It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a Student at FSU - Let Me Tell You What I Know

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

eh, true.

things can never be stopped entirely...

But it's still apples to oranges, mostly in the specific boring-parts of smuggling contraband on a national level.

In any case zatara has a good point with gun-crimes in the continental european union...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Starred your comment because...it is the advice I would hope my children take --- but, there are exceptions to that... I would want it of my children, because I don't want them getting harmed, unnecessarily. On the other hand - if they are to choose their course in life - and it was important enough to take that risk...knowing that they are responsible for all consequences of their actions --- then I say "Do your best!"

I appreciate gatorboi117's contribution.
If not for this thread...I would still not know of the incident/tragedy.
Usually (it seems), there are 3-5 competing threads within the first few hours...of such an event.

I am not an EMS... Have known quite a few (men)...
Each of them, would give me reason to hope...at seeing them arrive...on a tragedy/accident/life-&/or-death event.
Such curiosity from those told to stay in place...can only cause tensions to rise among those tasked with responding to trauma and terror -- adding confusion to the mix (Who are the good, bad, wounded, in-charge? Is it over? Is there more to this than one guy shooting...and shot...? Who are all these people, seemingly crawling from the woodwork - and smiling at me...with their video-phones...and asking questions --- What are they hiding under that sweater? Why's that one standing over there...never looking at me...? What's he fiddling with...? Could this be another Boston Bomber episode...? It's because Noles Rule!...and tptb...don't like Noles... 'Cause we're...the Best! - Wait... ...Where am I...?)
[
]
...I'm sure that can make for a rough day at the office.

In any case... Enjoyed your thoughtful contribution.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: RammerJammer
Is Jameis Winston involved? Wouldn't surprise many people.

Wow. This is really in poor taste. People were shot and seriously hurt and you bring up Jameis Winston?

S&F OP. Thanks for getting the info out.

He's probably an Alabama fan

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Wait, another school shooting in America? This happens far too often.

Genuine question, not trying to be an asshole. How do people say gun control doesn't work when this happens so often in America compared to other 1st world places with gun control like Europe, Japan and Australia? Are the laws that are in place just bad or poorly enforced?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
a reply to: gatorboi117

That's crazy! Idk what to think of that. Schizophrenic break maybe?

I wouldn't rule out a psychotic break, but I feel we are too quick to judge someone's action in terms of mental illness.

Strange that an FSU graduate and attorney would crack like that. Something seems very strange if you ask me. Think about it, put all that time and effort into schooling to snap and shoot people, and then lose your life? You don't often see it.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idiosonic
How do people say gun control doesn't work when this happens so often in America compared to other 1st world places with gun control like Europe, Japan and Australia? Are the laws that are in place just bad or poorly enforced?

Why does the disobedient child get spanked more often? When the good little children of Amerika become obedient and support the NWO mandated gun control laws, then we will stop being spanked.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

I have no clue what that means. Are you saying these massive amounts of school shootings are a way for the NWO to make America accept more gun control? That sounds like finger pointing and a reluctance to accept that guns aren't always good being this available.

Between 2000 and 2010 America had 27 school killings (not just gun murders). Argentina, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Latvia, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Poland, Russia, Scotland, South Africa, South Korea, Swaziland, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago and Yemen had a combined 28. In 2010, the US was home to a population of approximately 309 million. The populations of these other countries totaled 3.8 billion. Tell me there is no problem.

Point fingers all you want, there is a real problem here lots of Americans won't address and just spout "i have the right to bear arms" or call it all a conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Goddammit.

People get hurt.

People sometimes DIE.

And all folks wanna do is turn them to benefit, use them, so folks can throw spitwads over their pet projects, push their favorite authoritarian agendas.

Goddammit.

People ARE hopeless, after all. They're intent on forging their own chains out of the misery of others.

edit on 2014/11/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idiosonic
a reply to: starviego
... or call it all a conspiracy.

Most of these highly publicized mass shooting events are, in fact, covert ops. They use Manchurian Candidates to carry out these rampages.

You can tell because they always have a prior history of mental health "treatment," lack any traditional motive, always wear black or camoflage, and have some kind of prior exposure to the military. There are other indicators but those are the main ones.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Trying just to be instructive here...he may have just been a wounded student who I'd have to bandage up...or worse....put into a body bag. And for what?

Listen...we have enough "reporters"...and dead college kids.

We don't need more of either...and so, I still stand by my words.

His over-excitement could have gotten him hurt...or worse.

Please friends...alerts and warnings are in place for a reason.

Thank you for your reply here...MS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join