It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #24: Decades of Institutionalized Racism Set The Stage for Ferguson

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well done on the video. ATS certainly needs some educative stuff. Its unfortunate that you won't be able to get through to a lot of people due to confirmation bias and fear of education, but that is life.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pitou
I can't really do further research about what situation this was and why

Seriously?

You need more history than most. Simply search on the Rodney King riots. (@@)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
can i go ahead and add this?

and this?

abolish?

slavery is still being practiced, imo.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Excellent. Thanks Joe and NLBS for another great little piece of TRUTH.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Summary-Hello i'm a Liberal, it was all the white man's fault, thank you for watching.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The clip at the end was very moving.

Could you clean up some of the filthy language? It's unprofessional and distracts from the points you are trying to make. Some may even argue that it sounds down right ignorant, I must have missed the NSFW tag somewhere...

It has only been 50 years since the civil rights act, so how many years do people get before they should start taking responsibility for their own actions? 75 years? 100 ?

My grandfather was in a concentration camp just a short 70 years ago, do I get a free pass to burn down a Volkswagon dealership?

No free passes for violence and destruction.

(post by projman6 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Ferguson exposes a harsh truth. That truth is that there will always be with us a segment of society that lives beyond the boundaries of the civilized. They are the uneducated who refuse opportunity because opportunity requires effort., They are the unmotivated , and burdensome failures of an otherwise productive society.

They commit crimes consume illicit substances and reproduce. They can be any race, any ethnic group. They are the failures. From time to time some raise above it but they are few. They blame yet accept no criticism of their culture or take any responsibility for their own behavior. They have a false pride with no basis in reality.

Violence is their language and the only answer there can be is to speak the same dialect. All we can do is control them and allow the motivated the opportunity for escape. They have existed throughout history and always will.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
and here I thought 18 years of crappy parenting, a thug breaking the laws and attacking a police officer and a media that sensationalized untruths set the stage....

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

Have you ever heard the saying, it takes a village to raise a child?

There's more to an individual's behaviour than just 18 years of "bad parenting" or falling into the "wrong crowd".

First as we all know, it starts in utero. Whatever environmental and biological stressors imposed on the developing child. Then you've got the interaction of the child with their environment when they enter the world, relationships and bonding with caregivers, having the ability to explore in a safe and predictable environment - we get that.

Bear in mind that there is a thing called inter-generational trauma which can affect the ability of caregivers to give what the child needs to be reasonably happy and healthy. If there has been a history of emotional trauma, even going back a couple of hundred years and hasn't been fully addressed, can change the family culture in a way in responses to their environment and socio-economic development.

Secondly - as a child is growing up, they usually have interactions within their community, from neighbours, to church - to shopkeepers, to emergency services, to teachers, to their peers etc. A child will eventually build up a schema of what is the normal and predictable behaviour of their community - and how to survive within.

Thus - even if a child may not have the right supportive environment at home, if there is a community there that feels safe, the child may thrive better and be able to develop the necessary behaviours to survive in the wider-world.

If the child only finds the safe, predictable environment of the criminal classes - well, there you go.

I hope that all made sense. 2 coffees an academic Auroraaus does not make.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I can see where this one came from

Their is a town next door to asmall town here in texas
this town is all black if not majority

(one whitewoman I have seen)

The town is still suffering economically from this

My question is has any anyone looked into the history of feguson

Also I will be finding a way to down load the NLBS for a man who does not have internet and cant afford it
I might get him a shirt if he likes it

But it will be interesting..

He is old fashion
hated mlk liked Malcolm X ( even read his biography )

The ferguson crap

Why burn down your house when your mad over what a panel decided

Burn down police station
I can see
City hall.. Hell whole town might show up with marshmellows and hotdogs

Killing your own businesses and economic livelyhood

PS the shirt was better.. lol

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

Have you ever heard the saying, it takes a village to raise a child?

I have. It's liberal babble. It doesn't take a village to raise a child. It takes good parents.

There's more to an individual's behaviour than just 18 years of "bad parenting" or falling into the "wrong crowd".

First as we all know, it starts in utero. Whatever environmental and biological stressors imposed on the developing child. Then you've got the interaction of the child with their environment when they enter the world, relationships and bonding with caregivers, having the ability to explore in a safe and predictable environment - we get that.

