It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

radioactivity released into the sea at scotish power plant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
news.bbcimg.co.uk... it seems there was an incident up in Scotland where some radioactivity was released after a fire at a proto type fast reactor facility, this is worrying only now its been broadcast it happened last month, couldn't manage to keep a lid on it I expect

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

edit on 21-11-2014 by ryan2010 because: its a repeat

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Well, I suppose that we will find out what Godzilla wears under a kilt after all.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I can't wait for the Scottish Kaiju movies after this. "Ness-zilla Vs. Plaidodon"

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
ALL nuclear reactors release radioactivity into their cooling water sources and the atmosphere.

How is this news?

How is it funny?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

DSRL said trace amounts of tritium were released and did not pose a risk to the public.

could of been worse

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyTrick
Yes...it could have happened in your yard!!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyTrick

Tritium is really valuable! Maybe I should go out there and start bucketing up water.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Fair point but should you get thirsty I would not recommend drinking any of the stuff considering its effect on the Human body.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ryan2010

So what the ocean is overrated anyway.

It's all hype.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
Well, I suppose that we will find out what Godzilla wears under a kilt after all.

That's just an ludicrus idea, how in the world would anyone be able to make such a gigantic kilt. Very unlikely.

Seriously, though. Why not make nuclear plants way inland for once to prevent these kinds of things.

-MM

edit on 21-11-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Maybe I should of said 'I'm thankful it wasn't worse'. I wasn't trying to sound dismissive but there wasn't much info on the scale of this leak in the op.

And it's only about an hour away from me so not too far from my 'yard'

edit on Fridayam211430Fri, 21 Nov 2014 10:41:45 -0600412014-11-21T10:41:45-06:00k by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots ha ha what a reply

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic it was on the bbc news website

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyTrick yes im sorry for being vague, I thought you wouldn't mind looking at the news link yourself

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ryan2010
a reply to: LadyTrick yes im sorry for being vague, I thought you wouldn't mind looking at the news link yourself

your news link in the OP?...is a picture? at least on my browser...

of what ive looked up...the Scottish site is supposedly decommissioned and still being 'cleaned-up'?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: loveguy yes it is a picture, iv yet to be shown how to put the rest of the link on ats

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguyDSRL) said "procedural non-compliances and behavioural practices" by staff led to the incident on 7 October.

DSRL said trace amounts of tritium were released and did not pose a risk to the public.

No-one at the plant was hurt in the early morning incident.

The Caithness site's fire brigade extinguished the blaze in the PFR's sodium tank farm within 30 minutes.

Managing director Mark Rouse said DSRL has been served with an improvement notice by the nuclear industry's regulators.

He said: "Our investigation identified unacceptable behaviours and practices that fell well short of our values and standards.

"It is important to take the time to ensure as many lessons are learned from this incident as possible.

"We are determined to improve our behaviours and compliance to ensure that we always meet the high standards expected

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy im working on my posts, one day il get it right im sure

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ryan2010

Maybe because civilians blow these things way out of proportion, and they wanted to make sure they knew exactly what was going on before the civilian populace blows it out of proportion and when the data proves it less or worse than previously thought the populace will attack those who reported for incompetence.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join