It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG!This Comprehensive Database Shows What Military Equipment Your Local Police Department Has Been

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think this has already been posted:

HERE

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TM62

I don't think this stuff is considered surplus, would you pay 922,000 for a used helicopter? Or 658,000 for a mine resistant vehicle?

No.
Neither did the counties. Those are the "values" of the equipment. It was given to law enforcement agencies, not sold.
www.dispositionservices.dla.mil...

edit on 11/27/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

RIFLE,5.56 MILLIMETER only $120.00 each. what a bargain. they bought 100 between them.

Not really, since other agencies got theirs for free I guess your county got ripped off.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What are the chances it is just a PREPOSITION of equipment by the Fed?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well, how about that? My county isn't even listed. I suppose that means that our sheriff kept his promise not to militarize his department. How refreshing.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
So my county, with a population just over 90,000, was given (among other things):

36 infrared illuminators
62 night vision image intensifiers
59 integrated lasers (I was thinking laser sights, but at almost 2 grand a pop, I'm not sure)
1 mine resistant vehicle (they already had at least one more that I'm aware of)
3 night vision sights
5 optics modules (not sure what these are, $14,000 a pop)
2 prefabricated portable buildings
100 chemical/biological reservoirs (???)
1 explosive ordnance disposal robot
14 night vision scopes
95 night vision sniper scopes (there are less than ten local police snipers)
125 reflex sights
2 thermal scopes
1 snapshot 525 thermal imaging camera
9 spotlights
16 telescopes
10 tents
2 trailers
3 cargo trailers
3 training aids (??? $1,400 each)
1 tractor truck
1 cargo truck
10 utility trucks
1 bumper mount turret
1 roof mount turret
4 night vision viewers (not sure about these, $111,000 each, so not simple goggles or anything)

Add all that to what they already had: an enormous fleet of vehicles they have (including dozens of unmarked Silverados, Escalades, Civics, and at least one Camaro), several drones of various types, 2 other helicopters (one of which is outfitted with over a million dollars worth of special thermal and infrared sensors), 16 Segways (yes, really), quite a few ATVs, a handful of various armored vehicles, and at least one hovercraft (despite the fact that there isn't a single body of water around). Again, not anywhere near the border, population of just over 90k.

Yeah, I think that qualifies as ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

The Wolverine, Bear, mine proof vehicle what ever you want to call it is the only concerning thing on this list. The police don't need a military grade personel carrier, but the bomb disposing robot you highlighted makes 100% sense and I would have paid more than 10,000 for one. That # saves lives, mine proof vehicle.... this isn't iraq.... you aren't soldiers worried about IEDs.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Wow... Looking through the list for my county (King, WA) and I am at a loss... Most of the items are pretty basic and understandable, but a lot of it is really odd.

Anyone know what the following might be, or what purpose they might have for law enforcement?

ALE29 WORK BENCH
COUNTERMEASURES SET
RANGE FINDER,LASER

Those are just a few of the odd things i noticed. I think its fair to say that the pricing associated with the items is greatly exaggerated, standard government style. For example there is a single HP 5100 PRINTER listed with a value of $2,233.00... You can get the same printer on E-Bay for less than $100.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: thishereguy

here you go

www.nytimes.com...

California got more than 30 helicopters and about as many armored vehicles.

Idaho got a few assault rifles.

Alabama got at least 11 helicopters.

Idaho looks pretty good to me.

Louisiana didn't get much either, mostly assault rifles.

NY didn't get as much as I thought it would. 1 helocopter in the capitol and a few armored vehicles here and there.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I would say this is a strategy to preposition gear for a later purpose NOT for law enforcement use.
HOW else can you store such hardware ALL over the country for free?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

originally posted by: TM62

...would you pay 922,000 for a used helicopter?

Do you have any idea how much helicopters cost? Even for a civilian model that could be a good deal.

IDIOTS got ripped off majorly. And YOU payed for it. Maybe next time they get a 5 million dollar grader with bullet proof windows. WHO cares , right. YOU payed for it. In your town they probably have a huge barrage of fireworks and give out toy trinkets and junk during the 4th of july. Thats OK, You payed for all the stuff in your taxes. Thats OK, Let em go on a spending spree AND raise your taxes even more. WHO CARES. They do the same in ALL towns. Like this one gimmik. A town member uses money's from local tax payers and buys a big roaster and a whole bunch of prime ribs. For the 4th of july. On the 4th he sells the prime ribs and makes a huge profit. He then puts back into the kitty the money of local tax payers and pockets the rest for himself. THIS ACTIVITY HAS BEEN GOING ON IT TOWNS SINCE I CAN REMEMBER. You know, there is a reason why they put on the movie the dukes of hazzard where Boss hog has his shaddy deals. Thats because this goes on in other towns. You should watch your local townsfolks, there could be a boss HOG in there some place.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join