It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does McDonalds food give you pimples?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Silly question, I know... I was just wondering what you think about the following:

I never eat fastfood and it's been at least 6-8 months prior* to last week that I visited McDonalds with some people for the last time. But last Sunday a friend of mine wanted to let me taste their veggie burger, so I was like 'oh well okay' and ate 1, plus a side salad. Next morning: 3 pimples on my chin! Just so you know, I hardly ever have even 1, let alone 3! I was puzzled at first as to why (not that I really care or worry that much) and then I figured: but I ate McDonalds, that's the only thing that changed.

Thoughts? Is McDonalds food pimple-causing?

*I then chose a medium portion of french fries and a side salad.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

I am pretty sure that McDonalds food cannot cause pimples, because McDonalds do not serve anything which can accurately be called food. They serve highly processed, preservative rich, nutritionally invalid crap, that is barely worth digesting and then forcing out of ones body. The stuff they serve is a waste of sewer space.

Stop eating it, just stop! It does not matter if you cut down to once a year, once a decade, the stuff is still not worth chewing on!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Pimples...Probably.

Gut Rot...Definitely.

Peace

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Back before my sjogrens and diet changes, I'd get zits from drinking dark cola soda. I wouldn't get any from the fries or breakfast sandwiches, but the cola sodas would set it off and that includes the McDonalds sodas.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

MacDonalds can probably cause pimples, between the grease, preservatives and high sugar content, it's a mix made in hell.

I went to two places on Friday that I shouldn't have, Walmart and MacDonalds. I haven't eaten MacDonalds crap in over a year, but I was rushed, so I allowed myself to make the mistake. I will never ever do that again. The sign above the cash reads $5.49 for what appears to be a quarterpounder combo, but isn't, it's just the garbage burger. Two of their quarterpounder garbage combo's plus two single filet-o-whateverthehellitis, cost almost $30. While eating this garbage, you always seem to need to eat more, which has to be actively curbed. A couple of hours later, I felt like sh*t, actually fell asleep at my desk which I never do and woke up disoriented and sick to my stomach.

I will never eat their garbage, that crap they pass off as food, again. There should be EPA and FDA warnings on that junk like the crazy pharmaceuticals that states "Toxic to humans and anything else, even in small quantities may cause death."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised if it did- Every time I ate mcdonalds I got ill, bloated and tired. A simple burger should not make you feel that way.

That's why I make my own burgers. The Cake burger would put the Big Mac to shame.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Don't eat any of it, it is not fit for dogs.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It has been known to give me diarrhea and bouts of vomiting.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I like when people act like they're above eating McDonald's, when it's a guarantee they have something similar, if not worse, right in their kitchen.

Yes, fatty, salty, sugar filled foods can give you pimples.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Well this is going to be gross but about 2 years ago I ate McDonald's for lunch EVERY SINGLE DAY. even on my off days, what can I say I was a cheeseburger and fries gal. I never had acne before or during that time. In fact I only got acne during my pregnancy this year- so for me personally no I don't believe McDonald's causes that problem. However everyone's bodies/hormones/metabolism/oil production/skin sensitivity is different

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Stress, change in hormones, temp and oily skin all contribute to one's complexion.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Not really sure if it gives you pimples but eat enough and i am sure it will give you a heart attack .

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It's not a silly question actually.
While eating foods high in oils will naturally contribute to the oils in your skin, dirt and oil on your face is the strongest contribution to acne. While eating the food, you likely wiped your mouth and chin, spreading the oils/grease to your skin and clogged a few pores.
Regularly cleaning your face with a mild, soapy solution (plain soap will dry it out too much) will do wonders to keep acne at bay. No need to resort to alcohol based solvents which are also not good for your skin.
Another important thing you can do is make sure your pillowcase is cleaned on a regular basis. Dirt and oils from your pillow will get in those pores, causing you more problems. This is much more necessary for those who have oily skin.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Yes it does give me pimples, and I also found the reason why.

Mcd food is GREASY as hell.

You won't find Omega 3 and other kinds of good fats like coconut fat near any McDs

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Ugh- that sounds awful. And yes, it doesn't really seem to satisfy which is probably why they sell so much of their burgers.
However, I never tried anything made of ''meat'' from them because I'm vegetarian and somehow I don't really feel tempted to try it anyway.

The stuff seemed to make you ill... yuck.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

My skin isn't oily at all, just couldn't handle the McDonalds grease
I guess it must be pretty bad then.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pitou
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Ugh- that sounds awful. And yes, it doesn't really seem to satisfy which is probably why they sell so much of their burgers.
However, I never tried anything made of ''meat'' from them because I'm vegetarian and somehow I don't really feel tempted to try it anyway.

The stuff seemed to make you ill... yuck.

I highly doubt it's meat so you're probably safe from that aspect, however, the toxins I am pretty sure are over the top. I am still suffering from ingesting that crap two days later.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
No, I never have gotten pimples from eating fast food, or even semi-ok foods. Mine are strictly limited to hormone flux a few days before hell Week begins unless I take poor care of my skin, or go overboard. I can trigger pimples by washing my face too often, which leads to oil overproduction, or going a day too long, where the build-up is the issue & hello high schooler face.

Might I suggest reconsidering what comes into contact with your skin instead of blaming the food first? You were in a fast food joint in a Walmart. OK, Walmart location aside, you were in a fast food joint. Where tables are simply wiped down with water at best (I've never personally seen the disinfectants come out unless it's shift change in those) Now think of everything you touched in there -- the counter, the tray, the counter around the sodas/condiments area. If they had it, probably the tabs for straw & napkin dispensers, too (unless you just take one no fuss, but still, germ transfer there) Then you pulled out a chair and likely touched the table at some point. You probably wiped your mouth, which spread some of the gunk around microscopically to spread around further later in via facial oil. Then you gathered everything up, and tossed it.
Yeah, think about all the hands that were there before yours were. Ew, huh? It's a dirty, dirty world out there, and even in our own homes.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Follow these tips:
1. Put toothpaste on your pimple before you go to bed, should help reduce swelling overnight. Make sure it is the paste not the gel. One of the most popular acne home remedies.

2. Wash your face twice a day in warm salty water. This should leave your face oil free without aggravating the acne.

3. Apply a paste of fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves over the face every night for 10-15 minutes and washed with warm water. This will prevent acne, pimples, blackheads, and wrinkles.

4. Place strawberry leaves on the acne, the alkalinity helps to reduce the swelling.

5. Extract juice of one lemon and mix with equal quantity of rose water. Apply this mixture on the face and let it stay for about half an hour. Wash the face with fresh water. About 15 days application helps cure acne, pimples and reduces blemishes and scars.

6. Another method is to massage the face with the skin of lemon before washing with lukewarm water.

7. Apply fresh mint juice over the face every night for the treatment of acne, pimples, insect stings, eczema, scabies, & other skin infections.
thehealthinfosite.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join