It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I told you. It's only harassment if she's not into you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Soz was just trying to have a laugh. There's no way I'd waste my time seriously debating something so complex and unsolvable as the interaction of masculine and feminine beings... notice I didn't say male and female.

I'm ducking out before I get into trouble.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well having married a big, scary man with a bark worse than his bite...

He won me over by approaching me in a public place, and our first dates were in groups with friends, and then his sense of humor was what really won me over. I love to laugh. So after a handful of dates in public places we became an item, moved in together after 6 months of dating, and have been together ever since. We've been married 17 years now.

But my initial reason for giving him a chance - chemistry. He's sexy.

CdT

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The video, whilst very cute, kind of misses the point.

The women feel safe to be approached by another woman.

She can be quite pushy because she is another woman, and therefore isn't likely to stalk/creep/rape them.

So a guy doing what the girl in the video did? Would absolutely be creepy if he persisted in trying to get numbers even after having been turned down.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I'm glad you pointed this out. It's one thing if a man comes up says hi, can I have your number, and is nice about it and leaves you alone if you're not interested. But I had pigs come up and say stuff like wow you're hot you make me wanna do bad things, or refuse to take a no and keep on and on making me more uncomfortable, and even doing it in front of my kids, and following me to my car, it's creepy.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I hated that BS video from NY.

Is it just me or is there a heavy amp up all of a sudden on the token outrage over older than dirt issues of men trying to hook up with women?

It is completely BS. Women can hit on men and other women with no issue taken. A rich beautiful man can hit on women and men with no issue taken.

Its when the average man tries to date out of his caste that people get upset. Like seeing a nerd with a beautiful woman in the 80s. /*Outrage over the sight.....

You should see the video of a guy hitting on women by asking them to get into his Lamborghini for a drive.

No issue is taken even though he basically asks them for sex and a date.....because he is a rich young good looking guy asking people to drive around in a insanely expensive car. PLENTY of random women said ok and got in his car.

I dont care about race issues. I dont care about gender issues. I dont care about any of this BS that is used as ammo for social engineers.

Mental diarrhea is what it is. "oh he hit on me".....deal with it. You are not going to die and NO, its not offensive. No one word raped you. Its offensive that you think that he or people like him are below you. What? he is not in your particular social caste so its an insult all of a sudden for him to ask you for the time of day? So if Tom Freaking Cruise did it you would be outraged?

Sure.

edit on 11 19 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

You also used the word "threatened", which to me definitely denotes the presence of fear.

threat·en
ˈTHretn/Submit
verb
state one's intention to take hostile action against someone in retribution for something done or not done.
"the unions threatened a general strike"
synonyms: menace, intimidate, browbeat, bully, blackmail, terrorize; make/issue threats to
"how dare you threaten me?"
express one's intention to harm or kill (someone).
"the men threatened the customers with a handgun"

and you mentioned this little gem,

- Women do not have a history of raping each other.

Which is completely not true. In order for their to be no history of woman on woman rape that act would have never had to have occurred. It happens, often. Most often in lesbian relationships wherein one partner is an abuser. To suggest that there is no history of woman on woman rape is an affront to all rape victims and you should be ashamed.

My point is that women are stronger than you give them credit for. Their is no need for them to fe-- ahem... "be leery of" every man that enters their vicinity. If you feel like you live in an unsafe neighborhood, don't walk alone, get martial training or if you live in a CCW state, buy yourself a little .38 and keep it holstered in a handbag. It never hurts to be safe but to treat all males as though they automatically present a threat to ones wellfare is no way to live.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Ha! I was privy this week to overhearing one customer in a store I was in shoot down, rather harshly, a sleazy female customer trying to pick her up. "Oh honey, you have such a nice ass! Trade numbers?" was shot back at with "Get your crack-ho ass out of my face. NOW." Not sure if she was a junkie, a hooker or what, but the trashy pick-up didn't help her any.

The mere idea that women are more likely to respond to a come-on from another woman because it's what we're familiar with is BS. If it's in good spirits, it doesn't make a difference what gender it is, though it'll be handled according to the recipient's orientation, but sleaze is sleaze no matter how you cut it.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Ha! I was privy this week to overhearing one customer in a store I was in shoot down, rather harshly, a sleazy female customer trying to pick her up. "Oh honey, you have such a nice ass! Trade numbers?" was shot back at with "Get your crack-ho ass out of my face. NOW." Not sure if she was a junkie, a hooker or what, but the trashy pick-up didn't help her any.

The mere idea that women are more likely to respond to a come-on from another woman because it's what we're familiar with is BS. If it's in good spirits, it doesn't make a difference what gender it is, though it'll be handled according to the recipient's orientation, but sleaze is sleaze no matter how you cut it.

Just the fact that people are out in public conversing with these words makes me despair over humanity.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Look, I can't have a discussion with someone who starts the conversation off with hyperbolic conjecture.

Another words, you took everything I said and exaggerated it to the point of illogical nonsense.

Nuff said.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Look, I can't have a discussion with someone who starts the conversation off with hyperbolic conjecture.

Another words, you took everything I said and exaggerated it to the point of illogical nonsense.

Nuff said.

Sure, sure.

So even the point where you say that women do not have a history of rape is "hyperbolic conjecture"? Please... You can't seriously believe you are right about that can you?

edit on Cpm12Thursday0720142630Thu, 20 Nov 2014 12:07:26 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eta

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
That video was just so hot - seriously, made me laugh too.
Cute and kinda sweet - but mostly hot.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I have a question. I'm like 5'4" most men stand about a foot taller than me. Any advice from the ladies on this thread as to what I should do when I'm walking down the street to be less fearful of men since I'm the same height or shorter than most women. Same argument right? I mean I'm the same height as the ladies. Shorter if they are wearing heels. Almost always shorter.

I visit my sister who lives in west hollywood weekly. I ride the bus there, have to wait around late at night for up to an hour for the next bus so I can go home. Dudes hit on me sometimes when I'm waiting there. (why I don't know, I'm short and look like john belushi and jack black had a hobbit love child, not exactly appealing) Although Ive never been intimidated in these instances, and some of these were really big dudes, drunk, leaving bars and looking for something I wasn't bout to offer. How'd I manage all those times? Any advice for another person smaller and shorter than most men who has to also walk around in public and eeep..... interact with them?
edit on 21-11-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join