It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone have more information on the Goddess Anput - consort of Annubis??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
One mans Messiah is another mans Demon.

So it goes, so it will keep going until people learn to respect others experiences without pushing their dogma on them.

Can we drop this in-fighting please?

The OP has expressed she experiences a peaceful communion with this being. Is that not enough? It's not like she's here advocating the destruction of all cultures mythos. We are all sharing out time in this world together trying to find a peaceful balance among the chaos, are we not? Isn't it time we let the old ways of hate and bad myths die out in order to give rise to a better tomorrow devoid of hostilities?

*sheesh*

I'm thrilled to finally be learning a beautiful origin story about Lilith/Anput.

Humans.
Always fighting over this that and the other thing.
Honestly! Will the madness ever end?

edit on 12/1/14 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LoveSheild

And KEMET goes far back than Mesoptamia

This is demonstrably false.

Egyptian history proper begins during the Naqada III period, c. 3200-3000 BCE, otherwise known as the Proto-dynastic Period of Egyptian history, when Upper (southern) and Lower (northern) Egypt had not been unified. The unification of Egypt under Narmer, Egypt's first Pharaoh, occurred c. 3150 BCE, with the first solid archaeological evidence (radiocarbon dating with a 95% accuracy rating) placing Egypt's second Pharaoh, Hor-Aha, c. 3100 BCE. Therefore, it is safe to assume that Egypt, as a nation, begins no earlier than 3200 BCE.

Mesopotamian history proper, that being the Sumerian, Akkadian, Assyrian and Babylonian empires, begins during the Proto-literate Period, otherwise known as the Uruk Period. This period, cataloged in a series of 14 phases based on the excavation layers of the city of Uruk, persisted from c. 4000-3000 BCE, when it gives way to the Jemdet-Nasr and Early Dynastic periods. These latter two serving as the first archaeologically sound Sumerian empire, lead by figures like Gilgamesh, Enmerkar, and Lugal-zagesi.

Mesopotamia, and specifically the Sumerians, have about 800 years on the Egyptians. That's not to say Egypt is in any way an inferior culture (I happen to find them both amazing), but archaeologically, Mesopotamia had the earlier dynastic and imperialistic civilization.

Lillith is Satan.

Lilith does not originate in Greece, but is actually modeled on a specific class of Sumerian spirits known as Lilin. The Lilin were comprised of three types of spirit:

The ardat.lilî or "maiden-spirit," is a youthful-looking spirit that craves sexual stimulation, and thus manifests in the guise of a lovely young woman, hoping to force itself upon unsuspecting men in the heat of sexual bliss. Consequently, the ardat.lilî was also known to manifest in the form of a weeping bride the night before a marriageable woman was to be wed. In this way the ardat.lilî is both a succubus, and a type of portent, causing and preventing ill sexual fortunes.

The lilītu is a type of chimera, part-woman, part-bird, that haunts the Mesopotamian steppe and preys upon travelers. Considered a "mature" spirit, the lilītu, like later tales of Sirens and mermaids, was said to lure travelers and wanderers away from the road to kill them. As with the maiden spirit, the lilītu also had a good side, in that its victims, primarily men, could be anyone: noble, peasant, merchant, even brigand and thief, thus it was also capable of doing good.

The lilû or "incubus," is a type of male spirit that preys upon able-bodied women, terrorizing them in the night. The lilû is often accompanied by a host of other creatures, like the alû, labartu, and labasu, all of which work together to attack a man or woman while they sleep. Attacks from these creatures produce symptoms of sleep paralysis, Hypnogogia, night terrors, and somnambulism, all of which the people of ancient Mesopotamia believed were symptoms of being "touched by" the Hand of a Demon or God.

These spirits, all of which are a type of nighttime air-demon, were, in reality, attendants of the deities Enlil and Ninlil (Lord and Lady of the Æther). Now, contrary to the abhorred Christian definition of a demon, in Mesopotamia a demon was not an "evil" creature acting in opposition to the natural order. Demons in Mesopotamia were agents of the gods and goddesses, acting in accordance with fate and the Divine Law, not against it. Thus, all three were seen as necessary evils.

