It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a Student at FSU - Let Me Tell You What I Know

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

Im beginning to think ATS members should get press badges. We do better than the actual press.....

Yep, that's what attracted me to ATS in the first place! It seems like our members find out about breaking news before the national media does.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I just want to take a moment to say how glad that I am that both Gatorboi and EnronOutrunHomerun are okay and weren't in the library during this incident. I'm so sorry that this kind of incident happened at your school.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

No...you said you got the message, put one some clothes and RAN down there....how insane. How thoughtless with regard to safety...yours.

Oh yeah...Just remove yourself from the emergency texts lists...they are for emergencies...to warn PEOPLE TO TAKE COVER AND HIDE....but no...you run down to see the explosion, fire, shooting scene.

How stupid that was...sorry.

MS
1st Responder

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

His facebook reveals constant posts of Bible Verses.

SO, basically he was some kind of Christian terrorist.
I guess... Right ?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Sorry to upset you.

I DID in fact check on social media platforms (such as Yik Yak) to see what the situation was. It was by doing so that I learned what building it was at (Strozier) and what the incident was (shooting).

It was from people in the building where it happened posting information that I found out that the shooter was killed.

Sorry I left out all of this information, I didn't want to lengthen my OP by adding all of this.

I carefully thought out my actions. Next time I'll be sure to give everyone a play-by-play of everything I did.

Just because you're a 1st Responder doesn't mean you should just call people's actions "stupid" or "insane" or "thoughtless" if you don't have all of the information.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
To all of those calling the OP stupid for going to check it out :

News flash. Despite what you may think, all people aren't weak and scared like so many of you seem to be. Just sayin...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

The media is simply trying to further demonize Christianity...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the on-site info!

Isn't this an extraordinary story unfolding?
The comments of his closest friends since high school, "Nicest guy in the world....never saw any danger..." They are clearly in shock, in a state of suspended belief because what they are hearing is not within the realm of possibility in their minds. It is very much the same reaction I saw in interviews with the PA shooter's friends from school.
And that freaky "voices from the walls" thing---??? Good catch on that White Alice....
I'm thinking there have been others but can't dredge up any names or places just now.
Wouldn't it be interesting to know what sort of mind-altering substance it takes to turn a "nicest guy in the world" to an attempted or successful murderer?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
More practice rounds of martial law if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Also though you are crazy for taking a picture of the cop holding a gun, how would he know in the dark you werent holding a gun?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi

Also though you are crazy for taking a picture of the cop holding a gun, how would he know in the dark you werent holding a gun?

Both the FSU PD and the Tallahassee PD responded to the scene, first officers arriving within 2 minutes of the first call.

All of them were EXTREMELY professional.

Each officer I spoke to was courteous towards me; they never once ordered me around or raised their voice. If I was somewhere they didn't want me, they would simply ask why I was there, and then politely ask that I step several yards in a different direction.

That officer in particular (you can see him in a picture in my OP) was watching everything, including me before I noticed him. I approached him with my camera (iPhone) already out and asked him if he knew the latest. He informed me that all witnesses were being taken into the building beside him, and he asked me if I was a witness. I told him I wasn't, so he told me I could just hang where I was at for the time being. Eventually, I was asked by another officer to go to a different location since they had to bring vehicles though there.

Never once did an officer act threatening, demanding, or authoritative towards me or anyone else. They were all extremely understanding of the fact that this was our school, and we were very concerned.

Over all, the police involved in this get a 10/10 in my book.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Probably posted elsewhere, but: heavy.com...
This could get interesting on this particular site.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow
Mind telling us what you were pointing to...as, the web page at the link, is blank (for me).
Thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

The page gives more info regarding him as a TI and some other background.

Including the standard "he was so nice, no one would have ever expected something like this from him" disclaimers from the people he was staying with.

We’re just all astounded. We had no idea that he would do something like this. Obviously, he was not in his right mind. He was a well-liked, real smart…My heart’s broken. In a million years I wouldn’t have thought he’d do something like this. He was struggling, having decided that what he was doing out there was not good. He had some issues and just decided he’d come home. He was struggling, like we all do, financially and otherwise.

heavy

edit on 21-11-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
Thank you, jadedANDcynical
There must be something wrong with my browser...or...eyes...because even the link you posted gives me a blank page.
On the other hand, I believe that I read your quoted text yesterday.
(PS: I think my boss went to law school with the shooter.)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

You're most welcome.

