It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darren Wilson Breaks His Silence: I'm Sorry, And I Would Shoot Michael Brown Again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Source

ABC News' George Stephanopoulos is the first to interview officer Darren Wilson since he shot and killed unarmed Michael Brown in August. Portions of the interview will air tonight on ABC News at 6:30 PM EST. In the video above, Stephanopoulos shares that Wilson says he is sorry for the loss of life, but he was doing what he was trained to do, has a clean conscience, and would do it again.

Hmm. Well... i ummm. Ok, i give him credit for sticking to his guns but.... Ugh. I just dont get it.

Someone sway my opinion please.

Apparently its going to air tonight.

CNN

(CNN) -- Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson told ABC's George Stephanopoulos that he was sorry for the loss of life when he shot unarmed teen Michael Brown last August but that his conscience is clear because he was simply doing his job.

edit on 11/25/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Source

ABC News' George Stephanopoulos is the first to interview officer Darren Wilson since he shot and killed unarmed Michael Brown in August. Portions of the interview will air tonight on ABC News at 6:30 PM EST. In the video above, Stephanopoulos shares that Wilson says he is sorry for the loss of life, but he was doing what he was trained to do, has a clean conscience, and would do it again.

Hmm. Well... i ummm. Ok, i give him credit for sticking to his guns but.... Ugh. I just dont get it.

His statements are likely taken out of context. Before passing judgement, I'll wait to see the entire interview.

You're crazy if you don't think Stephanopoulos baited the unpopular response by specifically asking "If you had it to do over again, would you have shot Michael Brown?"

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Ya im really not sure yet until i hear it. The guy could be a total moron.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

He has to say that. Otherwise, he'd be admitting to making a mistake and murdering an innocent citizen. Who cares what he thinks or says? He's a racist murderer, IMO.

+37 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Answer

Ya im really not sure yet until i hear it. The guy could be a total moron.

Or he's a normal guy with a job to do who was put into a bad situation and reacted the way he was trained to react.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The person shot was a moron.

Mike had just robbed a store then decided to fight with police.

In my book he is a moron.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: notquiteinsane

For sure but the issue behind this isnt about Mike Brown the guys is just a catalyst for larger, deeper issues.]

Less then lethal force was also part of his training.

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Why racist?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The entire "doing my job" just slays me.

So were the Nazi guards.

My Lai incident too.

Odd how folks claim there is no race problem in America. Not if you are white.

Derek

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Why racist?

Duhhhhh man... he is white.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

For sure but the issue behind this isnt about Mike Brown the guys is just a catalyst for larger, deeper issues.]

Less then lethal force was also part of his training.

It is an issue but to approach such an issue with anger is close to being ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm concerned about the timing of this more than anything else. A little early maybe. Fresh wounds etc etc...

link   
You know for sure the reporter was just trying to get what they could and probably ran with it, with a great headline to raise tensions some more.

If he'd said "It's been bad for everyone, things might never be the same but I hope I can get back to work and get on with it"

The headline would be likely "Officer Darren Wilson can't wait to get back to work" or something.

Let's wait for the full thing.
edit on 25/11/2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

link   

Besides anger show me the path to resolution for people without financial resources?

link   

Besides anger show me the path to resolution for people without financial resources?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlastedCaddy
I'm concerned about the timing of this more than anything else. A little early maybe. Fresh wounds etc etc...

Oh the MSM eating this up. They love it.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I don't have the answer but anger doesn't help.

+40 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Who cares what he thinks or says? He's a racist murderer, IMO.

Yes, because shooting a man in broad daylight while surrounded by witnesses is exactly what a "racist murderer" does after 5 years as a police officer with a perfectly clean record.

Give me a break.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Surely they can attend class and get educated?

As many of us from poor families did?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think it's time to move on. This endless beating of breasts and moaning about it is childish. Adults get on with life. Children dwell.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join