It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor explodes in sky over Oklahoma City

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think it's real and not hoaxed, but that meteor looked very close to the proximity to the earth's surface.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat
It's not a lot of trouble and people do like to rack up youtube hits.
No matter how stupid.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: H1ght3chHippie

So, you catch what might be the coolest thing you might ever get to record on video, and you only take 11 seconds? It's not like the thing disappeared. It's not like you run out of film. i'm also intrigued by the lack of any vocal outburst as a FIREBALL explodes over that neighborhood.

I mean, I let out an audible gasp when Columbia exploded, and I wasn't even there.
edit on 21-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well then. I was at band practice last night and we were standing outside and saw a couple of those green, slow moving shooting stars. Live about an hour south of okc.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Maybe the original video was longer and has been edited because the uploader felt uncomfortable posting his audible gasp ? I don't know. It's a bit weird I'll give you that.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Skrillex Mothership ~ This Much Power!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat
It's not a lot of trouble and people do like to rack up youtube hits.
No matter how stupid.

And stars

No matter how stupid

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: H1ght3chHippie

I think if that had been legitimate (I think hoax), then although it is difficult to tell,
I am sure the meteor looks fairly close , at least close enough to cause a lot of damage
by the shock wave of the explosion.

I am def going with a faked video here.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I concur. Plenty of time on the vidz to say SOMETHING!?!?!?

Some years back, My Wife and I had just got out of our truck, parked in back of the house in Moline IL., out in front of the house and across the street is a huge city park. A second or two after we got out, I looked towards the house, and above the park, there was a Good Sized Mother Freakin' Screachin' FireBall headed West to East Blazin' a Friggin Fire Trail!!! I was flippin the F-_ k out!!! It took Me about 2 seconds to say Cindi!! Look over the park!!! It's a Fu in FireBall!!!!!! So there was plenty of time in those videos for that guy, or whoever, to say SOMETHING!!?!?!?!
Just sayin...... Syx.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Yeah, when the weirdest part of your video isn't the fact that there is a giant fireball in the sky, somethings amiss.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I'm tellin' Ya! I mean I want to think this is real, as I have Been Witness!! But just a couple things amiss......
Syx.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I don't think this is a hoax. At first I thought it was new footage of the Russian meteor, but then I noticed the old 280 Z and a couple of Chevys parked in front of a house in the first video. Definitely not Russia.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

originally posted by: Another_Nut
a reply to: Phage

5 reports on the 19 from Texas and ok

I say real and just another freak thing in OK

Something like this would have many more than five reports. Fake as the driven snow on the equator. Maybe the five reports were from the hoaxers and their friends.

Real as the driven snow in Buffalo. For one, the meteor in the videos appears to be pretty low, so it wasn''t wide spread over several states reducing the chance that there are a lot of reports to AMS, and it's also daytime, or near dusk. Also, 5 reports ain't bad, plus, local news media covered it. Why does this need to be fake, there have been daily reports of fireballs for the past two years, so why does this have to be fake?
edit on 21-11-2014 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

I'm sure it's real too. I have no clue why these people feel the need to debunk a freaking meteor.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Amazing piece of luck in that first video and not a sound, at least not an explosive sound, or no wait even for a possible shockwave blast, seeing as how the big burn out was right at the moment...and just a few seconds of video. Come to think of it the second video was lucky too. And just think, was this so low as to not make a sound?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Ah jeez, I just got back to this thread and see all the posts about the hoax comments. My bad, totally, I got it wrong and humbly apologize to the OP and to the people who filmed this meteorite. When I looked at the first two vids they seemed fake to me, an error of judgement on my part. Doesn't happen very often, and when it does I'd like to apologize. I'm giving myself a three day ban and won't post or look at the site in that time.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: Rezlooper

I'm sure it's real too. I have no clue why these people feel the need to debunk a freaking meteor.

Simply because this is the internet. It's best practice to always question the credibility of something before believing it.

In this case, the videos seem odd, there aren't fireball reports, no media coverage, heck no other witnesses except for the ones in the video, no one reported hearing even a slight boom (from the explosion). So there's a valid reason to speculate.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Ah jeez, I just got back to this thread and see all the posts about the hoax comments. My bad, totally, I got it wrong and humbly apologize to the OP and to the people who filmed this meteorite. When I looked at the first two vids they seemed fake to me, an error of judgement on my part. Doesn't happen very often, and when it does I'd like to apologize. I'm giving myself a three day ban and won't post or look at the site in that time.

good on you ! some posters just like to elude to the fact they thought it was a hoax so as to keep up deniability, then beat a hasty retreat and stay silent.

wont mention names,

the fact u admit it means no ban for you ! we need more like u around here

and im pretty sure the end of the world starts in Oklahoma ... or at least the signs of the end lol

earthquakes, tornadoes, fireballs in the sky ... basically the worst parts of the bible

gotta love it!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Edited due to echo
edit on 21-11-2014 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

I already posted that one

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join