Bear in mind that there is a thing called inter-generational trauma which can affect the ability of caregivers to give what the child needs to be reasonably happy and healthy. If there has been a history of emotional trauma, even going back a couple of hundred years and hasn't been fully addressed, can change the family culture in a way in responses to their environment and socio-economic development.

You just described bad parents on top of bad parenting. I wonder how the kids that don't rob stores and attack cops made it?

Secondly - as a child is growing up, they usually have interactions within their community, from neighbours, to church - to shopkeepers, to emergency services, to teachers, to their peers etc. A child will eventually build up a schema of what is the normal and predictable behaviour of their community - and how to survive within.

Yeah it takes guidance. Usually by adults with values that teach responsibility instead of entitlement, hate and blame.

Thus - even if a child may not have the right supportive environment at home,

You mean bad parents....

if there is a community there that feels safe, the child may thrive better and be able to develop the necessary behaviours to survive in the wider-world.

If the child only finds the safe, predictable environment of the criminal classes - well, there you go.

Now we're back to that relying on a community to raise a child. I just don't agree with that approach.It's a victim mentality that perpetuates the problem by shifting the responsibility. Good values beat a bad community almost every time.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

*sigh*

But do you at least agree that there is more that communities can do to foster resilience and 'good' values?

All I am hearing here is an "us" vs "them"

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another
I have. It's liberal babble. It doesn't take a village to raise a child. It takes good parents.

You know, not every issue is divisible by ideology. And, not every idea born of the ideology you hate is a bad idea.

The context of the, "It takes a village," was referencing the broader culture and societal pressures and influences on children. Condensing Hillary's statement (first said by the highly respected Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan) down to a minimalist soundbite for easy dismissive denigration only demonstrates knee-jerk demagoguery.

You just described bad parents on top of bad parenting. I wonder how the kids that don't rob stores and attack cops made it?

Shrugging off this issue as "bad parenting" is the worst kind intellectual laziness.

Is it bad parenting for a culture that disparages smart kids, and embraces being stupid, to be rampant in suburban schools?

Is it bad parenting for a culture that has evolved to eschew personal contact in favor of a 140 character communications?

Is it bad parenting for a culture that embraces binge drinking in college over actual study?

Now… none of the above has resulted in riots and looting -- oh, wait, yes it has… right here in Arizona… three times in the past five years… rich white ASU students rioted and looted stores after sports team wins. Lots of damage. Some cars on fire and tipped over.

Since these were (mostly) rich white kids at a decent university, by your standards, did they have good parents? Perhaps a good portion. But it was the cultural influence that pushed these kids to riot and loot in celebration for a sports team win.

So why dismiss the poor inner-city cultural influence when poor black kids vent their frustrations in the form of destructive riots?

I'm not condoning or excusing the rioting and looting, we made that clear in the video. But we took the time to do research and learn a few new things.

Now we're back to that relying on a community to raise a child. I just don't agree with that approach.It's a victim mentality that perpetuates the problem by shifting the responsibility. Good values beat a bad community almost every time.

You don't agree because you don't understand the full context of the statement that came out of bi-partisan studies (Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Clinton) on the problems of poverty and what it takes to overcome it.

edit on 28-11-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
jdsf

Warning video plays

SAN DIEGO - As dozens of students blocked northbound I-5 at Nobel Drive as part of a protest Wednesday morning, thousands of irate commuters were left stranded and unable to get to work. At least one of those drivers was angry enough to push a protester and steal his bullhorn.

Tyree Landrum told 10News he was on his way to work at an area Ross store when he was caught in the standstill. He got out of his car, and in front of 10News cameras, he reached out and pushed one male protester towards the center-divide. The protester was chanting "no justice, no peace" into a bullhorn until Landrum wrestled it away from him to shout his own message.

"Hey, I feel you; we ain't got no justice either," Landrum announced.

RELATED: CHP explains why protesters were not arrested

Landrum told a 10News photographer, "I got to go to Ross right now, homie. If I don't get there, I'm going to get fired. I've got six f****** kids to feed, homie … m*****f****** get shot every f****** day. Deal with it the right way, not like this."

Many other drivers felt similarly incensed. In the crowd of drivers standing outside of their parked cars were health care workers trying to get to area hospitals. One woman in nursing scrubs screamed, "Arrest them!" at the protesters.

