It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy 11/11... the 11:11 phenomena revisited

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I like it better in Hexadecimal. So "11/11/2014 11:11:11" is "B/B/7DE B:B:B"
A lot easier to write, and much less busy.
If we had eight fingers on each hand, this is probably the way we would write it!
edit on 11-11-2014 by charlyv because: spelling

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I'm always the skeptic but there is something to 11:11, my sister, daughter and myself have been seeing it for about 15 years, one time my daughter gave me her bank card and asked me to stop at an ATM to see how much money she had in the bank, she said it might be 25 cents, I haven't checked in a long time, I checked.... she had $111.11 in her account!
I have this older go to work Saturn and was driving and thinking about how it has been pretty dependable for a car with.......and looked at the odometer and it was just turning 111111.11 (the last 2 digits are tenths of a mile and it was just going from 10 to 11!)
I can't count the times I have had a clock show 11:11 that was powered off and I happened to look at it when the real time was hours different (proving it isn't our built in clock. Example: in the computer room a digital clock fell behind the desk and in the 2 months we had several power outages I was cleaning the room and pulled it up and it showed 11:11 (there wasn't any battery backup either).
I don't know what's going on regarding numbers but here is something to file away, next time you are watching a movie, notice how if they need a number it will almost ALWAYS be 22, even if someone is at some apartment houses the apt 22 will usually be in the background. I was watching a movie with my wife and a guy asked a girl on the movie when she was born and she said November and I said it along with her "22nd" even TBN made a stupid end-of-world scenario produced by the late (not great) Paul Crouch (sic?) of TBN (that has made a fortune stealing sick peoples money who thinks they can buy their way into heaven) it had Michael York on it called the Omega Code in the movie they asked how many troops they had and it was, you guessed it 22,000!
Once you start noticing the 22 in movies you get used to it you see it so much!
What is it all about? Not sure if it's good or evil.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You do not understand the meaning of a statistical anomaly then since you ask me if I've ever seen 11:17?
Hint: the significance is in the ratio.

The difference between us is experience, experience that you lack, that I do not. It is that simple.

Let's use an analogy to make this simple, if you were to try to find out information about a certain cave without visiting it and had two people to rely on, one with personal experience of this cave, and one without. Assuming they're both truthful, who would you question and which view would be more credible to you?

In my experience you can't deal with reason if it doesn't validate your views on reality, a very limited view on reality I might add. See, you pretend to speak with reason on subjects you have no experience of. The fact that you have no experience in these subjects disqualifies you from the start, that's the part you have trouble accepting.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

The difference between us is experience, experience that you lack, that I do not. It is that simple.

But I have seen 11:11 on the clock numerous times. So your experience argument is simply false. So far, it seems to be the only argument you are able to muster, in not only this, but every topic I’ve tried to reason with you thus far.

“You don’t know” and “You lack experience” are without merit. These are fallacious, and because you state them does not mean that I am wrong and that you are right. Rather, the over abundance of fallacies in your rhetoric are signs of deception, guile and trickery. It is borderline dishonesty. If you are unable to provide a reason to me or others, you are unable to provide it even to yourself, and perhaps you leave it up to your base desires to choose for you. A topic that you claim you are so much more experienced then I, yet you cannot even discuss it. Don’t worry, human folly is a beautiful thing.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I just got a text from my best friend... haven't talked to her in months. The time stamp on the text? 17:17. Organic synchronicity, or something else. Who knows. It is strange and weird, so perfect for ATS.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
I like it better in Hexadecimal. So "11/11/2014 11:11:11" is "B/B/7DE B:B:B"
A lot easier to write, and much less busy.
If we had eight fingers on each hand, this is probably the way we would write it!

Good thing... the Dewey Decimal system would have been a mess!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Does it happen 10 times a day? 15? 20 times a day? (Talking general synchronicity here)
At times it can get so intense that it's essentially continuous.

Would you find that significant?

It's the only argument needed, really. It gets stronger when you view it through a holistic lens though.

They are without merit, but you fail to deliver the actual argument as to why that is. So why is my reasoning without merit?

Why should someone that lacks experience have more credibility than one who has such experience?

I think my analogy is quite apt and you haven't at all explained why it is flawed.

