It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma EQ explosion watch and be amazed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

I also live in Duncan and can confirm that Halliburton is stepping up their production. They just had a job fair last week looking to hire ~250 more employees at Manufacturing. They truly do prop up Duncan's economy.

The ground water pollution was bad enough to draw Erin Brokovich in and a town meeting was held concerning this. Halliburton warned to not bathe in the water or even give your pets the water to drink and started bringing in bottled water to people affected by the pollution. My aunt had a bedroom converted into a "water" room because they were bringing so much water. They may still be bringing in water, i'm not sure.

here is the post I made regarding the incident:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe the increase in geological activity is related to fracking.

Here's an article from Nov 2011 that states a UK fracking firm admitted fracking causes earthquakes. However, the press release is no longer accessible at that link.

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 13-11-2014 by lurker007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LockNLoad

originally posted by: rival
The activity increases dramatically towards the end of the video.
I think you could draw an easy correleation to fracking as the
culprit, but you'd need a similar map showing the active fracking
sites and dates. It'd be worth looking into...

Made an overlay map of recent EQs and fracking, most of the recent EQs are not where fracking is happening in OK

Great post lock, I'll look into it more after work. But looks good .

Guess the fracking proponents will have find another "Chinese lantern " to pin it on

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lurker007

Oh wow, thanks for the details. I was moved off to OKC during the time this all happened, but still caught wind of it. A buddy of mine's wife had family living on Osage right by there, and I've only recently started hearing first-hand accounts about the whole thing. Wild.

Gonna be giving your link a read.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
ok so i was little off i found this map here it puts the numbers into a little more perspective

definition of class 2 wells from the epa here

now the strange thing is that if you overlay the animation at the 34 second mark with the map linked above then you notice that the big blank area devoid of fracking centered on the town of stillwater is the area where there are a lot of quakes

and the quakes east of the oklahoma city area seem to be south of the actual fracking

the only area where it seems the quakes and wells over lay is up north along the kansas oklahoma border

what this means im not sure

i would much appreciate another overlay locked using those two maps, or from anone else who has the ability to do so

thoughts from the crowd?

eta it also seems the areas with the most fracking (the lawton to ada area) experiance the least amount of earthquakes,, anf the shale well areas close to nil EQs

again i have no idea what this means but looking for seeming abnormalities
edit on pm1120143004America/ChicagoThu, 13 Nov 2014 16:56:08 -0600_11u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

Great job. Now that's what ATS is about for me right there...

We also have unexplained EQ activity here in TX as well--with
Denton actually going so far as to enact a law that creates
an outright ban of the procedure.

BTW, I'm not an fan of the fracking=disaster theory.
I actually haul the water to and from frac sites...I'm the bad guy.

What concerns me are the disposal sites....there are literal LAKES
of diposal water uberneath those sites that could also be a culprit
in the recent increase in EQ activity
edit on 13-11-2014 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
ok so here is my first try at photoshop in a while overlay of fracking map and the 34 second mark of animation

it looks like the earthquakes happen wherever there is NO fracking

the only spot that seems to defy this trend is near the OK KS border

thoughts?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

It doesn't make any sense that Fracking causes Earthquakes. Fracking just replaces one fluid with another and Earthquakes cover a big area normally. To move that much ground especially 2 miles down where no drills are going it has to be the old fault line moving like every other old system has, Old Volcanoes are popping all over and normally dormant fault lines are moving.

The Shale Viewer while looking to be the problem you have to remember they are not that far down and they would all have to frack at once to generate an earthquake.

I am sure it does not help much but till someone recreates it in a lab type situation I am on the fence about it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join