It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plunging oil prices and the ww3 connection

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
No, Saudi's work for the U.S. Their interests always align with the U.S's. They are providing cheap oil to hurt the Russians and we all know who has the Biggest history with the Russians in recent times.

That perfectly explains why the Saudi's just delivered a massive financial hit to the US (as well as others).

The first, and most affected, will be the primarily unconventional oil producers.

Russia is not one of those.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
Crude was about 25 dollars a barrel in 2000 and jumpd to 50 dollars a barrel in 2005. The price of crude is all lies.

Yes, it's all speculation on a world wide scale. That's why I think there is a much deeper reason for the WWIII war drums getting louder and louder.

The alliances are being formed, the bomb makers are in full production and by this time next year; Iran will be in flames, And the world powers will have flipped, and the world economies will be in chaos.
edit on 28-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yes mate no doubt. The front lines of the coming Armageddon are being drawn right before our very eyes, pretty frighting to be honest. But no matter the price of a barrel its still always profitable for the oil majors to produce it, they simply cap their wells in first world countries and exploit third world wells at a greater rate instead.

Personaly I thought we had more time, at least time enough for technology and reason to save us, but ever since 9/11 things changed, radically for the worse.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

Personaly I thought we had more time, at least time enough for technology and reason to save us, but ever since 9/11 things changed, radically for the worse.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. And admittedly I scoffed at Biblical prophesy; looks like I was wrong!

I don't think Revelations will play out like it was written but there will be a global cleansing.

ever read "A Canticle for Libowitz" ?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah man, one of me favorites, mad monks and their schematics lol. Gene Roddenberry predicted this aswell, he pretty much envisioned the total collapse of all financial systems and labour markets in our near future, essentialy a dark age ensues until humanity uses the technology it has to move away from these materialist trappings.

Enjoyed Foundation series immensely though, it somewhat helped with the confusion in that may be dark ages are cyclical parts of nature we must endure. If only they taught psychohistory in schools we might just survive this planet yet.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Could the dishwasher sized Fusion device be just around the corner....Lockheed Martin says so.......

Actually some time it has to happen, a source of power/fuel not dependent on oil. When it is going to be allowed to finally come to light. I think oil would become less and less of value to the big players. The plastic industries uses about 5% but half of that goes to power the production and not the making of the product.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I play Rise of Nations a lot and I'll tell you, if the states diverted all of their military spending towards science and technology for just 10 years or less, they can be the first to develop it. Whomever is first developing it rules the world. Plain and simple. Nations would collapse overnight. It would be a vulnerable period for many countries and what better way to march in a new system, allies and foreign policies.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Something I heard recently and thought was interesting.

Apple Is Now Worth More Than The Entire Russian Stock Market

what this comparison really shows us is how badly the Russian economy is doing. And there’s both macroeconomic and microeconomic reasons for this.

Apple is now worth more than the entire quoted Russian stock market. But that’s not so much a reflection of how well Apple is being run as it is a signal of how appallingly the Russian economy is being run.

www.forbes.com...

Considering this it's a bit hard to see how Putin will bankrupt and crash the west and start WW3.
edit on 28-11-2014 by JimTSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

I scrolled through about a dozen google links all from american news claiming the same thing regarding Russia's economy. But if you listen to what Russia's economy minister says, it's a different story

Low oil prices will not ruin the economy the Russian Economic Development Minister Aleksey Ulyukaev has said, adding that the oil price estimate for the 2015 budget has been slashed to $80 a barrel from $100 a barrel. "We aren’t going to collapse,” Ulyukaev said at a meeting with ministers in Moscow Friday.

Igor Sechin, the chairman of the country’s biggest oil producer, Rosneft, said that Russia could even withstand prices as low as $60 per barrel. The oil chief also warned that the world oil market is about to undergo significant changes.

rt.com...

edit on 28-11-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Certainly interesting times, in my opinion it's not only US news it's global equity market news and shows, truthfully I think, how badly the Russian economy is going. It's about more than just falling oil prices but some may say it's western propaganda if that's a view they wish to take. Russia will probably go into recession in the next year, not looking too good.

