It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Women Are Seen as Sex Objects More Today by Men.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Midnight13
Actually, men can be objectified too in a way. They can be seen as merely sperm doners!

I think this thread has given some interesting insight from both sides of the fence.

Thanks for that Midnight, sometimes us guys cannot see the obvious.

I think the word objectify has taken on a negative tone, but there are cases where objectify can by positive.

Can anyone think of any examples?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Well in a way, everybody earning his/her money with something that needs to draw public attention, i.E "stars", objectifies him/herself for the purpose of gaining "fans".
These are the role models for the little ones and mostly, pretty empty....

When did you hear some young guy, or girl say, Oh I am totally into Neil deGrasse Tyson?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Realtruth
Men’s Roles for Ages
Think about it for a moment, a man is geared to:
1) Hunt for food and gather
2) Provide a home/ Shelter and provide protection for his territory.
3) Insure his genes survive (ie: Procreation/Breeding)

Women’s Roles for Ages, what a women is geared to:
1) Preparing food
2) Taking care of a male’s territory (cleaning) and caring for offspring (children).
3) Being seen as the sex object to produce children to insure that genes were carried on

Why, when talking about procreation, the man's role is simply to "insure his genes survive" and the woman's is to be an object? Why isn't her role the EXACT same as the man's? To Insure HER genes survive?

It may interest you to know that in biblical history certain lines had to come through certain women. Now the male element was there but they were required, they Abraham, Judah, to procreate with certain specific women and these women also obtained part of the promise of the line.

Folks talk about "Abrahamic religions" ect and so forth. But the real story there is Abrahams wife Sarah, to her offspring were granted, by God none the less, certain things as opposed to Abrahams concubine Hagar.

Go down to Maya land to the famous temple at Palenque. Pascal and son Con Balaam, both moralized there. But why was his son so special? Because he was born "in the likeness of the first mother" (which is another deep topic) as it is recorded at the temple.

Anyway these joint line, male/female line unions, considerations were important.

We're discussing reality not myths.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Midnight13
Actually, men can be objectified too in a way. They can be seen as merely sperm doners!

There is a french site called "Adopte un Mec" (adopt a guy) hich has for logo a shopping cart.
Basically, men sign up and put up an information sheet, and women can go through them and decide to contact one. The guys cannot.

My son, in his early twenties, and trying to get over the end of a long term relationship ended, signed up on this.
A woman 7 years older than him "picked him out". With a couple of weeks, she had him convinced they were made for each other and would marry within months. We were shocked and dismayed, but he was on cloud nine- a beautiful older woman and finally a secure stable married life! He left his apartment and moved in with her immediately.

She proposed they start working on getting pregnant immediately, since she probably can't, and it would take years of trying anyway. She became pregnant immediately. As soon as it was confirmed, she came home, told him to get the f* out.

She had been with another woman for years, and wanted a child, so she found a good looking young and naive guy to impregnate her. Then we had to scoop up our destroyed son with a spoon and try to help put his life back together.
He can't even see his daughter, and it has ruined his life.

There are women out there treating men as sperm donors already and not being very honest about it. It happens both ways.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

What a sad story, another heart broken...
I can totally relate to that, thankfully without a child involved, but it is just creepy how some abuse the loving hearts of others.
Best wishes to your son. I hope he recovers, without becoming a cynic.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It is sad, because he is currently with a wonderful woman who has every quality possible- intelligent, kind, beautiful- even half american- half french like him. But he is having trouble committing to her because he has so much trouble trusting women now.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Understandable, we all have our scars. Maybe it will turn out to be a good thing, unconditionally loving someone can be a very dangerous thing. We all have to learn that at some point, I guess.
Maybe he grows from that experience and she can convince him to trust again. Love, huh? The art of loving is possibly to find the small path between being willing to die for somone and at the same time accepting there are no guarantees the person you love is worth it.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Just as women don't want to be generalised and stereotyped for their views, people would do well to remember that men don't want to either. Human beings represent a diverse range of individual, complex minds that, while sharing some similarities, are mostly made up of unique tastes and perspectives.

It's tough to remember this when the media constantly portrays the weaknesses and negative behaviours of each sex, ignoring the multitude of good and noble deeds done by others.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Bluesma,

That is a tragic situation for your family.

I'm sure with your support and love things will get better. Someone with a cold and calculating heart like that hurts everyone throughout their lives. Narcissism and self-centeredness at it's best.

If you want to PM me I'll be happy to share some insight since I've been through a similar situation.

Peace and Love,

RT

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

unconditionally loving someone can be a very dangerous thing. We all have to learn that at some point, I guess.

That seems to be one conundrum in life.

Unconditionally loving is seen by many people, on earth as a weakness, but let the truth be known that it's the greatest strength in the universe.

Experiencing the shallowness, narcissism, and self-centeredness of this world can be tough on people that give and give, but if they are able to weather those experiences they become self-empowered.

Peace,

RT

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Amen. My god, the only thing I worship and would never give up on is love.
Unfortunately the one I love thinks I am crazy and hates me, but hey, thankfully I am stronger by this experience and not the type of person to make general assumptions because of this one guy not believing...

Seriously though, Lets cheer for love more, what is sex if you don't feel it?
We should pitty those who never felt it, and cherrish even the super tiny moments when we just know for sure: love is real and the only thing that matters

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have an idea for you: view them as a person. To see any person as some sort of a worker, based or not on gender, is a real shame.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofWeird
I have an idea for you: view them as a person. To see any person as some sort of a worker, based or not on gender, is a real shame.

If you read through the entire thread you'll see that is not just my stance, but many others here on ATS. The OP was to spark conversation as to why men are seeing women as sex objects, rather than a person, and/or equals.

What we did find via the entire thread was that objectification goes both ways.

Your Idea should also encompass other people rather than just myself, as it would benefit a wider spectrum.

Peace,

RT
edit on 22-11-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Oh good lord!

You've stepped in it now!

I'll be back in a bit - have to go pop some popcorn.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I do not know why people still discuss this. Women are happier than ever to objectify themselves, today.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Men are objectified, too (abs, size of 'manhood', etc.). It's not just women. Men are also more likely to be used by gold diggers since it's seen as socially acceptable to judge a man, but not a woman, by whether or not he has a nice car, a good job, or knows successful people.

People claim they love freedom but then want to stop men/women from making their own life decisions such as having the right to their own bodies for weed and prostitution. It's their bodies, not yours.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join