It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone have more information on the Goddess Anput - consort of Annubis??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I looked all over internet about the Goddess Anput, consort of Annubis with no success.

I believe she is closely connected to Lilith or is Lilith herself.

In Jewish myths, Lilith was said to have shiny black skin and inhabits desert where jackals meet. Goddess Anput is depicted by a black jackal.

Lilith is also known to appear in different forms, in different characters all over the world. She was suspected to be the wise Queen of Sheba for example and also the serpent in Garden of Eden.

I'm asking because I believe the woman spirit that frequently visits me is Lilith. She appears to me wearing a black robe covering her feet and barely showing her hands and always at night. Lilith is known as a night creature. She teaches me things of wisdom and knowledge and protects me. She has done this all my life since I was a baby. For the same reason, I have come to appreciate the night as well.

I know a lot about Lilith but I think much of it is false. She protected me as a baby while she is depicted as killer of babies and pregnant women (ISIS and other evil men do this, but not Lilith!)

My curiosity about the Goddess Anput is that if she is Lilith herself, then she is one of the positive and closest alternate depiction of Lilith and not evil. But ironically, there is very little information there is to be found about her. I couldn't just ask her. This is not how she imparts me knowledge, she wants me to find out myself, use the limits of logic - because this way, the knowledge I receive becomes part of my being.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Anput (Input) was the personification of the seventeenth nome of Upper Egypt. Her name is merely the female version of the name of her husband, Anubis ("t" is the feminine ending and Anubis was known as Anpu or Inpu to the Egyptians) and she is not often referred to except in relation to the seventeenth nome. However, Anput was thought to be the mother of Kebechet the goddess of purification.

She was depicted as a woman wearing a standard topped by a jackal, or as a large black dog or jackal. Probably the most notable example is that of the triad of Menkaure, Hathor and Anput. She was ocassionally depicted as a woman with the head of a jackal, but this is very rare.
--------------------------------

Wife of Anpu, Mother of Kebechet. Goddess of the seventeenth Nome of Upper Egypt. Which makes her a desert goddess and hence a Goddess of protection.

A few Titles:
Mother of Light.
Lady of the Holy Land.
Lady of Heaven.
The Dark Mother.
Lady of Magick.
Lady of the Circle.
Lady of the Light and The Dark.
Lady of Truth.
She who is Crowned with Stars.
She Who Protects.
Queen of the Starry Heavens.

A We know both from images and her name she is portrayed as a women with a standard head dress of a Jackal and Feather. Jackal-guardian,guides,sky spirits,air, hence breath,life. Also Jackal's were seen as Light Beings.
Feather- Truth, Justice,Order.

So Anput would be a Guide and Guardian. A Bringer of Life and Order. (in the Ancient sense) Also because of her desert nature she is a goddess of protection.

As 'Lady of the Holy Land' she is goddess of the tombs and burials.(even rebirth) She is also 'Great in Magick' which just seems to make simple sense.
edit on 1-12-2014 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

I AM going to keep the answer which you are seeking very logical to you because that's what I like you know? Shedding light on things leaving no trace of darkness behind.

But your answer to your questions is that KEMET based their gods on humans that had great knowledge and wisdom of magic, architects and so on. They usually showed their gods depicted with animal heads which depicted not the physical aspect of the man but the inner person, the man took on the mind of a animal such as the jackal which eats the dead.

Energy Vampire could be considered as a jackal headed god.

edit on 1-12-2014 by LoveSheild because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
"I'm asking because I believe the woman spirit that frequently visits me is Lilith. She appears to me wearing a black robe covering her feet and barely showing her hands and always at night. Lilith is known as a night creature. She teaches me things of wisdom and knowledge and protects me. She has done this all my life since I was a baby. For the same reason, I have come to appreciate the night as well."

You could just ask her when she visit you next time.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

Lillith is something else, Lillith is greek and many of the greek gods where fallen angels such as apollyon.

Lillith is Satan.

Kinda like Mr. Smith in the Matrix, different name but same spirit person.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSheild

Lillith is something else, Lillith is greek and many of the greek gods where fallen angels such as apollyon.
Lillith is Satan.

Can you show us any evidence that suggest that Lillith is greek?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

Wife of Anpu, Mother of Kebechet. Goddess of the seventeenth Nome of Upper Egypt. Which makes her a desert goddess and hence a Goddess of protection

The Dark Mother.
Lady of Magick.
Lady of Truth.
She Who Protects.

So Anput would be a Guide and Guardian.

I am eternally grateful to you Abednego! Because of you, I now have the answer.!

I never had these information.... But you have confirmed that the spirit who frequently visits me is indeed Anput - Lilith.

I did say in my OP that the spirit who visits me protects me and teaches me on wisdom and knowledge (a guide and a guardian).

This also confirms the identity of Anput is actually Lilith because Lilith as a serpent taught Eve knowledge of good and evil. Lilith can be also said as the queen of the desert where jackals meet.

As a "dark mother" she literally visits me mostly at night, wearing a black robe or sometimes as a shadowy figure, treats me like her son and does playful tricks on me.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

Yes I can, lillith was not recognized as lillith untill the greeks started to form and invent their gods after the kemetic gods, but lillith was never a kemetic god but the spirit of lillith was in man of the kemetic gods and greek gods because the spirit of lillith is the spirit of satan.

Their is only 2 types of spirits, Holy or Unholy. All Unholy spirits are of satan because he is the king of the dominion over darkness.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Yes I can, lillith was not recognized as lillith untill the greeks started to form and invent their gods after the kemetic gods, but lillith was never a kemetic god but the spirit of lillith was in man of the kemetic gods and greek gods because the spirit of lillith is the spirit of satan.