"We have doctors and nurses that have to save lives here," the woman told 10News.

It took a wave of California Highway Patrol and San Diego police officers about a half hour to arrive on scene, and drivers rejoiced when officers drove down the ramp.

One man grinned as he shouted at the protesters, "You're spending the night in jail! That's right, you're spending the night in jail tonight!"

This sums up what a lot of people think

IMHO

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Why would you assume a young European knows that much about (recent-ish) American history?
Schools teach hardly anything on that subject (past school though...) and when you do want to know something about such a subject you'll need to search for the info yourself.

But thanks

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

I like all your videos and especially this one, even though you did give an incredibly brief history lesson, it was still amazing. Great footage at the end.

originally posted by: transola
a reply to: TrueBrit

You obviously fell asleep during history class. Stating facts as unpopular as they are isn't a crime. Africans sold other africans to people all over the world. FACT.

If you want to talk about history and your only education on history is from High School or your local community college... which I can see is the case, then you're very uneducated on the topic.

Go to any University and find a history professor. They will laugh in your face if you claim you know even a tiny bit about American and world history.
edit on 11/28/142014 by anicetus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Do you actually think ASU is mostly rich white kids? As a USC alumni I definitely think they're idiots and bad at football, but not mostly rich.

On the topic of the OP, it would have been nice to tone down the language. It detracts from the message and makes the presenter (Joe) seem uneducated and reading a script while inserting profanity even though he is correct.

It's a catch 22 in my mind. Black community has issues due to racism of the past. Whites further alienate black community due to issues. Issues further etc etc so forth and so on ad infinitum. Both sides need to stop and figure this stuff out. People like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton aren't helping.
edit on 28-11-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I think there may be a hole in your understanding of societal influence on a child during their maturation into the adults of tomorrow.

If I may, I would like to posit some examples of how your "good parents = good kid" ideal fails when applied to real life. A child is born to two decent people. Those decent people, for whatever reason, have to live in a certain location, and that location is rife with problems, and contains families where parenting is not adequate, and where other kids are not provided for, looked after, or educated well in the meaning of justice, fairness, freedom and right and wrong. Moving is not an option, because being able to move towns or cities is a luxury that people affected by serious societal problems, cannot afford.

No matter how hard those first parents I mentioned work, when their child gets to school, they will learn that all the good things they have been taught, only work when everyone pulls together and applies them to life. When the majority of kids at his school are barbarian in aspect, have no respect for authority, have no respect for learning, have no respect for anything, that child will have two options when they realise the enormity of the situation they face.

They can retain a decent, hardworking, caring mindset, and be victimised for it, seen and treated as weak because of it. This will mean that they will not be able to take advantage of the early education in how to exist in social groups, because as far as the social groups they are exposed to are concerned, this individual is an outsider, or worse, simply prey, to be ridiculed, harassed, beaten, and later perhaps robbed and stabbed.

Or they can abandon the respect they have been taught, in favour of being able to exist alongside their peers, without being seen as an outsider, learning all the bad habits, accepting all the negativity around them, and learning to be comfortable with it, which causes/propagates forward the exact sociological problems which are the center of your point.

There is also a third way, and it is dangerous, and looking back I am unsure as to whether to recommend it to anyone. That third way is to retain ones respect for others, and for all the laudable ideals one would wish to see in a child, while also maintaining a determination to totally crush anyone who dares to oppress them, or oppress anyone else.

To survive that situation, one must accept that one will be outnumbered, that one will be required to spend ones entire childhood looking over ones shoulder, that one will have to learn how to disarm assailants, how to stop attackers fast and hard, and how to deal with the consequences, both physical, and psychological, of ones own actions toward others, and others actions toward oneself.

With good parents, even just ONE good parent, a child can receive all the love in the world, feel safe at home, feel loved at home, love his family in return. But without a certainty that everyone, everywhere in ones locality, is also loving their children, and teaching their children to love others in turn, that means absolutely nothing when the child of good parents is exposed to the offspring of those who have not been as attentive for whatever reason.

And it has to be said that bad parenting is not always the result of bad people having kids. Some parents feel genuine love for their kids, but simply have no idea what they are like outside the home. Others know what their child is like out on the street or in class, but feel that reprimand and censure would not be loving things to do, for whatever reason. These problems exist, and always will. There will never be an end to that cycle, no matter how much, or how little government interferes to correct the issue.

