It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure: Prison time for those who have been hiding info?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Just a thought, but since there is nothing illegal about hiding information on aliens...should we make it illegal? Perhaps then some people would be "motivated" to disclose the truth. Sort of a whistleblower law in reverse where if you don't reveal information to the public then you can be prosecuted.

Now I'm not stupid and officialy they would probably reclassify any alien contact as "unknown" or any other word to side step acknowledgement of aliens, but the law would have to state preponderance of the evidence shows there is a possibility of alien contact.

National security is something the military would fall back on as a crutch, but they have already stated that they do not see UFOs as a threat to national security...so all past UFO information would have to be released. Jail time is a great way to get people talking.

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Boogie]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Will never happen, since it would simply be too many.

Besides, they could always claim they didnt know. Always point higher up the ladder. Claim they where only following orders.

Think the person highest on the ladder will be dragged to court?

Then probably he will claim all past top dogs knew, he's no different.

We would have to threaten the dead with jail time.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
befor all that could happen a millitary base holding this info would ask the president to say that certain military bases are noy subject to laws just like gthey did with area 51...like that guy who died of some sort of radiation on area 51,family and freinds of his sued the military for info on cuase of death and the judge ruled in the military's favor....so any info on ufos that the government has will be considerd fairy tales by them and it wouldnt be realease unless aliens do contact the regular person and notify the media and public in record numbers about there existence.....

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wize_wun
befor all that could happen a millitary base holding this info would ask the president to say that certain military bases are noy subject to laws just like gthey did with area 51...like that guy who died of some sort of radiation on area 51,family and freinds of his sued the military for info on cuase of death and the judge ruled in the military's favor....so any info on ufos that the government has will be considerd fairy tales by them and it wouldnt be realease unless aliens do contact the regular person and notify the media and public in record numbers about there existence.....

With you on that one

[edit on 11-12-2004 by Wangan]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yes, it seems it would be pretty difficult to compel those that have this information (if it exists) to police themselves. Even if things went public, I'd imagine the American people and the judicial system would be more interested in how our lives would be affected in the immediate and long term future to worry about trying to prosecute the hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people in the United States who knew of the existence of sentient life outside of our own here on Earth.

Besides, even if everything was de-classified today, it would probably be awhile before we filtered through the mundane, the black ops technology, and actually found concrete proof of E.T. that specifically gave names on who was behind it. And by that time most of that stuff may have 'somehow' hit the circular file.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Will never happen, since it would simply be too many.

Besides, they could always claim they didnt know. Always point higher up the ladder. Claim they where only following orders.

Think the person highest on the ladder will be dragged to court?

Then probably he will claim all past top dogs knew, he's no different.

We would have to threaten the dead with jail time.

Good points everyone. I think the above quote would be exactly what we would want though...We got Rumsfeld to show up in front of the Senate on the Iraqi Prison Abuse, so it can happen. And we most definetly would be pointing fingers at the dead.

Wize_wun: I don't know how the President could sign an order that prevents the release of UFO information. I would reference to past Blue Book announcements that claimed there was nothing to hide...the president would then end up saying either 1) the US posses aircraft that can do this stuff ever since the 40's (yet we will not release it into our economy?) or 2) there are aliens that control these craft. It would paint him into a very silly looking corner.

irleetarded: I agree with much of what you had to say. I don't know about thousands having access to this info. My guess is probably around 40-300 people are the group in charge of this (though they probably are in various branches of intelligence and military with their normal "cover" jobs, from which they gather UFO info). Also as I have heard, there really is no paper trail on some UFOs, it was all word of mouth. I'm sure there are some documents that exist that theorize on alien technology and motives for being here, but other than that I assume most smoking guns (craft, bodies, etc.) being revealed would result in death (and maybe death to family) to the revealer and trump any threats of jail time.

I think I'm just looking for "knowledge" of a cover up to be a threat of jail time so that info starts flowing. We all know that there are UFO reports and films that have been hidden away that were claimed not to be a threat to national security...so then release them. I know they will claim to have lost them so now you start threatening people with jail time who dealt with the material or force that branch of government to start showing a paper trail of who was involved and ask why such material has disappeared...and how would you like to go to prision if you start lying?

Just my two cents, but we all know this info, whether alien or not, has been intentionally hidden and lied about. Any other ideas on how to get it released?

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Short of forced guided tours of bases it seems like there is just way too much 'red tape' already in place to maintain the status quo (whatever that is).

Like you said, there's probably little paper trail and an extremely limited amount of people with firsthand knowledge of the inner workings of what is really going on.

If there is a NWO / alien harboring conspiracy then I doubt jail time would force their hand -- especially since these types of people would already have large power bases and plenty of bargaining chips (leave us alone and how 'bout some technology) in their arsenal.

It would be nice to have something though...I think (if we do have knowledge of UFO's) that the government grossly underestimates our ability as a 'modern' race to deal with something that Earth changing. Time (hopefully) will tell.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
boogie- the preisdent can sign an order that says this certain area or angency is not subject to international,national,state,or local laws..just clinton did with area 51..so woulnt you think the mj12 and nsa would be coverd by that law..really i have no intrest in roswell...blue book and all that bs..we have alread heard these stories about our technology back in the cold war era and all these secret operatioins with weather balloons that can detect nuclear bombs,uranium, and such..but the real stories are behind the people who have experienced aliens or there presence..yes the government would make the president look stupid and classify him as insane and then assinate him 2 days after that for even a refrence about the truth....i think the olny way to get people to talk (meaning the u.s government) is by international help..europe is a key factor in this if this becomes a really key issue..europe is open to ufos..the soviets acuatly had a public angencie dedicated to the study of ufos but in the publics eye...so america will lighten up on this issue...i'm just waiting for these other countries to smack the living day lights out of america and wake the public up.

new topics

top topics

join