It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many members are rude and uptight. It's time to learn some respect

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JWB408
It's quite simple.......the economy isn't that good, the price of everything we buy is skyrocketing while our wages don't keep up. Most of us hate the idiots in Washington DC, both parties included, and about 70% of Americans think we are going in the wrong direction. Healthcare costs are thru the roof and rising faster than our paychecks can keep up with as well.

So basically, you keep squeezing the neck of the American people and eventually you get the venom.

Yes all these things are true, but I'm still polite and respectful to people. Just because I'm having a hard time doesn't give me an excuse to be #*y to others. I work with the public and sadly they can be horrible. Being rude and entitled seem to the biggest problems. Everybody wants what they want be dammed the rules or anyone else. Oh, and the customer ISN"T always right.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I agree whole heartedly with this. I too have been guilty of this from time to time, and I believe my problem (which my wife has brought up multiple times when texting her) is the way I convey myself through text.

It's those cases where you're talking out your response in your head while you're typing it, hit send, then you read what you just wrote and think to yourself "hmmm..... I kinda sounded like a prick there, my bad."

So, if I have ever come across as a little rash or snappy, I really didn't mean it.

Speaking in person, I can tell a hell of a story with perfectly timed dramatic pauses and emphasis.

Writing? Well....... Let's just say, I can make a grocery list sound violent and biased.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
I think what we are seeing is the violent death throes of backward thinking.

Well that would really be nice but that's not what I see! We should be living in a paradise but what do we Have?
A divided nation slipping into a surreal mixture of a Christian corporate theocracy, masquerading as Tbags and
neocons. It's perfectly reflected in the membership of ATS and the direction it seems to be taking.

I remember when "asshole" "pissed off" would be cause for a reprimand and a point deduction on ATS.
I once received a 5oo point deduction and reprimand for using the word "mook"....
How times have changed and they will continue the downward cultural spiral into something that will make the present look old and stodgy.

In some ways the very nature of the .www, with it's anonymity and easy access, encourages "backward thinking"

But there are places of grace and peace, like ebay, amazon, newegg, which is what the interwebs has become.....
The Madison Ave....of the entire world. A cyber media where the OS is exactly like TV....80% ads and 20% BS.

I don't expect to encounter much respect in this type of environment, besides I'm beyond even caring. It's a "people like you" thing....

"One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say."
Bryant H. McGill

Think that's gonna happen?

edit on 18-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This won't be revived well but I believe there's a reason to why these behaviors persist. "Grow a thick skin! " A lot of it has to do with "just accept it" attitudes. A thicker skin doesn't always make for a nicer person. It causes a cycle of defensive replies to people not posting because of how they figure replies will be.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Wait a minute, Oh ok, I see now, you edited your usual rude and condescending response to the OP, or any other poster that responds for that matter.

Well, it's a new start my Friend. Let's see how she goes.

👽 ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Children will be children. Maybe they should implement a block/hide post button. That a way if you feel someone isn't contributing to the discussion, you simply don't have to see their posts anymore.

edit on 19-11-2014 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
One thing, IMO it is not disrespectful to tell someone to do some more research when they clearly have no idea what they're talking about. I think it's more polite than pointing out every factually incorrect statement they've made.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yup, this being a conspiracy site and all, I think some people try to be overly wordy or a little more aggressive in their retorts in order to appear more intelligent to the membership.

Intelligence gets respect on sites like this, but of course there ARE some members who are flat out rude.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldetimehockey4

Intelligence gets respect on sites like this, but of course there ARE some members who are flat out rude.

And some of the rudest are intelligent and arrogant, know it alls. I don't respect that kind of member, mod, or anyone I encounter that has an intellectually elitist attitude. There are plenty here that fall under that category!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Many members are really uptight in that they are ruthless when dealing with others. Some are very rude and agitated. Whether it be in general discussions, pointing out an error on behalf of another member, or calling them out for wrongdoings (when oftentimes it doesn't turn out to be the case), many members seem to engage in disgusting manners.

What happened to the civility here? What happened to the respect? What happened to being polite? For God's sake. This isn't GLP. This is ATS. I expect much better from our members. Granted, this is not representative of most here.

I suppose i am just sick of seeing people being treated like # from others who are just so rude and uncaring in their attitudes here. Many need to be taken down a notch.

Oh, and to those arrogant fools, if you see anything you don't like, don't be a tool and attack the member. Report your problems to a moderator and handle it from there.

FFS.

Only 20% of the internet is repugnant. Unfortunately, they are so repugnant that it seems like they are 80% of the internet instead of the 20% they actually are...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Oh, and to those arrogant fools, if you see anything you don't like, don't be a tool and attack the member. Report your problems to a moderator and handle it from there.
Ive rarely seen a more ironic post....

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This is a bit saddening... English is my second language and I realise I may come across as condescending or disrespectful when I don't mean to. I apologise if I come across as a bully, that's not my intention.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I haven't really observed any disrespect on the part of other ATS users. I guess that maybe I'm not reading the right threads to see it. Some hot debates but no all out throat cutting.

originally posted by: daaskapital
Many members are really uptight in that they are ruthless when dealing with others. Some are very rude and agitated. Whether it be in general discussions, pointing out an error on behalf of another member, or calling them out for wrongdoings (when oftentimes it doesn't turn out to be the case), many members seem to engage in disgusting manners.

What happened to the civility here? What happened to the respect? What happened to being polite? For God's sake. This isn't GLP. This is ATS. I expect much better from our members. Granted, this is not representative of most here.

I suppose i am just sick of seeing people being treated like # from others who are just so rude and uncaring in their attitudes here. Many need to be taken down a notch.

FFS.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Remember my friend.

As well you must never forget

it's best to wear the helmet because you will run into plenty of situations involving this.

Hope that sums it up, and you can trust me because

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
i would think all the negativity is from more people having access to the internet. almost every one at this point in time has a smart phone or tablet and can go on here at any time to troll. i go on here to learn some thing new every day, but others just others just go on here to piss people off. it is this way on every web site that allows comments. hell i stopped doing xbox live because of all the a-holes on there. every one should know that when you bring up the topic of religion or politics you will always get negative comments. the thing that irritates me a lot is the people posting something they found interesting and my self and get the response of that topic was post here before and do your research. if a subject was posted 5 or 10 years ago then why can't it be shown to people like me that did not know about it.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It's an infectious disease that we forum posters suffer from once in a while:

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join