It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News reporting "UFO mystery near ISS"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Outrageo

just saw it on the HD link ..

thought it was something on my laptop ...but it was actually the fuzzy spot exactly like that on the pic from the original OP...

1 min later, the HD site went down for 20s and came back up and the spot was gone....so....not sure what it was

ETA: it's back again and it's still there ... going full screen ...and definately NOT the lens...plus there are multiple other objects the same has the other that sitting off by itself ..

Beautifu shot of ISS .. so breath taking !!!

Can someone tell me what is in the upper right corner of the pic ?? It looks like a balloon...? !

edit on 29-11-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

A reflection of the city lights in the window.
Awesome shot tho

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Komodo

A reflection of the city lights in the window.
Awesome shot tho

thx.. i think so as well..

waiting to get a sunrise from the front camera .. going around the 3rd time right now .. keep getting either the sun at high noon or barely a sliver of white..

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Well, what is it?

UFO? Seems a little bit too big and unclear to be one. Doesn't seem to match anything we've seen so far.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

This story is spreading fast, but just among other news feeds - most pointing back to FOX News. It'd be nice if FOX identified the bloggers, the "camera feed" source/link, and/or the "skeptics" the announcer is citing as saying they (the skeptics) are "dismissing it as an illusion of light".

Yah, brilliant on their part. They got paid for all the people watching the ad that was longer than the "UFO" spot, including me.

Money grubbing, hoaxing, mainstream Jerks. They laughing all the way to the bank.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicRay

Yep more youtube nonsense being reported by MSM.

a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

So is this part of the very, very slow tedious process of disclosure or is this because they need the ratings

It's a reflection so I guess they're just reporting this for ratings / clicks.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
looks like the millennium falcon?

Lando Calrissian is that you?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I stopped reading at "Fox News".

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

...I stopped reading at Fox news...
Thanks for your insightful contribution... nice of you to weigh in...

Now - back to work...
We're just looking for a few answers, perhaps a better understanding, if possible. We're not killing the messenger (Fox news) in search of it...

"NASA" was displayed in the upper-left corner of the video. The announcer identified the clip as a camera feed from the ISS. That is the source -some collaboration or verification would have helped.

Dozens of listings on the bots are pointing back only to the network - nothing else. It's fizzling...
edit on 11/30/2014 by Outrageo because:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

The announcer identified the clip as a camera feed from the ISS. That is the source -some collaboration or verification would have helped.

The announcer also says "bloggers claim to have spotted" , CosmicRay on page 1 posted what seems to be the video uploaded by Streetcap1 who has a history of posting lens flares and reflections from the ISS live feed as UFOs.

As the live feed is live I think it likely Streetcap1 is the source for the recording and the UFO is a reflection.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Faux Snooze really? this is primetime worthy? this is nothing compared to the other much better and more interesting footage out there. This just shows how desperate they're becoming. a reply to: Outrageo

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I would have included a link to the UFO Sightings Daily blog as well but I don't feel Scott C. Waring deserves the web traffic. His site and content is awful.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
That appears to be a fuzzy gray jelly bean, sent into orbit by the Jelly Belly space project division.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Swamp gas reflected off Venus and corrupted by a sun dog.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
It's a reflection so I guess they're just reporting this for ratings / clicks.

Why do you make such unfounded statements?

It seems that every time something from ISS comes across...it is automatically a "reflection".
You can't possible know!

Do you know where the camera is mounted?
Is it inside, or outside?
Does the mounting and housing permit such "reflections"?

By the way; that view IS NOT part of the HD Earth Viewing Experiment. It is located on the "front" of ISS, that view is from the Truss.

edit on 7-12-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outrageo
"NASA" was displayed in the upper-left corner of the video. The announcer identified the clip as a camera feed from the ISS. That is the source -some collaboration or verification would have helped.

Dozens of listings on the bots are pointing back only to the network - nothing else. It's fizzling...

Some "corroboration": That view is from a robotic camera mounted on the truss, out near the solar panels. The mounting and housing of this camera is done in such a way that "reflections" are nearly impossible, however, under the right conditions, lens flares may occur. Although, in the image in question...that is not a lens flare.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

Ok, thanks for your feedback...

Although you're misquoting me: I said some COLLABORATION would have helped (I didn't say "corroboration"). In other words, I was merely suggesting that some validating or verifying authority would have helped lend credibility to the story - to collaborate, to work with NASA/TMSM, etc., to confirm the account.

But your point is well taken. How do you KNOW the image is "not a lens flare"? I'm not saying it is - merely curious how you seem to know with such conviction that it is NOT...

Thanks for chiming in...
edit on 12/7/2014 by Outrageo because:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outrageo
a reply to: tanka418

Ok, thanks for your feedback...

Although you're misquoting me: I said some COLLABORATION would have helped (I didn't say "corroboration"). In other words, I was merely suggesting that some validating or verifying authority would have helped lend credibility to the story - to collaborate, to work with NASA/TMSM, etc., to confirm the account.

I understand what you asked for; however, collaboration with NASA probably isn't possible, and, I couldn't provide it anyway...so, I posted what you "needed"...

But your point is well taken. How do you KNOW the image is "not a lens flare"? I'm not saying it is - merely curious how you seem to know with such conviction that it is NOT...

Thanks for chiming in...

The angle of the incoming light..A lens flare is a kind of reflection; in this case it is a reflection off the interior of a lens assembly...so...

It appears to me that the position of the "suspect" pixels is incorrect for a lens flare...Also, this camera isn't a "normal" camera, like the ones used inside, or the HD Earth Viewing Experiment. It is intended for use in space; so...the device is "hardened" against several things; including reflections of all sort. However, the camera also appears to be robotic, so...the probability, no matter how small, still exists for a lens flare...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join