It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many members are rude and uptight. It's time to learn some respect

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Many members are really uptight in that they are ruthless when dealing with others. Some are very rude and agitated. Whether it be in general discussions, pointing out an error on behalf of another member, or calling them out for wrongdoings (when oftentimes it doesn't turn out to be the case), many members seem to engage in disgusting manners.

What happened to the civility here? What happened to the respect? What happened to being polite? For God's sake. This isn't GLP. This is ATS. I expect much better from our members. Granted, this is not representative of most here.

I suppose i am just sick of seeing people being treated like # from others who are just so rude and uncaring in their attitudes here. Many need to be taken down a notch.

Oh, and to those arrogant fools, if you see anything you don't like, don't be a tool and attack the member. Report your problems to a moderator and handle it from there.

FFS.
edit on 18-11-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I think you are seeing more and more people realize the BS and SIN coming from those who are supporters of US government......and you don't like it.

my honest opinion

I think that some people, possibly even you OP, would like to make giving honest opinion against T & C rules.

Which of course would destroy ATS as a site, and all of us would simply move to another site.

Maybe at some point government will see ATS as too much trouble and throttle it down or something.
edit on 18-11-2014 by WineWithIce5 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm with you on this OP, some days it's quite frightening to even bother posting, knowing the usual hounds are ready to attack every word!!

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: WineWithIce5

I think you are seeing more and more people realize the BS and SIN coming from those who are supporters of US government......and you don't like it.

my honest opinion

I think that some people, possibly even you OP, would like to make giving honest opinion against T & C rules.

What do the opinions of US supporters have to do with members on ATS being rude and arrogant?

Also, no i do not want to limit free speech. That said, i do expect all members to abide by the T&C's, and i expect them to have a sense of civility. Both of which can be adhered to in providing one's own honest opinion. One doesn't need to be rude in providing their own opinions.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
i can understand your frustration, it does get annoying to see yourself attacked in one form or another for making a mistake or holding a different view.
But we have to be honest about what 80% of ATS is:
people circlejerking.
Lots of people come here just to hear people that support their prospective and only that.
holding different views equals to some sort of dissent.
People hold such strong believes to certain topics that is equal to religious fervor.
it goes from subtle things like "you are in denial/do your research" to flat out calling people stupid or worse.
Why does it happen?
You could probably find hundreds of answers, all pretty valid.
my personal one is that most people don't come here to find out any truth, but just to look for confirmation of their believes, and if you do not believe in the same exact things, in the same way, you get attacked.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I'll try to be nicer

Sorry!

Edit: Being sincere btw! I can be cranks like anyone on ATS, and it seems the part of the equation I can solve is the me part. The other variables are all mostly other people.
edit on 18-11-2014 by Pinke because: Edit

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
There is a disapointingly high level of immaturity among members on this site. It would appear that for some members, having information that others do not have empowers their damaged egos, to shove it into your face while belittling you at the same time... not unlike children

Others, just use this site as a vertual soap box never intending to engage in a civil discussion...

It is what it is... Don't engage them.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Respect is a funny thing.

People will want it and not give it, and people will talk about and not know it.

Common courtesy is more of an issue-a heated response to a post is fine; we've all done it. But there is a line in the sand and it's the mods who draw that line.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Please feel free to use my signature line. I'd like to think it helps.

[pic...]jg53da9976.jpg[/pic...]

(remove the ellipses.)

edit on 18-11-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this!.....I've been called a lot of things on this site from stupid , ...to a liar.
And, I myself have been caught up in defending myself a few times and posted in haste, and then realized it was uncalled for....I have tried to get away from that....I apologize if I've offended anyone......I wonder Whatever happened to the " agree to disagree " concept?.....And, Just an odd thought....It will be interesting to see if anyone jumps all over You, Daaskapital ,for starting this thread. ( in an Ironic kind of way.)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Feel free to use my signature line. I like to think it helps.

You Can Give—But Can’t Get—Ebola on a Bus

It sure does

EDIT: you change it

edit on 18-11-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Added the direct link.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
People are able to hide behind what they believe is anonymity, that has been the case since the birth off the Internet IMO,
Pretty sure 99% off these people would be grounded by there parents if they knew how there children were behaving.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

I wouldn't assume just children are the offenders here.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Since it's a circle-jerk of sorts, I suppose
I agree that we should all try to get along as best as we can. Disagreements, to me, are all well and good. I'm cool with debate banter and things like that so long as it stays away from personal insults and attacks on character/ad hominem. Since that takes away from the integrity of whatever's being discussed. I'm all-for fostering a sense of community--there's no reason why we can't all get along and agree to disagree whenever disagreements come up. If we are all just seeking after truth, then we should all understand that everyone is perfectly entitled to his or her own opinion so long as that opinion is based on some good analysis or critical thought &/ on personal experience. Unless, of course, it's a thread about opinions/not a serious discussion in which case it's cool lol

Good thread--always good to remember the little things like this that are actually big things to always keep in mind.

edit on 18-11-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the comments, everyone! I agree with all of you.

While i myself have posted comments which were made in the heat of the moment, i do try to refrain from engaging in questionable ways. It doesn't always work, but i feel that everything would be so much better if all members were to engage in a sensible manner. I'm just sick of seeing immature rubbish. Thankfully, most members on this site, and every one of you, are sensible members.

Thanks!
edit on 18-11-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I suspect part of it's the recent political debates etc ... It normally heats up somewhat when that happens - people jump to assumptions about each other etc ... and it turns nasty. Can carry on through a few threads at a time, but calms down after the elections or whatever are over.

Also sometimes you just get strong negative posters that hang around for a few months before finding a ban in their Christmas stocking.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

Awesome. Thanks for using it in your sig. I hope it catches on.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Do you think it`s civilized to defend disgusting things which are happening in the world by wrapping them up in supposedly intelligent postings?

I see namely a lot who seem to think they can defend atrocities by just making a so called civilized post about it.

On the other side you have people getting really angry about those atrocities happening, because they have empathy towards the victims of those atrocities. And when they see people defending those atrocities, where do you think the anger will be directed towards?

So where lies the actual cause of the anger being displayed, at the not posting in a civilized manner or at the defending of the atrocities?

As long as you have people who think it`s OK to defend a lot of disgusting happening in this world, you will get people becoming angry and no matter in what "intellectual manner" people try to warp to those things up, the anger will keep manifesting itself.

With things heating up around the World and people who keep defending horrible things, it won`t change a thing if the people who defend them aren`t thinking about what they are doing.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Part of the problem is focusing on members instead of content. Like this thread for instance.

Many members are rude and uptight.

Keep your eye on the ball and not the poster. Staff will decided who's in violation.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join