It has ever been thus, and will ever be thus, until the end of the species.

So actually, it IS vital for the entire society to be united in their intentions for the young people of a town. It is vital that the government in a region or nation which desires generations of kids to grow up decent and respectful, to express respect and decency toward the towns, cities, states and the educational establishments within them, so that those kids are supported at every level, by their parents, by one another, by their teachers, by the governance of the schools they attend, the school boards which run them, and on a wider level the entire government under whose aegis they live. It is vital, if kids are to be bought up loving one another, respecting their elders, and respecting authority in general, for authority to show respect and love toward every generation, by showing that it will not abandon them or scapegoat them.

It is not realistic to hold the view that good parents raise good children. It totally ignores the pressures of being exposed to a peer group who have not been bought up the same way, leave alone any other external pressures being exerted on the child by society.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
freedom female
Hello, I want to clarify some points of which it seems appropriate to emphasize, in fact as old as controversial, so I'll go highlighting some points, I do not want to be unfair to some but it is my opinion and welcome to public scrutiny, remarcare some issues that are perhaps not accurate to post content.
1) On Liberty: it is well known that all have free albeldrio to do they want, what I preach is, and what the hell is freedom? good good, apparently a series of random events,
haha, religion or love, I have an interesting critique and if the subject: if freedom represents a woman, everyone will say yes but long around see all kinds of strange things, technological and call it progress, 90% are single men, I see in that figure no freedom at all,
this symbol does not represent freedom in the slightest, in fact seems to do a Nazi salute !, good maybe by that time, the period in which it was created and performed made sense, since it is a patrialcal symbol undoubtedly only the power of a man over the kings of england, is like the messiah, (jesus) has been over time and is out of fashion, think of this: nobody sees freedom in women as it was never freedom .. from the Gnostic visions assumed that women or matter is satan, I think that's the cosmic tyrant and a lot of that in usa, there hundred of secret societies which only one understands or aim domination, will say that there are aliens and others but are a group of people for a purpose, in fact it is the polarization by excelensia, nothing is the word for all of us, are a clan and should be eradicated, insurance members kkk of this website will defend with hatred acerrimo female violence but they are nothing more than a pest with horns and smoke, if you look well and drink of psychology understand from this premise, the woman is the very same evil, we see feminists, activists, etc etc, in fact history can be seen as a series of women only choose the most servile, gallant and idiots of all called princes, if science is correct then think what will make natural selection: if we have women who have no other idea to be helpful, intolerant, well believe in a state of monarchy is not expected unless the evil is something intrinsic, returning we see the statue of Liberty and as they say there is only an idealized fantasy is like putting a bsdm national icon and then will bring to the global arrogance, as if around you wait hundreds of men BSDM, they even hide it (and if it was not frowned upon by royalty) would buy their bsdm kit and would have a whip at the waist, we see people living a life model with children, work and other but are just like babies or puppies in necesdidad gasteando a whip, all these men love the submission! for see the example of Islam, all want to whip around and will make every effort to be eradicated without more different, so we have the Statue of Liberty as the largest bsdm symbol of the whole universe, good is not the freedom or represents me now, all those who defend females say one thing: are dogs, in need of a whip, crave his death under the command of evil and darkness, I figure it well: we see sometimes serious news of protests institutions or oppression against women, but they do naked, tell me if this is not the maximum bsdm? show your body? who benefits? in fact if put to a serious bsdm man the ideal of feminine freedom (them; hide their freedom wish to be free themselves from that man bsdm represents them???), in fact nothing more than a model and all speak patrialcal model of patrialcal but tell me .. there some other model?
sexual freedom does more than one product to worldwide, has spread and is not only the woman is all that is, do not understand your idea ..
u obvious that there are aliens who do nothing but wish to stop being women.
Lancelot, and other romances.
-
talking a little philosophy: sophia, meaning gods or reason now when you find these specimens (woman) see if you manage to find a reason for the gods.
gnosis: the neo-Platonism no subdivisions of emanation, in fact it is impossible both sexes, god or whatever could not have two sexes, and that applies to everyone ..and if man is the only matrix and necessary not expect there outside or in hell who knows alla women: just old perverts as a woman, there is no feminine!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join