It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #24: Decades of Institutionalized Racism Set The Stage for Ferguson

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

A decent DA can indict a ham sandwich for murder. Had it been you that pulled the trigger you would have had your day in court. That's all I'm saying. Was he right or wrong firing on him? Not for me to say, but I feel it was a juries place.

I want to see body cameras on all officers! This would have proven Wilson's case and avoided the fallout surrounding his acquittal. All parties deserve to know the absolute truth that a recording would have revealed.

If a police officer does not want to wear a camera which could exonerate him then I must question why?
edit on 28-11-2014 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18707953]InTheFlesh1980[/pos While the usual suspects, talking heads proclaim the officer was found innocent. I have yet to read a single lawyer, who does not have legal criticism of the Grand Jury and prosecutor. Even, Nancy Grace of HLN has problems with it. Think you or anyone else is going to be called to testify before a Grand Jury considering if there is probably cause to indict you for a crime. The Grand Jury was a high handed way to bury the problem without a jury trial. Mind, only a jury trial can find you innocent. The prosecutor knew that before a jury, in an open court. The probability was very high the officer would have been found guilty of a crime. If nothing else, use of excess force.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus Nice plea for eugenics, implied by your entire entry.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
A last entry. In 1968, Martin Luther King give a speech. In it he said, that protest happen because society isn't listen. When peaceful protest fail to get the attention of the public. Often, the unheard will turn to violence as a last resort. I remember the years of Fire, L.A., Detroit, New York City, and Washington. Until Congress got the message, Jim Crow was strange fruit and needed burying. Keep up the inane and heedless excuses and the Fire will come again. As for those, thinking themselves above it, safe and protected. The Pitchforks Are Coming, for you unless you learn to think beyond the gated estate and private aircraft.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Brandyjack

Their is another question here however

I am glad you linked it

Has anyone considered it might be more then just protestors

I am just asking
I think the idea that people will turn to violence when their voices are not heard is true

It rings honest

Like the title of this thread says Institutionalised...

It bears a lot of considering on the socio-economic front

I have see n the results of this in Texas and the pain it is still causing

I have to ask is there any thing the cops could have been doing before hand to prevent this mess

Sempier mentioned something about this on the last ATS live

I am curious

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Donkey_Dean

It wasn't me who pulled the trigger. It was an officer of the law who was attacked in his own vehicle. Apples to Oranges.

There was not sufficient evidence to indict based on the circumstances.

When I look at my "dumb ish to do board" attack a cop is number 1.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brandyjack
a reply to: auroraaus Nice plea for eugenics, implied by your entire entry.

Are you serious???

Wasn't what I was trying to imply - but you do give a good highlight.

Assimilation is a horrid thing - culture and race should be celebrated, and allows for one to retain their identity. The Industrial Revolution, at least in UK, broke up culture and identity of many peoples from different areas and stuck it in one big melting pot, like white colonial Australia. The heritage of homelands almost forgotten.

That also happened to our Indigenous Australias, forced to assimilate and have lost much of their individual heritage and culture.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

Star!

Thank you for that reply.

Here we had a failed venture for a youth "drop in" centre. The problem with it was that it wasn't "cool" for the youth they were targeting to visit. I think that maybe some sort of outreach is needed, where the community brings themselves on the communicable level of the "troubled youth" and find out just what they really need.

The local paper some years ago asked these troubled youth what they were wanting - why they hang out outside of McD's or a local shopping centre, why they roamed in gangs.

The youth that were asked said that they were bored, there was no jobs, and they felt liked they belonged to people that understood them better.

There's a lack of the mentoring and modeling here - as you say. Yes we have the Y here and community centres, but they aren't being accessed by these kids. They don't have any of the "productive interests"" that these kids are in to such as graffiti. I use this one as just an example - quite a few of these kids want their voices to be heard, and to make a mark - some of those kids turn to vandalism and tagging and looks absolutely horrid. What if we had some mentors go out and help these kids improve their work, give them the skills to make some pretty impressive street art?

I need more coffee dude, so much I want to say!

