It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toe pain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Not much of a rant, tbh... but my toe has been hurting for like a week now and I have no idea why!!! I didn't do anything and it looks normal. This is driving me insane!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

It could be many things like diabetic neuropathy or even gout but you'll have to go to a doctor to be sure of anything.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Gout? That's what usually makes my husband's toe hurt.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Might be gout. Before I quit drinking, I would get it so badly I couldn't even put socks on or bend my knees, let alone think about walking. It'd last for like two weeks solid and then it'd fade away almost as suddenly as it came. It only happened to me twice in my entire life. The last time it happened, Naproxen Sodium seemed to work for it. That was about all that would touch it.
edit on 11 12 2014 by Nechash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Thanks, guys! I'll go to the doctor if it doesn't get any better by this weekend. I've been reading about gout and it looks like it, although it's not swollen at all (yet?), but I'll keep an eye on it. It gets worse at night and, until today, it seemed alright, but now it's a little red too. I guess it could be worse... at least it's not going to kill me.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Is it on the Knuckle of the big toe? Now I am no toe expert but, I have experienced a few toe injuries through football. If you have been active, it could possibly be turf toe. which is very painful, and I recommend Icing 20 min on and off for a few hours and staying off it as much as possible! But if you know for a fact it is not that, go see a doctor when you plan on doing so!

Feel better!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

I'm thinking gout or a mild sprain...my friend get the gout from seafood/shellfish

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

If it's gout get some cherry juice - natural. It should start feeling better pretty quick. Flushes the crystals from the joint. If its gout it's diet related
and

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It definitely sounds like gout. Shrimp and beer are both heavy contributors.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If this is gout there would be swelling. Heat would radiate about an inch off the toe. The slightest of anything towards your toe will send you screaming and wishing for death. If it is gout. Get some fresh cherries and prick holes in them with a needle. Put all the cherries in a tall mason jar and fill it full of Frangellico or some hazelnut liquor. Key to decent hazelnut liquor is it actually being made with real hazelnuts. Let that sit for or about 6 hours. Eat all the cherries and drink all the hooch. Take a nap or plan it so you can go to bed. When you wake drink a hot glass of water and rest your foot. It will heal and you will be from gout for a long time. I was a sufferer of gout. I was in northern Italy and this was told to me by an old fat monk. It really works.
edit on 12-11-2014 by BlastedCaddy because: Ts and such

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Gout comes to mind, a buildup of uric acid in the blood. Drink some coffee or tea, it should help. Have you changed something in your diet the last few weeks?

This is only one possibility, there are many.

I had a sore big toe for a couple of weeks about a month ago, I stubbed it on the leg of a coffee table when I was half asleep.
edit on 12-11-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18656028]Metallicus[/post
It definitely sounds like gout. Shrimp and beer are both heavy contributors.

So is red meat, I sure hope for your sake it's not gout because that's what its sounding like...
edit on 13/11/14 by gunshooter because: fricken predictive text!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
What everyone else said about gout, all good ideas (gout will feel like a pin stuck in the joint, it's exceedingly painful).

I just wanted to add that your shoes might be the culprit. Go barefoot as much as possible and if you've recently started wearing new shoes, make sure they're not a smidgen too tight or that your toenail isn't impinging on them.

I had plantar fasciitis that bothered me for over a year, finally went away when I bought new sneakers. Turns out it was the shoes all along, even though they fit well.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Ugh, I know how it is. I think my problem is a pinched nerve or something though. Ever since I've started working restaurant or grocery jobs, all of the standing has done something really weird to my right big toe and I haven't gotten it looked at yet.

At first, I had this sensation in it kind of like whenever you hit your funny bone only it was when I put weight on it. That weird nerve feeling persisted for a while and gradually changed into the entire toe having a significantly less amount of sensation. I can still move the toe and bend the joint and everything, and the sensation's not entirely gone, but it's diminished. I don't know why I haven't seen a doctor yet.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Something to know about gout:

If that's what it is, you don't want to ignore it. Letting those uric acid crystals build up in your joint will destroy it over time.

top topics

join