It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIPS !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Why do people pay them !
I never have and never will !
No tips off me you bastards !
Totally pisses me off!

Why do People do it !
It should be banned !

Please donate here !
Arrrgghh !
Ads rammed down my voice box !
Doing # for the in laws !
Arrrgghh !
Bastards !

edit on 24-11-2014 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So they don't spit the meal they bring to you?

Is that type of tip right?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

If you cant follow suit and do like everyone else then dont eat out. Go to McDonalds or make crap at home.

Do you like not washing dishes and being treated nicely when you go out? Then tip. If not dont go out.

Going out is not a right. If you cant afford it or cant do like everyone else then dont waste our time.

You do realize that you are trying to get free service then, since the bill covers the cost of merchandise to the business and NOT service.

Tips are part of the salary of the server.

If not we would just charge you more for the food and give our servers more of that money.

I say this as a professional of the hospitality industry. Who the hell do you think you are walking into a SERVICE business and not paying for service?

I would kick you out of the business since you are also probably the sort of person to bad mouth perfectly good food and service no matter what.

edit on 11 24 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Going out is not a right.

as much as going out is not a right, getting a tip is not an automatic.

and another thing since you have a strong opinion about tips....

how come if my meal costs more i am expected to tip more?

the waitress does the same amount of work whether i order filet mignon or a grilled cheese...

i never understood that one.....

can you explain that please?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

If I do go out to eat and get "exceptional" service, not only do I tip 20% but I also ask to speak with the manager to inform them how impressed I was!

If I do not have the money to tip, I go to a restaurant that doesn't have servers.

Funny how in todays society we all love to bitch about bad behavior and service, but yet we have issues with rewarding it!

and.............we wonder why it is so hard to find good service......

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I am not a rich person in money...but when I go out to eat in a restaurant...I always tip and plan for that expense ahead of time. I have several friends who were servers at one time or another; and they helped me to understand. Anyway....I am in agreement with you.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Funny how in todays society we all love to bitch about bad behavior and service, but yet we have issues with rewarding it!

i have zero issue with tipping for good service.

my issue is that these days tips are expected no matter what...

a tip is supposed to be an incentive....

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I pay for the service in the cost of my meal !
It's just begging !

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Then dont go out. Its factored as part of the salary. If you dont tip in the US you are stealing service.

I have worked in both Europe where tipping is not really important and the US where it is factored as part of the salary. So much so that we pay TAXES on our tips since it is our principal income.

The ability to reward good service in the US makes for better service. The servers I worked with in EU were awful and didnt care since they got their monthly check no matter what.

The bills were also MUCH higher in Europe no matter the slop we served. You want that?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

No you pay the business for hosting the place where you eat and the cost of merchandise.

The service is paid for in the tip.

How much do you think a waiter makes a shift?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

If you can't pay your servers a decent wage and still maintain under a 30% food cost, then perhaps you shouldn't be in business.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

a reply to: Grovit

Then dont go out. Its factored as part of the salary. If you dont tip in the UD you are stealing service.

who are you to tell me not to go out?

a pesron who tips zero has just as much right to go out as a person who tips 50%

can you answer my question now please?

why am i expected to tip more if my meal cost more?
same amount of service......

i dont get it.....

i it is about 'paying' for a service then the cost of my meal should not raise the price of the service

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I personally think restaurants should have to pay minimum wage, just like any other business. I also think service personnel should still get to keep whatever tips they rake in on top of that, but customers should no longer be expected to pay tips, if that were the standard...

Nevertheless, that's not how things are. Restaurants get a free pass by law. I used to be a waiter. It isn't a gravy job. Good waiters and waitresses are worth every penny you tip them. Can't afford it. Don't go out to eat, is all I can say. I respect these people. They put up with a lot of crap.

link   
Dude, that's just crude. I even tip the delivery folks 20%. If the server or delivery person was sub-par but not awful, I still tip 15%. To the best of my recollection, I've never skipped out on a tip, and never had a server/delivery person awful enough to not want to give one.

Plan your budget accordingly for a meal out. If you're planning on a $100 dinner, plan to have $20 extra to tip with. It's simple common courtesy in the service industry.

Edit: And I say that as someone formerly of the hospitality industry. As such, TIP YOUR HOUSEKEEPERS. Maids/housekeepers don't make bank to begin with, and if you're a slob, it slows us down and we don't make more bank polishing your room back up.
edit on 11/24/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

link   
And it goes towards a salary ?
Well that's just no on !
Why does it go towards a salary ?
Am I the only one who thinks there something wrong with this ?

link   
a reply to: Bone75

No-

we would just pass the cost of a livable wage onto the customer like in Europe.

You would pay ALLOT more for worse service.

Do you even know what you are talking about or are you just talking from a customers perspective?

I owned my own business in Europe and in the US as well. If we didnt tip people in the US you would pay MUCH MUCH MORE....because food is highly perishable, insurance is costly and running a business isnt cheap...especially in the hospitality industry where over 60% fail the first year because they were customers who thought it was all so easy and opened a business only to fail.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: seeker1963

i have zero issue with tipping for good service.

my issue is that these days tips are expected no matter what...

a tip is supposed to be an incentive....

True. If I get lack luster, non attentive service, my tip reflects that. Hell, I once went to a Mexican restaurant and ordered a steak, it was one of the best and perfectly cooked steak I have EVER had. I asked it I could tip the cook/chef and the waitress took me right back in the kitchen and I gave him $5 dollars....

Let me tell ya something else, I don't even make half the medium income of people in my state! A good experience in my eyes is worth giving that exceptional individual a pat on the back.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

How much do you think a waiter makes a shift?

how is that my fault or my problem?

take it up with the owner that only pays them $2 an hour....

i dont have a problem with tipping.

i have a problem with tips being expected.
i have a problem with expecting to tip more if my meal cost more...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

a reply to: Bone75

No-

we would just pass the cost of a livable wage onto the customer like in Europe.

You would pay ALLOT more for worse service.

I do live in England !
And there still a goldfishbowl waiting for tips!
Arghh !

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

a tip is supposed to be an incentive...
cracks me up when i see people with their little tip calculators figuring out the exact percentage no mater if the service sucked....

do well, get tipped is how i look at it...

still waiting for an answer as to why tips are expected to be based off cost of meal...

if it really were about service the tip would be the same for grilled cheese or lobster

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join