Peace x

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brandyjack
A last entry. In 1968, Martin Luther King give a speech. In it he said, that protest happen because society isn't listen. When peaceful protest fail to get the attention of the public. Often, the unheard will turn to violence as a last resort. I remember the years of Fire, L.A., Detroit, New York City, and Washington. Until Congress got the message, Jim Crow was strange fruit and needed burying. Keep up the inane and heedless excuses and the Fire will come again. As for those, thinking themselves above it, safe and protected. The Pitchforks Are Coming, for you unless you learn to think beyond the gated estate and private aircraft.

Gated estate? Anyway, a good deal of strange fruit is found in this modern-day retelling and justification, threating.

Its really clear to see that the pressure behind Ferguson must wait for a white authority figure to kill a "gentle giant" before same pressure can flow. Why? Otherwise Lame? Depends on theater and worst case scenario to act. Why? Otherwise lame, violent, feeds on discontent that is ever hyped, nurtured and championed. Why? Lame.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
I can't help but wonder what will Congress do if anything about this? All legislation that gives police or authorities more powers is supported by the republican party, now Congress has a republican majority including the supreme court what will be done to address this civil unrest?

There are threads right here on ATS that advocates coming down hard on Ferguson, but IMO as long as Ferguson continues to stand up to the oppression other cities will follow.

After the 92 riots over Rodney King nothing was really done, the outburst seemed to play itself out, this has been going on for months, and now is on a national level. Before the 92 riots the last time there was so much civil unrest was leading upto the civil rights act that the republican majority supreme court gutted last year, so now what?

Rand Paul is the main republican speaking out about this and he is blaming this on the war on drugs (or it has contributed to this situation) If Congress acts in a sane way Obama will support there actions, but will they? Or is party politics too important to them??

If Congress doesn't act, then what?

I read that second to last sentence, then went back through the post and counted instances of your use of "republican" and compared them against instance of your use of "democrat".

Interesting correlation there.

The importance of party politics indeed!

And this:

There are threads right here on ATS that advocates coming down hard on Ferguson, but IMO as long as Ferguson continues to stand up to the oppression other cities will follow.

That's exactly why I left the cities a few months ago and never looked back. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see it coming, to witness the intensification of the partisan divisions, to see people taking up sides and forming ranks, to watch the rhetoric getting more and more intense, more and more divisive, and leading to... well, leading to what folks are begging for.

Good luck with your war, y'all. I'm sitting this one out.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Right on! Personally, I'm an African-American myself, and I literally am embarrasse at these results. Its not about racism or any of the bull crap anymore. Its about entertainment and subjugation of the people, not just black, but every color, and it's absolute ludicrous. This was blown out of proportion, could've been stopped way before, but it didn't and now that people are saying they disagree with it, they're getting fired at? Uh no. America needs to get their priorities straight instead of this bs.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
a reply to: howmuch4another

Have you ever heard the saying, it takes a village to raise a child?

Just as with individual parenting, the end result of a child raised by a village is only as good as the mentality of the village doing the raising.

I don't think the village of Ferguson did a very good job - maybe CPS ought to step in and take those children away from them...

... and make sure the kids don't have any matches.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Donkey_Dean

If a police officer does not want to wear a camera which could exonerate him then I must question why?

Hello?

Surveillance society?

It's not enough that you have to be on camera all over town - now you want people to wear them, too?

Would YOU want to wear a camera everywhere you go?

I mean, you've got nothing to hide, right?

Dashcams should be a federal safety requirement for every car on the road.

Sounds good, eh?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

We are not talking about joe q public here, we are talking about the people we pay to do a job.

If your job does something you don't like, guess what you can go find another one.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

We are not talking about joe q public here, we are talking about the people we pay to do a job.

If your job does something you don't like, guess what you can go find another one.

Then of course you won't mind federally-mandated dash cams in your cars.

That, too, is a "public safety issue".

I'll get right on seeing what I can do to make that happen, then.

After all, it's for the children - and what do I care? I don't drive, won't have to worry about a camera.

Careful at those red lights and stop signs and so forth. Don't worry - Ferguson rioters won't have to worry about them either - it looked to me like they were mostly rioting on foot. Might have to tone down on the block-and-stops, running folks over with their own cars and such, but there's always another building to burn, so I guess it won't inconvenience them all that much.