To consider them evil or ungodly is incorrect. They were magical and spiritual symbols of real diseases that plagued and manifested in ancient Man's life. No more or less evil than Schizophrenia is today. You have to look at them from the eyes of the people of Mesopotamia in order to understand that though, and doing so requires you to take off the ideological blinders that Christian thought forces you to wear.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
One mans Messiah is another mans Demon.

So it goes, so it will keep going until people learn to respect others experiences without pushing their dogma on them.

Can we drop this in-fighting please?

The OP has expressed she experiences a peaceful communion with this being. Is that not enough? It's not like she's here advocating the destruction of all cultures mythos. We are all sharing out time in this world together trying to find a peaceful balance among the chaos, are we not? Isn't it time we let the old ways of hate and bad myths die out in order to give rise to a better tomorrow devoid of hostilities?

*sheesh*

I'm thrilled to finally be learning a beautiful origin story about Lilith/Anput.

Humans.
Always fighting over this that and the other thing.
Honestly! Will the madness ever end?

Thanks for your nice words.

I'm not entirely innocent though. I did express my resentment towards the Bible. I thought the book is hypocritical for punishing and demonizing the serpent for doing exactly the same thing the whole point of the book is about.

I don't worship the goddess Lilith/Anput to make myself clear. Our relationship is more of mother-son thing and a spiritual guide.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
She who is Crowned with Stars.

Found her also in Revelations!

Revelations 12:1
A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head.

This same woman did what Lilith did in Jewish myths:

Revelations 12:14
The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent’s reach.

Indeed, in Jewish myths, Lilith sprouted huge wings to flee her oppressor - Adam and his god and found rest in the wilderness.

This further strengthens the connection between Lilith and Anput. The Parable of Lazarus being followed by dogs maybe symbolic of Anput sympathizing or comforting people who are in great distress.

She's gonna be real happy!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

na... that isn't Lilith... that is Queen Elizabeth.

Lizard People... from a star cluster rumored to be called Draco.

oh and the Egyptians were from Orion.
pretty pictures and interesting astrogical information

edit on CST03uTue, 02 Dec 2014 03:08:57 -06000857am335 by Thurisaz because: add pretty picture

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Here's a picture of her for you, it's not Lilith and not Anput, though they share common origin, scary looking husband!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
Here's a picture of her for you, it's not Lilith and not Anput, though they share common origin, scary looking husband!

A lot of her depictions are corrupted.

The bible is probably a good example. Her probable references in the bible describes her as an evil spirit who seduces men, an adulterer.

And yet, the bible also portrayed her as the mother of the messiah and all who follows the messiah and a heavenly being of good nature in Revelations.

We can see in Revelations she is an important benevolent character.... ...And yet, she was not mentioned by the character of Jesus in the New Testament.

What I'm seeing is a deliberate attempt to erase her from records and if in case a semblance of her emerges, this character is demonized.

It reflects early man's attempt to try to eliminate female heroes or make Goddesses subject to a male counterpart. And of course, our history is full of female oppression. Coincidence??

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

No worries. Not every path is the same for every soul. Some people find their peace in the words in the Bible, others find it elsewhere. I am a firm believer that the Great Creator of Being loves diversity. After all, is there not an absolute abundance and myriads of expression and being?

The gentle soul always seeks the gentle stories and gentle path.

I have a soft spot for serpents myself....I cannot believe such an elegant little creature is "evil". Seems silly. As I have come to understand, serpents are symbols of wisdom and fertility.

In the cultural mythos of the time and within the peoples who wrote that particular Holy Book (especially given the region) it makes sense that one would caution against snakes...there still are several venomous species that lurk about and it provides a useful allegory to instill caution.

