It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG!This Comprehensive Database Shows What Military Equipment Your Local Police Department Has Been

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If anyone has posted this I apologize, this is new to me any way, thanks for checking into this. I can't wait to check into the NYC counties, again WTF?

Holy #! Sorry about the expletive, but WOW all I can say is this is crazy and the monies spent on this type of weaponry for local gov'ts is ridiculous! Here is what my county has purchased. Mind you we are very rural, In 1118 sq miles there is a population of about 82000 peoples. Granted we do reside on the border of Canada, maybe this was my county's rationale. So my county has purchased;

NY CLINTON BUFFER FLOOR 4 EA $500.00
NY CLINTON LOADER,SCOOP TYPE 1 Each $47,762.00 12/22/2012
NY CLINTON MINE RESISTANT VEHICLE 1 Each $658,000.00 9/11/2013
NY CLINTON RACK,STORAGE,SMALL 6 EA $431.09
NY CLINTON ROBOT,EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL 1 Each $10,000.00 2/1/2013
NY CLINTON TRACTOR,FULL TRACKED,LOW SPEED 1 Each $158,799.00 12/20/2012
NY CLINTON TRUCK TRACTOR 1 Each $166,223.00 6/21/2013
NY CLINTON TRUCK,AMBULANCE 1 Each $71,900.00 11/15/2012
NY CLINTON TRUCK,SERVICING PLATFORM 1 Each $65,599.00 1/17/2013
NY CLINTON TRUCK,UTILITY 1 Each $55,500.00 3/17/2012
NY CLINTON TRUCK,UTILITY 1 Each $55,500.00 3/17/2012
NY CLINTON TRUCK,UTILITY 1 Each $55,500.00 5/14/2012
NY CLINTON TRUCK,UTILITY 1 Each $35,000.00 4/24/2012

Seems a bit much, started looking through other counties within New York state and Albany county just on the first page has 50+ purchases of night vision image intensifiers? WTF?? Below is the first 4 items, they have 4 pages of weaponry purchases, what the hell are they expecting?

thepatriotnation.net...

NY ALBANY AIRPLANE,CARGO-TRANSPORT 1 Each $1,967,301.00 6/22/2010
NY ALBANY HANDCUFFS 25 Unknown $0.00 9/12/2012
NY ALBANY HELICOPTER,UTILITY 1 Each $922,704.00 6/18/2013
NY ALBANY IMAGE INTENSIFIER,NIGHT VISION 1 Each $10,747.00 4/15/2013

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
better protect that second amendment people! i'm sure it will really tip the scale in your favor when "the revolution"will begin, whenever that is lol.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Why should it matter if a law enforcement has military surplus equipment. That equipment is better made and more durable than anything else that could be bought. KUDO's for recycling military surplus. IMO. However, I am a retired military person that has a somewhat skewed look as to what is good for law enforcement personal protection equipment.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Oh its not just high tech military gadgetry.

If you think night vision cutting edge is worring, check this link out.

Yes, old school and unnecessary? I think so.

Bayonets

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

That is over the top! Well prep'd for anything apparently. TY for sharing that link. A lot of these states are in budget deficit crisis mode yet they can spend thousands if not millions of dollars on military equipment. to ceeker63, I don't think this stuff is considered surplus, would you pay 922,000 for a used helicopter? Or 658,000 for a mine resistant vehicle? That's just one county, freakin' BS!! NY is going down the crapper and this is what they purchase? I don't get it.
edit on 27-11-2014 by TM62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Must be for zombies, in short of a katana, surplus bayonets must do

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
thats nuts man
i think the money could be spent differently

i just looked at my county. april of this year they bought a mine resistant vehicle....$733,000

i would rather the city filled in 3/4 mill worth of potholes

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TM62

here you go

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: thishereguy

Sweet, TY! Looking into that now! Makes looking Nationwide a lot easier thanks again, check out the map on the link,this is insane to me.
edit on 27-11-2014 by TM62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

You think the border states would get the bulk of this "surplus" equipment but it isn't so, now that's stupid once again. Which implies they are not worried about whats coming in, it's already here! Freaky stuff going down! I know it has been for a while now, just didn't realize it was this widespread.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
the two counties that i live and work in Florida, haven't bought that much.
one bought a MINE RESISTANT VEHICLE, at 420,000 bucks, 4 TRUCKS,UTILITY at $ 60,409 . i'm guessing their not deuces.
one of the bought a HELICOPTER,OBSERVATION, at $92,290.00.

now they got a sweet deal on M16's or M4's, RIFLE,5.56 MILLIMETER only $120.00 each. what a bargain. they bought 100 between them.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TM62
...would you pay 922,000 for a used helicopter?

Do you have any idea how much helicopters cost? Even for a civilian model that could be a good deal.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

originally posted by: TM62
...would you pay 922,000 for a used helicopter?

Do you have any idea how much helicopters cost? Even for a civilian model that could be a good deal.

I have no clue, and you are probably correct! That 1.9 mill could be an awesome deal.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
Why should it matter if a law enforcement has military surplus equipment. That equipment is better made and more durable than anything else that could be bought. KUDO's for recycling military surplus. IMO. However, I am a retired military person that has a somewhat skewed look as to what is good for law enforcement personal protection equipment.

Skewed something. This is not "recycling." It is a billion dollar scam, wherein the American taxpayers are now forced to pay for the Military Complexe's machines not once, but twice.
And the second time we buy them, to be used against ourselves?!

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

You could possibly (probably not today, or even until Monday) contact the county and find out what they're flying. Should be public record somewhere. That should help you independently deduce the value of the aircraft.

I'm also willing to bet that all the state police purchased go through Albany, since I would assume that is where the state police headquarters to be. Chances are the equipment is disseminated throughout the state from there.

And don't forget, a lot of the surplus buys are subsidized in the back end by the federal government. So chances are they wound up paying considerably less.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
LOL, I come from a large County with few people. However I did check out what we got! A File Cabinet and a few computers. I thought that was reasonable. It was posted in our area newspaper that the computers received were used to register local sex offenders....

THEN... I checked the neighboring County which is smaller and less populated than mine.. They got a ton of stuff Rifles, ammo, pistols, armor, and night vision devices...lol

I asked around and found that most Counties have Mutual Aid Agreements with each other and share the equipment, which I was unaware of. hmmm.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Holy #! Sorry about the expletive, but WOW all I can say is this is crazy and the monies spent on this type of weaponry for local gov'ts is ridiculous!

Okay, I don't see why nobody has asked this already...other than that site saying it's something official how do you know it is legit?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
They should trade that stuff in for some armored fire trucks. Then they can hose back the hot headed domestic terrorist protestors and put out their arson fires at the same time.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have mixed feelings about this.

If local police start using this against the public, then yeah, of course, TERRIBLE idea.
And, with the abusive personalities of some local police personnel, I can see this being abused.

But, if you consider the cuts in the military budget, maybe there is another side to this.
When people defend the rights of civilians to own guns, besides personal safety and protection from an oppressive government, many say that if this country were ever invaded by an outside force, they would have an uphill battle.

If local governments also were armed as described, there would be another defense against invasion from another country.
With our military weakened, it could be up to locals to defend us.
So, if there is an increase in arming local LE, maybe there is something else going on that we are not being told.
Such as an increasing threat of war from another country or terrorists.

So, if the goal is to make the locals another level of defense for the country from outside, first we would need to fix the local LE from the inside, so that this does not backfire on the citizens.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

When children have access to the toy box?
The toys are never left in the box.

I'm bent cause I don't get to play.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join