It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plunging oil prices and the ww3 connection

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Indeed the fracking industry has a lower limit of the price per barrel, when they start shutting down wells, or discontinue drilling new ones. Coming direct from the center of all things happening in the oil boom of North Dakota, I can tell you that they have already started shutting down wells here.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
a reply to: MrSpad

My point about the cash reserves was that Russia is probably on par with Americas cash reserves I imagine they hold fairly similar amounts of cash, gold, precious metals etc. I referenced cash reserves as I am unsure how you think Russia has no money yet America has lots?, as far as I know America is over 15 trillion in debt.

The US has three things that are each way better than cash reserves:
1. An unlimited line of credit (all nations have this)
2. Petrodollar
3. We're the largest creditor on the planet, our currency is backed by the debt of most nations as a result. We hold 15 trillion in foreign debt. That backs our currency (and allows us to use our credit line) far more effectively than russia and their half a trillion.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Why must there be a conspiracy?

It's as simple as "the market"

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: Donkey_Dean
Its all about Russia. That's why..

Nothing Saudi Arabia is doing, in regards to oil production, has Russia involved as the benefactor or target.

Disagree. Saudi actions are primarily against Russia (supporting Assad) and Iran, as they are the pro-shia axis. Don't underestimate the depth of the Sunni/Shia rivalry which is now re-erupting into hatred and how central this is to Saudi Arabia.

US frackers are collateral damage.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Nothing Saudi Arabia is doing, in regards to oil production, has Russia involved as the benefactor or target.

Disagree. Saudi actions are primarily against Russia (supporting Assad) and Iran, as they are the pro-shia axis. Don't underestimate the depth of the Sunni/Shia rivalry which is now re-erupting into hatred and how central this is to Saudi Arabia.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: gorsestar

Because this is ATS and we look a bit deeper than what the Marketeer's tell us. No harm in that is there?
Just like the Housing bust in the states with loans for every Tom Dick and Harry.....Bankers in jail = zero, people ruined for life? millions of them and they have suffered and will continue to suffer for the duration of their debt to the Marketeer's.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 1-12-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

Without question.

Ruble falls sharply following ongoing decline in oil prices
english.pravda.ru...

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I don't know enough about this to really add much....but defer to those of you who do.....not sure this has been mentioned....but Russia has cancelled it's pipeline here:

President Vladimir V. Putin said Monday that he would scrap Russia’s South Stream gas pipeline, a grandiose project that was once intended to establish the country’s dominance in southeastern Europe but instead fell victim to Russia’s increasingly toxic relationship with the West.

It was a rare diplomatic defeat for Mr. Putin, who said Russia would redirect the pipeline to Turkey. He painted the failure to build the pipeline as a loss for Europe and blamed Brussels for its intransigence.

and

At the same time, the sharp fall in oil prices has put a squeeze on the Kremlin’s finances, perhaps ruling out a multibillion-dollar investment in a pipeline that might never pay off, despite the political advantages.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on Mon Dec 1 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Putin may threaten to attack the U.S. if this continues to get worse.This kind of stuff is no joke.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

President Vladimir V. Putin said Monday that he would scrap Russia’s South Stream gas pipeline, a grandiose project that was once intended to establish the country’s dominance in southeastern Europe but instead fell victim to Russia’s increasingly toxic relationship with the West.

It was a rare diplomatic defeat for Mr. Putin, who said Russia would redirect the pipeline to Turkey. He painted the failure to build the pipeline as a loss for Europe and blamed Brussels for its intransigence.

www.nytimes.com...

This itself has got me scratching my head, and still waiting for a logical explanation.
We know Turkey is supporting ISIS
ISIS wants to overthrow Syria
Syria is a close ally of Russia.

So Russia is effectively attacking its own ally? I'm sure Russia doesn't want the Syrian regime out, neither do I believe they have no inside information about Turkeys off the book supply runs.
So what is happening?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Opium4themasses

It could have to do with pissing The West off by cutting into the Southern Europe/Azerbaijan pipeline...

Link

edit on 2 12 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iwinder

originally posted by: gorsestar

Because this is ATS and we look a bit deeper than what the Marketeer's tell us. No harm in that is there?
Just like the Housing bust in the states with loans for every Tom Dick and Harry.....Bankers in jail = zero, people ruined for life? millions of them and they have suffered and will continue to suffer for the duration of their debt to the Marketeer's.
Regards, Iwinder

Understandable, but sometimes the truth is shallow. I personally just see supply and demand effects on the market.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Oil is in over supply, resulting in a price fall. Demand and supply. Basic economics. This is due to...

