It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma EQ explosion watch and be amazed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
a reply to: tavi45
Could be phoenix makes his case here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why isn't that it's own thread? :p

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

It goes back to the 2013 Solomon Island earthquake over by Australia

this caused a chain reaction along the Australian, Pacific plate and N. American plate. Which is causing the activity you see along the N. American plate now. Which will resemble the Australian plate/ring of fire soon-in terms of activity with the gap I spoke of earlier near Alaska as a linchpin. You can see the increased activity in the last day:

And week:

The taller the stack the bigger the swarm and this is the last week

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

shh , hes making me look good

(and good point hed get a s&f from me
)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

)

Hehe well thanks and I might have to do it now. Too late tonight but first thing tomorrow. Its definately easier to see a pattern when it's put together in one place.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: phoenix9884

yea im kinda upset i found this animation after i started that other thread . but i thought it deserved its own thread but would love to see it condensed into one thread

i think you would do a great job doing it

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Holy Mother WTF!??!!! Like about 4223 Quakes in about 6 yrs and 8 months!?

Man that's a Hell of a Lot a Shakin' !!!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

no

2008-2010 like 100 eqs

2010-2012 like 1000 eqs

2012-2014 like 4000 eqs

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I guess we just add this to the last of absolutely terrifying # that seems to be coming down the line at us?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I live in Northeast OK and personally did not feel the quake today, but it was only a 4.8 I believe. I talked to several people that did feel the EQ.

My mom grew up here and said she never really experienced as many earthquakes growing up, and that they seem to be getting more frequent. Could the increase in EQs be from fracking? Only time will tell.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: phoenix9884

)

Hehe well thanks and I might have to do it now. Too late tonight but first thing tomorrow. Its definately easier to see a pattern when it's put together in one place.

Both threads have good info by Phoenix & Nut.
S&F's
And so I can return later and read more... so I'm commenting to make it easier to come back.
Again thanks for the info.

edit on 13-11-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Ok, My Bad. Thanx for the correct count! Now it's even more of WTF?!?!?!? LOL!! I am not laughing at the people living there, just a nervous laugh at the shear magnitude of all this!!! Wow!!!!!!

Thanx, Syx.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I live in Tulsa, OK. Yesterday at 3:48PM we had a 4.8 quake. It only lasted about 5 seconds. It was not strong enough to do any damage. But it seems like Oklahoma has quite a few more than say 1970-2000. I do not know what to contribute this to. Most of these small quakes happen S.E of Tulsa almost to Oklahoma City. Why they seem to be centralized I do not have a reason for it.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

so i was looking around for info on the EQ today in oklahoma and i found this

its six years of EQs in oklahoma sped up

i just cant believe this is fracking

what do you think?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

perhaps the rider under the graphic explains more...

Shale basin and plays geographic data were retrieved from the U.S. Energy Information Administration and were current as of May 9, 2011.

seems outdated data to me

eta watch the counter closely

and if was fracking why is only oklahoma effected?

earthjustice.org...

perhaps the operators doing the fracking in OK have different methods or parameters in their fracking operations---i.e. more dangerous practices, like too shallow injection, too much pressure so that strata is ruptured instead of optimal pressure to recover the most dormant product which was in the past unrecoverable....
a case of too much too fast in search of a quick profit....

sorta like the Bison hunters that just shot them dead for the thrill

maybe the OK fracking operators are on the 'damn the torpedos---full steam ahead' approach

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Headshot
Also,interesting to note, there's another fault line in the state, it's the meers fault line. I live directly on top of it, it has been almost entirely silent during all of this, as far as I know.

Guessing you're by the Longhorn Burger shack in Meers? That place is great.

While I don't know either way whether or not this is fracking related, i will say this: The town of ~20,000 I live in has a H*lliburt*n Manufacturing center, that is almost the sole prop of the economy. And from what I've gathered from the locals who work for them... It's boom time. Massive recruitment efforts, and not due to being short-handed on staff. They're throwing up frack wells as fast as they can build them right now, along with other energy companies. Drill, baby, drill.

This is also the same H-word who polluted our town's water back in the 70's by burning surplus rocket fuel (as per gov contract) in an open pit, which also seeped into the groundwater supply. Not quite a Superfund site, but there are forty to fifty acres they have razor-wire fenced off and under 24/7 armed guard due to the pollution levels being so high where the burn pit was.

We all got a letter a few years ago about it after enough noise had been made, basically saying "known carcinogens and other toxins are present at 10-100x the acceptable limit... but, its all good. Keep drinking it, you'll be fiiiine." Paraphrasing here, of course.

edit on 11132014 by CloudsTasteMetallic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It's only the Chinese digging their 'oles again, they're going right round the world you know!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
No worries....it is just the US trying to split itself up. One side red, the other side blue......

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

What about the Mid-continent Rift? I was doing some looking around and came across This.

Here is a picture of the areas they are talking about.

If they are gravitating north it could be a possibility that it's connected. Maybe the fracking is disturbing this old fault?
Even if it's not connected, the article is a good read.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arduous

What about the Mid-continent Rift? I was doing some looking around and came across This.

Here is a picture of the areas they are talking about.

If they are gravitating north it could be a possibility that it's connected. Maybe the fracking is disturbing this old fault?
Even if it's not connected, the article is a good read.

The Humboldt fault along the Nemaha ridge would be a part of that drift so it's odd the activity is centralized to that area. I'm sure theres other factors at play. We may see activity increase along the entire drift soon as the plates move. I'm getting everything together to make a big thread.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: rival
The activity increases dramatically towards the end of the video.
I think you could draw an easy correleation to fracking as the
culprit, but you'd need a similar map showing the active fracking
sites and dates. It'd be worth looking into...

Made an overlay map of recent EQs and fracking, most of the recent EQs are not where fracking is happening in OK

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: phoenix9884

I can't wait to see the new thread!

I live just south of Ponca City and was on the phone with my mom in OKC yesterday when the quake hit. She didn't feel it there, but she and my aunt timed it from when I first yelled earthquake until it quit, and for me it lasted over a minute. Pictures were banging on the walls, my monitor was rocking on the desk pretty good, and there were two big jolts during the shaking. I have lived in Oklahoma my whole life and It is the biggest one I have felt here.

As for fracking being the cause, it is something I have looked into and seriously considered. My father in law is a no nonsense, tells it like he sees it, bull headed farmer, and if you ask him about fracking and quakes, he will tell you in not so polite terms "That is the big load of horse manure I've ever heard". He points out that they have been fracking here for a very long time and these quakes are a new thing for this area. The more quakes we experience, and the longer I live here and see the oil guys drilling new wells compared to how many wells were put in long ago, I have to say that I am starting to agree with him.

Just look at what has happened. Fracking was put out as a theory, and now it is the go-to answer for most who have any opinion on the matter, whether they have any scientific background or not. I cannot tell you how many of my Oklahoma friends on facebook posted stuff yesterday that started "Earthquake" then followed with "fracking". And most of them don't even know why they say it. It reminds me of the UFO community, where some think the government puts out info leaks about aliens/ufos as disinfo to cover up the black ops projects they are working on. Something weird in the sky? don't worry... it's just a UFO. Earthquakes in Oklahoma? Nothing to see here..... it's just fracking. The more frightening scenario is What if fracking isn't causing it? Where does that leave us?

~OkieDokie

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join