Also, consider that body cams for every citizen might help them out some in their run-ins with those nefarious stormtroopers. If he "loses" his copy of the cam action, there will always be a backup copy...

... because interactions go two ways. The "people you pay to do a job" aren't interacting with just themselves.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
**Edit**
Forget it, I don't want to participate in this thread.

edit on 1-12-2014 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

makes me so angry when i see all this bs 'collateral dmg' these assholes make and poor hard working people suffer at the end...but then the fat bastards get plumped up with insurance money while also being able to flick off the lil guy....is all business as usual for them, they dont care...they never will....thats why they lost...and they dont even know it. i felt his anger and i damn hope they all heard him because i did....and im not even from there....
namaste!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Agreed. however, this thread only shows the injustice and racism in America today and how it's no different than yesteryear. Although I think the post is spot on with that issue, a related issue that merits just as much attention is lost, or at least not mentioned in main stream media. As a result, I think neglecting the obvious does not serve the real issue(s) that confront "all" Americans today.

Media has done what it always does in making it a racial issue rather than a social issue. Haters thrive on such events and media leads the way to serve their agenda. The "real" issue, or so it should be, is the overwhelming discretion of police officers to use "Deathly Force" on unarmed people. Officers who are trained and given other remedies, such as radios, (to summon additional assistance) advanced training, tazors, pepper spray, and billy clubs can and often should be used rather than gun play.

Darrin Wilson showed himself to be a coward. A coward who "works under the colour of authority" who incidentally chose to forgo all other tactics and shot Brown down like a dog in broad daylight and became a "hero" to all haters. The blond hair blue eyed hero who shot an unarmed black man for truth, justice and the American way.

What happened in Ferguson is disgusting. A disgusting event that happens all too often on American streets by cowards wearing a badge. While haters salivate that a black man got what he deserved, one should realize this happens to all kinds of people from all walks of life. "AND" it happens all too often where MSM shies from reporting such.

One thing i noticed that many rarely question is the overwhelming support for Wilson's story of what happened in his cruiser. All haters claim his story is "fact" when they have no real idea if his recollections are from the burning bush. Only two really know and one is dead. However, working under the colour of authority is "convenient" for cowards and their city hired attorneys to avoid possible liabilities. Of course they are aided by State legislators and vague laws that grant cowards a free license to kill.

While haters argue, i also noticed Mr. Wilson's wrong answer to the man who video taped his presence from his home. However, Wilson's claim that it was illegal to do so is often the usual answer from cowards who work under the colour of authority. They seem to hate being taped yet it's about the only answer to monitoring police behavior. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it...a militarized riot control officer was video taped as he aimed his fully-automatic AR-15(?) at a reporter's head during the event in question. If I'm not mistaken...Didn't he say he was going to "blow the guy's head off?" I wonder if he lost his job. Probably not...for he works under the colour of authority.

Now, for all the haters, especially those who'd claim I hate Police officers, you'd be further from the truth. Policing is a honorable profession. It requires special talents to work and thrive dealing with the public. Many do so for all the right reasons and their talents should be recognized for the hard work they do.

My problem is with cowards. And those who enlist cowards. To all who legislate total control laws in the post 9-11 world. Those who believe their actions of diminishing a person's rights to live and threaten those who wish to live freely without being subjected to draconian laws and attitudes....you know....cowards...and to all who are offended by what i said...you are cowards too...and the police is hiring. a reply to: kosmicjack

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I just love how some people are on board with the fascist Orwellian Police State. Will you struggle when they ask you to wear a cam on you at all times so BIg Brother can check in on you and make sure you are safe and sound?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: theNLBS

Absolutely brilliant and spot on!

When people ignore ( deliberately or otherwise ) the bigger picture it does a grave injustice to all sides of the debate. The idea that we live in a "post racial America" is nothing more than doublespeak for those who simply do not wish to openly discuss the disparities of our society.

Good on you Joe.

Um, the disparities of our society have NOTHING to do with race!

There are about 2-3 times as many 'unequal' whites in this country as there are blacks.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join