Lots of wierdness around this one. I pm'ed you text of the artcle, btw. Not sure if it all went through. Should be enough in there if you want to follow up on different angles.
edit on 21-11-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: typos, hate this tiny phone keyboard

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
no the media is not trying to demonize Christianity, this man was a Christian terrorist ok. Because everytime its a Muslim committing a crime they insist on making public that the individual was Muslim so that people can subliminally make the connection that Muslims are terrorists. A good lot of criminals on the news are church going Christians but no one ever mentions that because it does not fit the Muslim terrorist agenda.

So therefore, yes this man committed terroristic actions and he is a Christian, therefore Christian terrorist. And op, why didn't you just add this to the thread that was made literally as the scene happened? In fact I even predicted the outcome and partial profile of the shooter before it was made public, the least you could have done was link the thread (not mine btw)

Police responding to reports of a gunman on Florida State University campus

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117
The shooter was a Myron May, a graduate from FSU and an attorney.

His facebook reveals constant posts of Bible Verses. But, what is more interesting, is this post:

If you do what the picture says, it takes you to this website about victims of Electronic Stalking Mind Control (ESMC) activities.

The gives the following advise to victims of this ESMC:

Remember that the perpetrators of your ESMC are the criminals, not you.
Remain positive.
Resist depression.
Maintain your physical health.
Take vitamins and eat correct foods.
Be receptive to making new friends.
Do not engage private investigators.
Do not discuss your ESMC harassment with every friend, family member, and acquaintance.
Do NOT visit a psychiatrist.
Resist any effort on the part of law enforcement to make you submit to a psychiatric evaluation.

Know that mental incompetence cannot be proved by your words and actions alone
De-emphasize “self.”
Make special efforts to stay in contact with family members and friends, for the handlers concentrate on isolating you from society.
The handlers will cause problems with your computer and will intercept your emails to others and also those that come from others.
Record the handlers’ actions and your thoughts about them.
Be observant.
Remember precedents.
Thwart the efforts of the handlers and defy them.
Stay alert.
Work to change the narrow mindset of the medical community about ESMC.

There is much more advice there, I just took the first several points.

So now the conspiracy comes: was it mind control, or paranoia?

People who have found his facebook page are treating it VERY negatively, and leaving quite hateful comments.

It seems this man was dealing with some pretty severe mental anguish.

Not only is this sad, but yeah this is too strange. I have long suspected mind control and or influence. There was a post a while back about the majority of shooters being on SSRI's. Can't seem to find it...

How does an FSU grad, who is an accomplished lawyer suddenly just decide to shoot up some people. This smells to high heaven and if mind control is indeed a factor, TPTB are getting very bold. Probably because so few of us choose to deny ignorance. They really want guns out of the publics hands.

Outside of speculation and conspiracy, this is a very sad day for FSU, it's students, family and alumni. I hope that peace returns to the campus soon.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I am calling you for being stupid. Youre a COLLEGE STUDENT, not law enforcement, 1st responder or a reporter for "Nightline". You got excited, checked a few resources about where and when...and jumped out into the fire.

Stupid thing to do. You were texted to stay in place...nope...with no other info...you accepted all of it...and ran right out into it...even if it was wrong and was possibliy even out your door. You didnt know.

Stuff like that gets people killed for being overly excited.

My being a 1st repsonder means nothing. Everyday folks take preparation-classes on disaster and survival training. You took most of the warnings people study to LEARN....ignored it...and tossed them out the window like a kid running and yelling "The ice cream man's here! The ice cream man's here!"

Very dumb thing to do. And I stand by that.
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: splck

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thanks for providing the info. The link works for me as well.

Also, @gatorboi117: I think what you did was a brave thing, not stupid. The voice of authority telling people to stay in place isn't always the best choice to follow. Granted, you did risk your safety by going out to the area and it could have gone a lot worse, but taking chances like that makes life interesting too. At least you didn't spend the evening huddled in a closet with a flashlight and a bat!
edit on 21-11-2014 by gottaknow because: pluralization

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join