It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun follows moon? Am I still on Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Sorry if this isn't in the right place, I wasn't really sure where it should go.

A few weeks ago my wife and I were driving and we notice the moon was following really close behind the sun-like the sun was about to set and the moon was going to set right behind it close. We had never seen that before so we were both commenting on how weird it was and of course neither one of thought to get pics-we were so absorbed I guess. So anyway sun sets moon follows I don't really think about it again.

So I walk outside today to go to the grocery store and look up at the sky (which I'm prone to do, living in a heavy chemtrail spray area and a lot of either, government or UFO activity-could be either since I live next to Ft. Huachuca-lotta drones lotta activity. I could write dozens of threads on only a few things I've seen and heard around hear-anyhow I digress) so here I am staring at the sky like wtf? The sun is following the moon? The. Sun. Was. Following. The. Moon. Let that sink in a second.

I mean the moon was literally straight across the sky on the west side and it set well before the sun did.
Yes. The moon set before the sun. I ran back in real quick, freaked the wife and kids out-tellin her "you gotta come see this!" Practically dragging her outside. Me and her both saw it and I mangaed to get a few pics (they're not so good since the moon seemed really trasparent and kept going behind those "clouds" and I was in a hurry.

Unedited original:

The rest:

So as I sit here writing this it is now 11:05 pm and there is no moon in the sky. So if anyone knows what this is about any has maybe seen this before or if it's normal because I've never seen this phenomenon. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I didn't really understand what I was looking at but it made sense.

Hercolubus draws near.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Yes, it is normal.
Because the Moon orbits the Earth, it moves "backwards" across the sky compared to the Sun. It rises later each night. And, yes, the Moon is often visible in daylight.
www.timeanddate.com...

That is also why we see different phases of the Moon.
edit on 11/16/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I've seen the moon not far from the sun a few times before. It is really neat. You wouldn't think you could see it but you can. Simple things like seeing that sure can make life interesting. I guess we get used to thinking the moon is only out at night. Time to awaken to all the things out there that we don't pay attention to and assume we cannot see. If you do not think this exists, then you will not see it because you will not look for it. It actually is out there roaming with the sun for a few days every month.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Yes, it is normal.
Because the Moon orbits the Earth, it moves "backwards" across the sky compared to the Sun. It rises later each night. And, yes, the Moon is often visible in daylight.
www.timeanddate.com...

Very good. That's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Maybe it's time to give the brain a rest if I can't look up something so simple. Whole forest for the trees thing I guess. I'm so caught up it feels like everything is "something" you know. It is awesome to see them so close though guess I never really paid as much attention to things as I thought. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: phoenix9884

Yes, it is normal.
www.timeanddate.com...

Very good. That's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Maybe it's time to give the brain a rest if I can't look up something so simple. Whole forest for the trees thing I guess. I'm so caught up it feels like everything is "something" you know. It is awesome to see them so close though guess I never really paid as much attention to things as I thought. Thanks!

How else does a solar eclipse happen?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

originally posted by: phoenix9884

Yes, it is normal.
www.timeanddate.com...

How else does a solar eclipse happen?

Never really thought about the mechanics behind it. There's a lot of movement goin around up there. I'm sure many among us are guilty of the same

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Came to this thread to see what it was about, and have learned that apparently many people have never seen the moon in the daytime skies. Made me think that I've never seen Jupiter or Venus in a daytime sky, possibly because I wasn't looking or noticing - are they bright enough to be seen? Thanks.
edit on 16-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister
Jupiter, no.
Venus, yes. But you have to really want to. You have to know exactly where to look and only at certain times.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
A sky map app shows when something will rise and set and seems like you could really get some enjoyment out of it. There are many available and a few bucks for the app should be money well spent as far as apps go. Keep looking up.

top topics

join