It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyones most hated bands/artists and songs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

4.any and all boybands

Some of the best and most fun music was made by "boy bands" (The Temptations, Jackson 5, early Boyz II Men). Even some typical boy band songs are fun and display a much greater grasp on melody and vocals than say...a Finnish death metal band that sounds like they're being castrated.

5.anyband with no instruments

Again, Motown bands rarely played their own instruments. There was a lot of good music made with vocalists and a studio band. Playing your own instruments does not make a band worth noting, nor does not playing instruments make a band bad.

10.COUNTRY MUSIC EVERYWHERE SHOULD DIE!!!

Gee, generalizations - fun for everybody. I mean, I agree about the country music of the "we'll stick a boot in your ass" variety, but it's a HUGE genre that encompasses some amazing artists (Johnny Cash, Emmylou Harris, etc). This statement is as silly as "Rap isn't music."

Also, about the whole thread, yeah, there's a LOT of bad music, but a lot of that bad music is also fun. Lighten up, they're just songs. They won't kill you.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Bands/Artists

Jessica Simpson
Ashlee Simpson
Anasitiasa
The Beatles
Britney Spears
Dire Straights

all rap music

songs

Any thing by the above!

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
N-Sync
Backstreet Boys
Hanson
New Kids on the Block
Michael Jackson

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Anything advertised on ASDA/Sainsbury/Tesco adverts i.e Katie Mellua, James Blunt, all those Middle of the Road Cheese Vendors, I can't stomach it.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I HATE james blunt...he doesn't even deserve caps...

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by speight89
Bands/Artists

Jessica Simpson
Ashlee Simpson
Anasitiasa
The Beatles
Britney Spears
Dire Straights

all rap music

songs

Any thing by the above!

The beatles? Fine.

The rest:
Ashlee Simpson??? she's ms lip-sync-alot!!!! Shortys right about james blunt, although I am beatutiful...

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Alright, I know this is a long time ago, but jedi guy on the first thread thing...

Don't you EVER dis Nirvana!!!

I'm sorry, if you don't like Nirvana I really don't care, I just think thy're pretty good and felt I had to defend them. Cheers.

[edit on 8/14/05 by psychochick]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
But Nirvana are a bit poor to be honest, Kurt wasn't a good songwriter, or a good guitarist...he just happened to kill himself at the right time.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by shorty]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
But it wasn't about that... they defined a generation... they were dark and hard and screamed a lot. That was pretty much how alot of people felt at that time. But like I said, thats just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychochick
But it wasn't about that... they defined a generation... they were dark and hard and screamed a lot. That was pretty much how alot of people felt at that time. But like I said, thats just my opinion.

I never understand that.

How can bands with almost zero musical quality be so popular?

Would they still have defined a generation if Cobain hadn't died? That was the best selling technique ever devised...

[edit on 15-8-2005 by shorty]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
uhh lemmesee

good charlotte
led zepplin
simple plan
ac/dc
sum 41
white stripes
black eyed peas
the ramones
the clash

anyhing thats pop punkish

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Any and ALL (C)rap artists INCLUDING Enema,sorry er Eminem

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Linkin 'talaentless insult to the ears' Park
My Chemical Romance
U2
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
50 Cent
Good Charlotte
The Corrs

Grr. Makes me angry just writing this list.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Good Charlotte
U2
50 Cent
Nelly
Sisco
well... basicly all rap music.
The Human Leauge
Spice Girls

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
50 cent
The beatles
Maroon 5
Black eyed peas
anything on mtv

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
You think U2 are bad?!? Where the hell am I?

The Corrs rock!!!

D

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Mettalica: What a bunch of panty waists about MP3's

That I believe was a case of "Our music sucks so let's blame filesharing.

Originally posted by Atomix
You think U2 are bad?!? Where the hell am I?

The Corrs rock!!!

U2 kick arse. I don't really like the Corrs, but Andrea Corr is fine and she did a nice duet with Bono.

Music that I do hate:

Simple Plan and any of the whiny 20-30 year olds that sing about how "it sucks to be white and middle class and my dad yells at me"- Should be listed as a cruel and unusual punishment under the UN Convention Against Torture

Gwen Stefani- Should be banned by the Geneva Convention

Backstreet Boys- Crap pop with the same beat. Requires castration. All of them

Jesse McCartney- Bit of a try-hard who relies on synthesised vocals with his mother. If I was the President of the US I would push for legislation banning his music and make the legislation retrospective to the day he was born so that he would never be able to legally sing.

Most rap nowadays- Tupac, Jam Master Jay, Notorious BIG would be turning in their graves to see rap where it is today.

That's all for now.

[edit on 12/9/05 by D]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
good #let (charllotte)
blink 182
simple plan
sum 41
yellowcard
takeing back sunday
kisschasy
avril lawhatshername
jessica simpson
ashlee simpson
brittney spears
teen idols in general
boy bands
anyone who was ever in a boy band
the idol kids
chilli peppers
DEF LEPPARD
nitro
basicly anything that made the charts
nickleback
creed
korn
christian rock
polka
anything on heavy commercial rotation

music hasnt been good since 1996 its a scientificly proven fact

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
I HATE james blunt...he doesn't even deserve caps...

I can't even begin to tell you how much I agree with that. I was watching VH1 one day and I kid you not, they played his crappy video 3 times in only one hour! It drove me nuts!

besides that...

All pop punk and emo bands...it seems like they are all competing with eachother over who can get the lead singer with the whinest voice.

Eminem- he just annoys me.

Nelly- I seriously think this man is writing long rap advertisement jingles for various products like "Airforce Ones" and "Grills"

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Nirvana are bad? Get a reality check dear chellovecks. They made and will continue to make Geffen lots of money. That's what is important.

You can mention all sorts of crap that he can't play guitar or write songs, but y'all forget. Neither could the Sex Pistols yet they were way popular. Why? Well it's obvious isn't it? They obviously had some sort of degree of talent to make one awesome album. I assure you all. Never mind the Ballicks and Nevermind are essential albums and made a lasting impact on music in general. Probebly a bigger impact then all this Finnish heavy metal I listened to. I listened to Dimmu Borger and felt nothing. Bar a migraine and a collopsed lung perhaps but that's about it.

Anyway, best put back on your Nickelback cds to drown out this wee rant.
Worst bands ever. For me, right now.
1. Hard Fi. "The next major British band" according to Q (since Big Audio Dynamite at least)
2. U2. Their new stuff is below par if your honest.
3. Simple Plan. "I'm addict...I'm addicted to you" OMG THAT'S SO RUDE. :/ yet so juveinile.
4. FAFF, MCR, or any abbriviated name for a band. Almost a sign of being an emo band, once they abbriviate their names.
5. Kaiser Chiefs. The biggest joke band ever to grace the covers of NME. Well, at least since Babyshambles.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join