I can't prove mysticism to you, we've been over this, but you haven't delved into mysticism, at all. This in my opinon disqualifies you from having a learned and balanced opinion. You can not say the same of me, I have heard most of the arguments materialists throw around, it's nothing new.

So what we have here is a person refusing to do any actual investigation, that still wants to have an opinion on a subject.
Though in this case, it may be hard to try to experience synchronicity, but this isn't an isolated argument, this is a red line throughout most of all your threads. It's always the same story.

What was that Einstein said? Oh yeah: "Condemnation without investigation is the highest form of ignorance."

I think you continually keep taking that price, congratulations.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

Does it happen 10 times a day? 15? 20 times a day? (Talking general synchronicity here)
At times it can get so intense that it's essentially continuous.

Would you find that significant?

It's the only argument needed, really. It gets stronger when you view it through a holistic lens though.

They are without merit, but you fail to deliver the actual argument as to why that is. So why is my reasoning without merit?

Why should someone that lacks experience have more credibility than one who has such experience?

I think my analogy is quite apt and you haven't at all explained why it is flawed.

I can't prove mysticism to you, we've been over this, but you haven't delved into mysticism, at all. This in my opinon disqualifies you from having a learned and balanced opinion. You can not say the same of me, I have heard most of the arguments materialists throw around, it's nothing new.

So what we have here is a person refusing to do any actual investigation, that still wants to have an opinion on a subject.
Though in this case, it may be hard to try to experience synchronicity, but this isn't an isolated argument, this is a red line throughout most of all your threads. It's always the same story.

What was that Einstein said? Oh yeah: "Condemnation without investigation is the highest form of ignorance."

I think you continually keep taking that price, congratulations.

If it weren't such a pervasive thing, this would not be a topic. Yet, it is... many ATSers have been touched by it. Please don't be so dismissive Les ... 11:11 happens

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

It is now 11:11 p.m.

Looks like we made it....

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

it's not an argument unfortunately. As I said it is fallacious. How many times I need to point this out is anyone's guess. What I lack experience in is jumping to rash infomprehensible conclusions made by self-proclaimed authorities. You far exceed my experience in that. Congratulations.

You tell the universe is trying to tell you something but fail to provide any kind of reasoning whatsoever how you've reached that conclusion. You tell me mysticism is a path to truth but fail to provide any reasoning whatsoever why you believe that to be true. In other words, your assertions are groundless, based on nothing whatsoever besides perhaps your own credulity.

All I ask is that you provide a reason why you make these assertions, why anyone might believe what you're telling them is the honest truth. Why should anyone believe you? No one will believe you if you simply claim you are an authority on the subject and that they should blindly listen. I have asked you these simple questions countless times, but still, more fallacious song and dance, the mark of a charlatan.

If you can provide no reason for your conclusions, tell me. That will be the end of it. All I ask for is a little honesty.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

What does 11:11 mean to you, my friend?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Fortunately, you claiming that something is fallacious doesn't make it so, that's not how things work.

Your rebuttals consists of you ignoring most of my points and then claiming I'm wrong.

If this isn't about significant statistical anomalies, then how come thousands(probably millions) of normal people feel a marked difference in experience separating 'pre-synchronicity times' from 'post-synchronicity times'?
They go through all of their lives never experiencing anything like this, and then all of a sudden they do. They're not just looking at the clock more often, give them more credit than that, they're not that stupid, WE are not that stupid.

You've got two supposed skeptics just on this thread alone that say they're ordinarily not the kind of persons that would believe in this type of stuff, yet they have found this synchronicity significant enough.

This is credible because all major spiritual traditions on Earth validate this type of thinking, they validate this view on the world. That consciousness is more than just an emergent property of matter. Something that both US and Soviet secret projects delved into heavily during the Cold War. Spooky action at a distance.. It surely would explain a lot if quantum effects could occur on a macroscopic level. It would go hand in hand with all the ancient wisdom. It would explain virtually all paranormal phenomena under the Sun, something which official or materialistic science hasn't been able to accomodate. The fact that science can't accommodate these phenomena under a framework does not invalidate them, it invalidates the theory if it can't expand to accommodate or explain all phenomena under it's aegis.