Their is only 2 types of spirits, Holy or Unholy. All Unholy spirits are of satan because he is the king of the dominion over darkness.

Lillith comes from jewish mythology developed earliest in the Babylonian Talmud, who is generally thought to be in part derived from a historically far earlier class of female demons Līlīṯu in Mesopotamian Religion, found in Cuneiform texts of Sumer, Akkad, Assyria and Babylonia.

I don't see any greeks in there.
edit on 1-12-2014 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMoose
You could just ask her when she visit you next time.

I did write that in my OP but that is not how she imparts me knowledge.

She only gives me tiny hints at best but in most cases, she wants me to find out myself.

And usually, when she shows up, it's only to let me feel her motherly love. Sometimes, she sleeps in me.

She doesn't show up all the time. It was relatively frequent lately but couple of years ago, it would be like once a year. My big sister saw her and she got scared of my ghostly mother.

My sister once dreamed of a woman who was with me. She told me the woman was jaded and indeed, Lilith's skin was told be like black jade. She never knew or even read about Lilith.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

Wife of Anpu, Mother of Kebechet. Goddess of the seventeenth Nome of Upper Egypt. Which makes her a desert goddess and hence a Goddess of protection

The Dark Mother.
Lady of Magick.
Lady of Truth.
She Who Protects.

So Anput would be a Guide and Guardian.

I am eternally grateful to you Abednego! Because of you, I now have the answer.!

I never had these information.... But you have confirmed that the spirit who frequently visits me is indeed Anput - Lilith.

I did say in my OP that the spirit who visits me protects me and teaches me on wisdom and knowledge (a guide and a guardian).

This also confirms the identity of Anput is actually Lilith because Lilith as a serpent taught Eve knowledge of good and evil. Lilith can be also said as the queen of the desert where jackals meet.

As a "dark mother" she literally visits me mostly at night, wearing a black robe or sometimes as a shadowy figure, treats me like her son and does playful tricks on me.

That's still a theory but if it satisfies your questions. Then be happy.
Just an advice; keep searching, reading and learning.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Lillith is Satan.

She was demonized when she refused to bend to Adam's will. What's wrong with a woman just wanting equal treatment with a man and not inferior?

Thus, she became the enemy (satan) of the popular patriarchal religions who regarded women as inferior because she represented herself as a woman rebellious to the rule of men.

Although she can look utterly scary - strange lady at night wearing a featureless black robe covering her feet but she is kind and gentle with me and treats me like her son. To reciprocate her feelings for me, I sometimes refer to her as my mother.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Just an advice; keep searching, reading and learning.

This is also what She taught me!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The Talmud is a mix of lies and truth.

And KEMET goes far back than Mesoptamia.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The Talmud and Jewish myths in general demonizes Lilith. Plausible references in the Bible to her demonizes her too.

But ironically, some of the first acts of Lilith were quite benevolent - rallying the equality of men and women, escaping our prison world, becoming immortal, and imparting knowledge of good and evil to Eve.

The Bible generally tries to impart knowledge of good and evil.. And yet, accuses the serpent in Genesis of evil for doing exactly the same thing!!

This proves the hypocrisy/double standards of the Bible.... So who's telling the truth?

As for Lilith proving to be the odd rebellious woman out in patriarchal religions, do you think men would allow her reputation to go around clean?

We are given the ability to think for a reason and that is not for practicing blind faith. It took me ages to test Lilith out. At first I also thought her to be evil and also got scared of her. In time, after I tested her to be pure and her reasoning full of justice and mercy and love, I welcomed her and she gladly received me. Nowadays, I don't get sick anymore, I look a lot better too.

I believe Lilith was also with Jesus and with Mary Magdalene.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Kemet

Kemetic religion is a family of related religions and religious practices which are all based on perceptions of the religious beliefs of the Ancient Egyptians. There are a number of main religious groups that all describe themselves as Kemetic in nature, and other groups integrate Kemetic beliefs and practices, without being specifically Kemetic. The “Kemetic” is a reference to “Kemet,” the ancient name for Egypt.

Kemetic religion is a form of neopaganism, meaning that it is a modern interpretation of an ancient religious practice which became extinct. This is in contrast with religions like Christianity, which have been practiced continuously since their inception. Like other neopagan religions, it relies heavily upon interpretation, and it may in fact be significantly different from the religious practices it is based on.

Ancient Egyptian religion was practiced for thousands of years by very diverse individuals, and it undoubtedly changed radically over the course of Egyptian history. This makes it difficult to pin down any one set of beliefs or practices as “authentic,” especially since so many records have been lost.

The development of Kemetic religion started in the United States in the 1970s, around the same time that many other neopagan and New Age religions got their start. This period was marked by great interest in religious exploration, and a desire to learn more about ancient religions. From the United States, the religion spread outward into other regions of the world, including Egypt, where several Kemetic sects practice today.
--------------------------
1970's that really old.

Please don't try to confuse Kemetic religion with Ancient Egyptian religion. It may look the same, but Kemet is Neopaganism.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Lillith is Satan.

You display you're operant conditioning very well. Please give us another example of how you have no idea of what you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I think that you lovely are mistaken. Kemet is was the name of egypt, a piece of land. The people where called kemites, they receive knowledge from the atlantians and then became a super power but they didn't always have that knowledge until thoth.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: amtracer

Your words Mirror yourself quite well, I feel darkness upon you so your words are as worthless to me as the dust beneath my feet.

How can I be lead by a Blind MAn?

Have a lovely day Sir.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join