Up until your thread, I had only heard the Lilith story as told by the Jewish Mystics, that she was a demonic entity.

Seeing that Lilith may have been a retelling of the Goddess Anput makes sense....the transmutation of a archetype/goddess from that of a benevolent figure (in Egyptian Culture) into something to be wary and cautious of in Jewish Legend. I suppose such is inevitable when some cultures clash, especially in their infancy.

I am still a student of these mysteries, by no means a master....but I seek a beautiful retelling of the human story whereby the old tales bear fruit through a new generation....this time, instead of enslavement and oppression, there is sharing and storytelling and celebration. Not to rewrite the old books, but to write new books in the history of the passage of the human spirit and soul journey. The longer some cling solely to the angers and misgivings of the past, the longer we are doomed to repeat those same mistakes. May we learn from these stories, but may we also learn from direct experience.

Thank you again for this lovely topic.
*hugs*

edit on 12/2/14 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling amended

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
Seeing that Lilith may have been a retelling of the Goddess Anput makes sense....the transmutation of a archetype/goddess from that of a benevolent figure (in Egyptian Culture) into something to be wary and cautious of in Jewish Legend. I suppose such is inevitable when some cultures clash, especially in their infancy.

I am still a student of these mysteries, by no means a master....but I seen a beautiful retelling of the human story whereby the old tales bear fruit through a new generation....this time, instead of enslavement and oppression, there is sharing and storytelling and celebration. Not to rewrite the old books, but to write new books in the history of the passage of the human spirit and soul journey. The longer some cling solely to the angers and misgivings of the past, the longer we are doomed to repeat those same mistakes. May we learn from these stories, but may we also learn from direct experience.

Thank you again for this lovely topic.
*hugs*

Your welcome! I'm glad it made your day! She is nearly the opposite of what is popularly known about her except her beauty and wisdom.

Gross inconsistencies of her depiction in the Bible alone should make anyone realize, you can't trust everything you read about her.

You'll have to use logic and reasoning to figure this out. My contact with her helped but Lilith did not once introduced herself to me because she wanted me to recognize her and choose her out of my own free-will and sound reasoning, not out of fear.

Anyway, I have now recognized her 3rd character - Sophia from the Apocryphon of John (Gnostic texts). Sophia who also fled like Lilith into desolate places and also takes people out of their ignorance.

Lilith, Anput, and Sophia are one. Many many years ago, my sister saw me in a dream with three women who are not of this world. Today, this puzzle was solved!! Man this is awesome! Thanks to all who helped! May you all be loved by Her!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

in all seriousness, i suggest a therapist. what you need is not mythology but psychology. if you actually believe this lilith spirit thing is following you around...not just a dead pet or relative but an ancient deity? yeah, therapy is your best bet.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

in all seriousness, i suggest a therapist. what you need is not mythology but psychology. if you actually believe this lilith spirit thing is following you around...not just a dead pet or relative but an ancient deity? yeah, therapy is your best bet.

There are no deities nor Gods and Goddesses, only the living and the dead.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I study this becsuse i feel affiliated to anubis and lilith in some way. I have found that the pyramids of giza are positioned to align with Orions belt (which can be reffered to as the sheppard of Sirius) and also Sirius (the dog star), as also did many other different ancient societies across the world without having any contact with eachothrr. A lot of disimformation is out there about the subject i bring up some say that Orions belt Wis actually osirus and isis is Sirius while i belive that they have either made a mistake or covered this up for some other reason. Sirius is refered to as the dog star and is linked to anubis but ive also found that a tribe of native americans called Hopi belived that Orions belt was actually Lilith. And the space inbetween Orions belt and sirius are where stars are born, where the earth may have actually been born by star dust where we all come from. In school i was also taught that the Sun was the 'brightest star in the sky' when it surprises me to find out the brightest star is Sirius. Its very hard to find any information that links Anubis to Lilith on the internet but id enjoy to hear anyones response to this. reply to: johndeere2020

top topics

<< 1   >>

join