It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIPS !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Then dont go out mate.

Or dont tip...BUT when you would like that extra bit of service and consideration then dont ask for it. You dont deserve it and should be treated like a generic customer with no requests and special considerations. You dont deserve it like they dont deserve a tip.

link   

originally posted by: tadaman
..because food is highly perishable, insurance is costly and running a business isnt cheap...especially in the hospitality industry where over 60% fail the first year because they were customers who thought it was all so easy and opened a business only to fail.

exactly none of that is the customers problem....

still waiting for an answer
edit on 24-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

link   
$2.13 an hour without tips and you want to cry about tipping them? I really do hope someone #s in your shepards pie.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Well how is it my problem that you would like me to keep a cake in my fridge for your grandmothers birthday, or for a song to play, or to make a special dish you invented that is not on the menu....or that you dont like the table next to the bathroom....

You seem like a manner less oath not being able to understand things properly.

You shouldnt go out. You would embarrass yourself. Stick to beers in the back yard. Would you go into a nice restaurant in regular street cloths too? Why not? Because its not what you do thats why.

edit on 11 24 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Tipping is the last hope for our way of life. It's a direct and instant indication of how well you do your job. If you suck as a waiter/waitress, then you will not get very good tips and will eventually, find other employment. However, if you are a good server, you will make very good money and enjoy a good life.

If you don't understand the process, perhaps you should stick to fast food.

Edit to add:

I just had a fantastic idea. Next time you go out to a nice restaurant, inform your waiter/waitress, that you do not intend to tip. before you order. That should help you understand the process a bit better.
edit on 24-11-2014 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
still waiting for an answer as to why tips are expected to be based off cost of meal...

Simple !
Because that's what should happen !
Why pay twice !
So basically u should expect # service if your not going to tip !
Wrong !

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

for what?

I told you why tipping is part of our salary?

What dont you understand?

Would you walk out of super market with a steak you didnt pay for? You are arguing stealing service.

Some waiters make under 20 dollars a shift in some states.

It would be a "customer" problem when they make their 100 bucks a shift for 12+ hours when you pay 20-30 dollars more a meal for that to happen.

Be thankful you can choose who to reward for good service.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Well how is it my problem that you would like me to keep a cake in my fridge for your grandmothers birthday,
huh? i dont expect that at all. sure, some people do...if that is something the restaurant you work at offers, then deal

You seem like a manner less oath not being able to understand things properly.

You shouldnt go out. You would embarrass yourself. Stick to beers in the back yard. Would you go into a nice restaurant in regular street cloths too? Why not? Because its not what you do thats why.

youre the one resulting to insults and i am the 'manner less oath'

i have as much right to go to a restaurant as anyone else....
i dont drink beer
i will go into whatever restaurant i wish dressed however i want

do you have this attitude at work too?

btw, still waiting for an answer

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoverBoy
$2.13 an hour without tips and you want to cry about tipping them? I really do hope someone #s in your shepards pie.

Probably taste better !

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Then dont go out.

OR tell your favorite restaurant to factor in the servers pay into the cost. You will be surprised how much more that would cost.

This is all like arguing about medical procedures without even being so much as a nurse.

Being a customer is NOT a qualification to tell people how to run an industry you know NOTHING ABOUT.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You are the one saying that people who make UNDER minimum wage if not for tips should do so like a freaking slave driver. Excuse me for not seeing it your way when you have no consideration to the single mothers and students trying to make it in life. Families would starve if people didnt tip.

If you became a regular customer in my place and never tipped I would embarrass you by asking for my servers tip or to not come back.

I would give you directions to a fast food place where perhaps you would be more comfortable.

It is insulting to working class people to say they dont deserve PAY.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

for what?
why am i expected to tip more if my meal cost more

I told you why tipping is part of our salary?
you sure did...thats not my problem though

What dont you understand?
i dont understand why tips are expected to be automatic....a tip is an incentive for good service

Would you walk out of super market with a steak you didnt pay for? You are arguing stealing service.
way wrong on this one. this would be stealing a product. stealing merchandise. i dont HAVE to tip. it is NOT against the law not to tip...i am stealing nothing...if i take off without paying my bill, THAT is stealing

Some waiters make under 20 dollars a shift in some states.
bummer. looks like being a waiter sucks

Be thankful you can choose who to reward for good service.

i really dont understand your arguments...
you also have a serious attitude what with the insults and all...

you think i am someone that does not tip....you are wrong on that.
i am a person that does not tip automatically.....i am also a person that does not give more of a tip if my bill is more...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I just had a fantastic idea. Next time you go out to a nice restaurant, inform your waiter/waitress, that you do not intend to tip. before you order. That should help you understand the process a bit better.

I wanna be there with a camera for that one. Lol.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Being a customer is NOT a qualification to tell people how to run an industry you know NOTHING ABOUT.

and being in the industry does not give you the right to tell people not to go out....
understand?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Then dont go out.

OR tell your favorite restaurant to factor in the servers pay into the cost. You will be surprised how much more that would cost.

This is all like arguing about medical procedures without even being so much as a nurse.

They guy who's paying the bill doesn't have to have a qualification !
I'd rather pay 50 dollar off the bat instead of 35 plus tips !

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
In the Uk waiting staff get the same minimum wage as anywhere else, therefore tipping is entirely up to the individual.

In other countries including the US waiting staff are lowly paid and tipping is kind of obligiatory to make up the waiting staffs wages and promote good service.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Food fight food fight !
And I ain't tipping !
Any good restaurants to go to when I cross the pond ?
They sound errmm great !

link   

You are the one saying that people who make UNDER minimum wage if not for tips should do so like a freaking slave driver.

It is insulting to working class people to say they dont deserve PAY.

i never said people should work for under minimum wage...sure, people do but that is not my problem...
seems like if they only make $20 in a shift they could do better somewhere else...not my problem where they decide to work.

i also never said working people dont deserve pay...of course they deserve pay...

why not take these issues up with the owner of these playes that pay the wait staff crap? jump down their throat and call them names.....

i tip when the service warrants it....
if not, i dont....thats the way it is

still no answer to my question...i guess you dont have one...

link   

So you do tip....yet you are arguing against it here. You can choose to not tip 20% but to not tip at all is ridiculous. Talk to a manager or dont be a patron to the business if things were bad. Stealing service is not OK. The busboy and bartender didnt do anything wrong to you even if the waiter sucked.

i really dont understand your arguments...
you also have a serious attitude what with the insults and all...

You then are not trying to understand. Its very simple. DONT STEAL SERVICE.
If my "manner less oath" comment impressed you then you havent been in the real world in your entire life.

You would be exactly that if you left a restaurant without tipping.

"automatic tipping"...its called paying your share...automatically. Yes. Pay and dont come back if it was unreasonable. BUT PAY. If not people live worse and you just stole their time and service.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Don't steal service ?
This is why the worlds shafted !

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join