And when was the last time we believed anything a politician said? lol.
edit on 28-11-2014 by JimTSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

Certainly is Jim. And without a doubt they're feeling the pinch but ultimately I think it's the west that will get the bruise. OPEC admits they're trying to quash fracking but S.A is US's ally. If they're willing to double-cross the west, then perhaps their loyalties lay else where? I think where Russia has the advantage is they don't have as much invested into oil as the west does. If the dow jones fell 3000 points tomorrow, it wouldn't affect me at all, as an example. Cause I'm already broke.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
if there is a ww3 rushia will not be the economic force it will be the military force

it will be the frontline

only one i can see crashing the usa econimy is china and thats a maby im not 100% shure

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This is a great thread but a couple of fine points have not been mentioned. A zerohedge.com graphic shows production costs of fracking sites in the US midwest

www.zerohedge.com...

At-cost oil in this region is at best $75 and at worst $186. Russia and SA may take a hit from the price drop, but not an actual loss like the US and its fracking.

Maybe they are just worried about our environmental impact in the US, sinse we are destroying our landscape with fracking and they are simply drilling in the sand, it is out of empathy that they are allowing us to slow our production.

in regards to the Russian economy doing poorly, are they doing worse than we are or are they just being more honest about it? if our stock market is bigger, but falsly inflated, and Russia's is smaller but more acccurate, who is in a better position?

The last thing that is worth mentioning is the BRICS Alliance becoming stronger, and more bold as their international economy comes online. Two of the major players are Russia and China, both of which are mentioned in this thread as they exit the petro dollar. Are they preparing to make the big switch?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
So with the price falling so low, should we expect to see the costs of all these goods that have went WAY up (due to fuel costs) in recent years, start to fall?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The reality is low oil prices are bad for OPEC. The cause of the lower prices has been because in the US producing shale oil became profitable with the higher oil prices. The US is now the worlds largest oil producer although unlike Russia and most OPEC states it is not a large part of the US economy. OPEC had two options, one decrease production so prices rise, a short term solution as the US would take an even bigger part of the market. Or do nothing and let prices fall for a year or so making shale oil production no longer worth it and hope to put them out of the market. OPEC went with the second.

Now on to Russia and its role in this. No secret oil and natural gas are Russia's economy. Russia lives and dies by those prices. Russia pushed OPEC to cut production. However in 2009 when OPEC and Russia agreed to cut oil production to raise prices OPEC did and Russia instead increased production and profited off of OPECs losses. On top of that Russian support for Assad is also coming with a price. So yes OPEC is happy to see Russia suffer, it is not the goal but, it is icing on the cake.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
looks like the Saudis are making quite a few enemies all at once. NATO and the US being such a wild card makes the situation complex. or so it seems to someone who has no knowledge of what goes on behind closed doors.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

OPEC went with the second.

Which is also a short term solution. When they drive up the prices again the shale producers will be back in business. Except this time there will be fewer of them allowing more market share for the thriving companies. Which is bad for OPEC as well. I don't think a merry-go-round of oil wars would be very prudent.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
Saudi's work for Saudi's. If your interests align with theirs, you get to come along for the ride. If they don't, see ya.

You just described every nation on earth.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
if there is a ww3 rushia will not be the economic force it will be the military force

it will be the frontline

only one i can see crashing the usa econimy is china and thats a maby im not 100% shure

That is some powerful logic you have going on.......So how will they be able to afford things like soldiers pay and hardware and the cost of feeding the soldiers............YA.

Wars are won with economics this is the cold hard truth. Russia can not afford a war. Russia like another poster pointed out stock market is worth less than Apple........YA.
edit on 29-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
If I were to guess this has been well known in circles. Clearly an attack on Russian financial stability. Explains the merger of HAL and BHI. The second and third largest merge to weather the storm. More manipulation. Sweeeeeeet. *rolls eyes*

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join