Spiritual traditions that have been painstakingly modelled for thousands of years support this narrative, it is the only explanation that would come even close to explaining 'supernatural' phenomena.

You can't isolate one little part of this giant puzzle and then nag it to death with incessant skepticism, to have some kind of chance at making sense of this you have to look at the big picture.

So far you've ignored my cave analogy,
you've ignored the demarcation between before and after experiencers experience,
you've ignored how this would be a statistical anomaly by any definition of the term,
you've ignored the correlation with ancient wisdom,
you've ignored the larger body of other assorted phenomena that would support this narrative,
and you've ignored the circumstantial evidence of millions of people.

Now, what reason do YOU have for your conclusion? Not only do you have to ignore all this circumstantial evidence and the millions of people that have experienced this, but you have to come up with a theory that can cover ALL the bases.

Good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

What does 11:11 mean to you, my friend?

11:11 is a "wake up" call. I can't help that I see it everywhere. The thing is, a lot of us DO see it. Everywhere. It is a "thing"; sorry you have been left out...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Now it's 8 am on the 12th, and I have to say, something weird did happen yesterday!

I always plug my phone in to the charger next to my bed. When I woke up, I grabbed it to see what time it was, and it said
23:11. (which is, of course 11:11). I went into my preferences and found there was nothing changed on my settings, the time should have continued setting itself as usual and show the correct time.
When I went back to the main screen, it was back to the real time 7 Am.

But I have no idea how it stopped at 11:11 last night. I went to bed about 10:30. I did not turn the phone off or anything.

I have nothing to conclude on this.

I go through periods where I am seeing repeating digits (not only 11:11, but 12:12, 1:11, 2:22....etc.). But those are always a matter of when I happen to look at a clock, so an explanation most likely lies in my own subconscious. I have never had a clock stop by itself at such a time.

Just strange. *shrug*
On with the day....
edit on 12-11-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
When among the winners they celebrate the end of WW1 on 11/11, in Germany, guess what's taking place on that date ?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
11/11 represents twin flame soul! 11 is duality!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Allow me to hold your hand while I walk you through the forrest of your fallacy.

Because a majority of people believe something does not make it true. The majority of people once thought the earth was flat. Pushing this argument is a fallacy known as argumentum ad populum. Widespread acceptance does not justify a belief. This is an example of group think, or the bandwagon effect.

Because in your conjecture I lack experience in feeling a sense of self-importance when I see the time 11:11, does not mean I am wrong. I do not lack credibility because I do not experience the same feeling of self importance when I look at the clock you and others do, nor am I wrong because I do not believe the universe is sending me messages when I look at the clock. This is an appeal to authority. You may cite as many so-called authorities as you wish, or repudiate my arguments because I am so-called inexperienced, but you will be committing this fallacy every time, and it is obvious to rational minds. This is not only poor argumentation, but a form of intellectual tyranny and dictatorship. I will not believe you or any spiritual leader simply because you say I have to, and I hope any sovereign mind would do so.

Because you look at or glance at clock at a certain time in no way justifies the belief that the universe is trying to tell you something. There is no logical, reasonable, nor empirical evidence that suggests because you see a certain pattern in a clock, a calendar, or a random set of numbers, that the universe is telling you something. This is a fallacy known as post hoc ergo propter hoc. It is magical thinking. Correlation does not imply causation.

Because you accept only the purely anecdotal evidence of those who share your beliefs, but refuse to acknowledge, and likely suppress, the evidence, arguments and logic of those who do not share your beliefs, you employ cherry picking. This is confirmation bias. There are far greater, far more reasonable, explanations of this phenomena, for instance apophenia, which has a far higher degree of explanatory power and evidential support. When we look in the clouds we sometimes see animals. This does not mean actual animals are floating in the sky.

You’ve evaded my arguments and attempted to discredit me countless times. This is argumentum ad hominem. This is an attempt to steer the argument away from your unjustified conclusions, onto me as a person, as a poor attempt to discredit my arguments by discrediting me. My previous threads, my opinions on other subjects, my lack of credibility, my beliefs, have nothing to do with the subject under discussion.