1. The massively expanded US fracking industry
2. Libya getting back on line
3. The slow down of economic growth in, primarily in China means their demand has reduced

Low oil prices hurts oil producers, such as Russia, OPEC and (yes) the US, but is beneficial to the West generally as it reduces energy costs.

Why does low oil pricing equal war? That's a nonsense link. In fact, with Russia just about to enter recession it reduces the chance of conflict in e.g. Ukraine as Russia cannot afford it!

Regards

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Why does low oil pricing equal war? That's a nonsense link. In fact, with Russia just about to enter recession it reduces the chance of conflict in e.g. Ukraine as Russia cannot afford it!

As far back as I can research the cost of war is not a deterrent to any country, it actually kicks up the economy of the said country into high gear.

My dad is case in point, before WW2 he didn't have a pot to piss in, signed up and went off for 5 years plus then came home and money was no object. They could not build houses fast enough and that is the truth, there was a waiting list for new homes and cars a mile long "as they say"
I should mention this was Canada and we as a Country were piss poor indeed......but once we got the war effort going the money just rolled in.
And he was not flush due to his Navy pay I actually have some of his pay stubs and stuff so I know it was not a factor.

Back to your quote up top if I may, so the States are 14 Trillion dollars in debt yet they maintain how many conflicts right at this moment?
You would think that they would be selling off assets and avoiding war at all costs......not the case is it?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

They need to keep fighting or the Petrodollar loses it status. The only reason US doesn`t buckle under so much debt is that they have an unlimited debt card (the Petrodollar), and now they must keep on fighting to uphold the Petrodollar or the US economy implodes.

Controlling energy resources is what keeping the Petrodollar up, hence Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Ukraine and Syria.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: Iwinder

They need to keep fighting or the Petrodollar loses it status. The only reason US doesn`t buckle under so much debt is that they have an unlimited debt card (the Petrodollar), and now they must keep on fighting to uphold the Petrodollar or the US economy implodes.

Controlling energy resources is what keeping the Petrodollar up, hence Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Ukraine and Syria.

Well said and I really cannot add to your statement above.
Except that you forgot about the Iranian's :-)
I'm not sure what shut down that clown show but either Iran showed some teeth, or the States figured it was going to be a tough one.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
According this article The West got outplayed again, so let`s recap...

- Toppling Assad with rebels and getting gas pipeline from Qatar to Europe

- Syria `13 with Russia making a deal with Assad regarding Chemical weapons to prevent attack

- Crimea and Eastern Ukraine

- BRICS side lining the Dollar by creating "mini-IMF"

- Not one, but two "Holy Grail" gas deals between Russia and China

- Failing TPP because Asian countries are going for China and thus failing US dominance in the Pacific

- And now Turkey made the switch towards Russia and blocking gas from Azerbaijan to Europe (Erdogan just loves to be king now at the gas junction to Europe)

Cold Turkey: Ankara Buckles Against Western Pressure, Turns to Russia

Russia has abandoned the troubled South Stream project and will now be building its replacement with Turkey. This monumental decision signals that Ankara has made its choice to reject Euro-Atlanticsm and embrace Eurasian integration.

In what may possibly be the biggest move towards multipolarity thus far, the ultimate Eurasian pivot, Turkey, has done away with its former Euro-Atlantic ambitions. A year ago, none of this would have been foreseeable, but the absolute failure of the US’ Mideast policy and the EU’s energy one made this stunning reversal possible in under a year. Turkey is still anticipated to have some privileged relations with the West, but the entire nature of the relationship has forever changed as the country officially engages in pragmatic multipolarity.

Source

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Do you know what the "petrodollar" actually meant?

It was the large amount of dollars earned by suddently wealthy Mideast potentates starting in the mid 70's being recycled back to the dollar-based financial markets.

In other words, they had nothing worthwhile to invest in profitably back home and so the money came back.

The US dollar is kept 'up' on the strength of its economy, interest rates, and most of all the deepest bond market on the planet. The money trade (investment) is much larger than the oil trade.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Do you know what the "petrodollar" actually meant?

I posted a few hours earlier in another thread the explaining of what the Petrodollar means with a YouTube vid...

Link

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

The US dollar is kept 'up' on the strength of its economy, interest rates, and most of all the deepest bond market on the planet. The money trade (investment) is much larger than the oil trade.

First off if you have not noticed the "Economy" is in the toilet and down the drain.....(Worst Black Friday for sales in History)
Interest rates are interesting right now.....almost zero yet nothing is moving except the diapers at WalMart.
Oh yes we all know about the Money traders and their million dollar bonuses they used to receive yearly. Not anymore they do and nor will they again in the future if things keep sliding the way they are.

The money trade (investment) is much loved by people whom have good paying jobs and some cash to spare. We are talking about the 1% now and not the economy at all.

Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join