So far you've ignored my cave analogy,

Appealing to anecdotal evidence is fallacious. Scientific measures have been proven again and again, countless times, to be more accurate than personal experiences. I ignore only your poor reasoning.

you've ignored the demarcation between before and after experiencers experience,

See above. Also see argumentum ad populum. I ignore only your poor reasoning.

you've ignored how this would be a statistical anomaly by any definition of the term,

Argumentum ad populum, base-rate fallacy, anecdotal evidence, cherry picking, confirmation bias. I ignore only poor reasoning.

you've ignored the correlation with ancient wisdom,

Cherry picking, confirmation bias, post hoc ergo proctor hoc, avoiding the question fallacy.

you've ignored the larger body of other assorted phenomena that would support this narrative,

I will consider any evidence. Show me one study that has given a positive result when it comes to numerology.

and you've ignored the circumstantial evidence of millions of people.

Argumentum ad populum. What circumstantial evidence? Even Jung's evidence is anecdotal. I hope you've read it.

What you and others are here sharing in this thread are your own personal feelings when you witness a pattern. That's it. If it makes you happy, I think it is awesome that you and others have these sorts of feelings. But when personal feelings and opinions are pushed as signs of something beyond feelings, certain rational measures must be taken.

If truth is of any importance to you, LaughingGod, we need to set a level ground where you and I can reason as equals, not as unequals. Let's work together not so others will submit to our own feelings, but for truth, no matter how many people will be offended in the process. I do not doubt that many people feel a profound sense of self-importance when they see patterns in numbers and nature, and they have every right to their experiences and conclusions, but if they are pushed beyond that as fact, knowledge, and that everyone should adhere to these conclusions without justification for doing so, one should suspect them rather than respect them. Deny ignorance and all that.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It is a "thing"; sorry you have been left out...

I prefer to go where there are no clocks. I'm sorry you've been left in...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
When I started seeing recurring numbers it was happening so often that I had to google why it was happening and that's when I realised that it happens to lots and lots of people !
The thing is that we people wouldn't want to believe something which can't be explained until it happens to us. I BET if God itself ( half male/half female ) came and introduced itself, there would be those who'd come up with theories like hallucinations, holograms, Aliens and what not.
Is it not said that mathematics would be the only universal language ? So why would someone from a higher realm not want to communicate in this language ??

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

My argument is not an appeal to popularity, it's an appeal to recognise the anecdotal evidence of millions of people, something that isn't proof in itself but very well could point in that direction.

A feeling of self-importance has nothing to do with this, that is your conjecture.

I have never once said you have to believe me, even more conjecture on your part.

In our experience, using reasoning, this not only appears as a statistical anomaly, it is a statistical anomaly. The probability of it happening by chance alone is probably one in the trillions. This is meaningful. For you it might not mean anything, since you haven't experienced it, but for us it's enough of an anomaly to be an indication of something meaningful, and if science were an abstract entity experiencing something similar to such a degree I'm sure it would find it meaningful too.

This wouldn't constitute proof in itself, but the surrounding data pointing to similar conclusions would tip the scale in favour of something meaningful.

Oh, haha, like you wouldn't be guilty of cherry picking? Your whole persona is biased in the extreme. You wouldn't find a unicorn and big foot brawling in your living room significant.

If I ignore the evidence and logic of positivist explanations it is only because I've experienced things that would turn that philosophy on its head and send it to an early death if it was ever quantified. I don't only think it's wrong because I find it funny or because I need comforting, I know it's wrong because it's been evident for a long time and proven to me countless times, I therefore come from a position you haven't had the privilege of coming from. Empirical evidence by any definition of the word - through experience, TO ME, not to you, TO ME. You never seem to understand that part.

What circumstantial evidence? Millions of people experiencing something is circumstantial evidence.

This isn't neccessarily related to numerology, in the larger framework this is about the fluidity of reality.

Once again you attack us personally by implying that this is all about self-importance, and you accuse me of ad-hominem attacks. This in itself shows how biased you are, in your mind it can only be about our arrogance, our so called self-importance, there's no possibility of you being wrong, our experiences are null, we're just a bunch of self-important irrational crazy people that haven't heard of apophenia or pareidolia.

I never recall saying everyone should adhere to these conclusions, since you're so fond of pointing out logical fallacies, let me point this one out for you, it's called a strawman.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join