It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote all you want. The Secret government won't change.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I kind of get a laugh over all the hand-wringing over the last few days about the election results.

Many here get it, but some still don't.

THE LEFT/RIGHT DICOTOMY IS A FALSE PARADIGM.

Even many well-known guests have said it on here, one of the latest being J. Ventura. I know he is not an intellectual giant, but he has experienced the corridors of power like none here have, and I believe he is a true patriot - to the US Constitution.

Anyway, great article with some good links for those who are open minded about discovering the truth behind the false left/right paradigm.

You know something is going on when the cautious Boston Globe publishes not one, but two, pieces dealing with the “double government.”

The article

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

There is no escape, the only thing to do for the common is to pretend all is fine. What a #ed up world and some still think it is the epitome of an evolved society? Ah i dare say the middle age was a way better time than today. But i wouldnt switch my place for all the gold in the world because after all, we are living a singularity whether it is known or not.

And OP you are aware to some extent of the worldwide mind manipulations. They researched the field quite a bit. What do you think can be done at this point to change the course of humanity? It isnt going well, obviously. When you prioritize materialism over environment, it cant work for long especially with this level of pollution and insanity. So do you got an idea? Or did you post this article only to deepen the despair of those who will read you?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It's the perfect system for maintaining power. Anything more than 2 parties can't work, and with 1 party most Americans might catch on ( sadly some might not). But 2 gives the illusion that the people have freedom of choice.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Just about every position up for election had a third party candidate. It may have been Libertarian or plain no party affiliation. The truth is they don't get many votes 3 to 7% at best. That is to be expected because most people I see complaining about the two party system don't vote so that is that.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: _damon

There is no escape, the only thing to do for the common is to pretend all is fine. What a #ed up world and some still think it is the epitome of an evolved society? Ah i dare say the middle age was a way better time than today. But i wouldnt switch my place for all the gold in the world because after all, we are living a singularity whether it is known or not.

And OP you are aware to some extent of the worldwide mind manipulations. They researched the field quite a bit. What do you think can be done at this point to change the course of humanity? It isnt going well, obviously. When you prioritize materialism over environment, it cant work for long especially with this level of pollution and insanity. So do you got an idea? Or did you post this article only to deepen the despair of those who will read you?

My aim is not to try to deepen the despair. My aim is to first awaken people, to the reality they live in, and to realize how we all have been brainwashed.

I do have a plan, but that is for another thread I am working on. Needless to say it involves raising our consciousness and minimizing the ego, IMO that is the ONLY way through this mess.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Just about every position up for election had a third party candidate. It may have been Libertarian or plain no party affiliation. The truth is they don't get many votes 3 to 7% at best. That is to be expected because most people I see complaining about the two party system don't vote so that is that.

IF people thought that 3rd party candidates had a chance to win then you might see them get more votes. I have had my relatives tell me that I am 'throwing away my vote' when I vote for Libertarians because they can't win. They prefer to vote for the 'lesser of two evils' than to take a chance on something different.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

They prefer to vote for the 'lesser of two evils' than to take a chance on something different.

I think that's the way most American's think. They're afraid to vote for a 3rd candidate because it may give more votes for the other evil party. It's a shame that theses two parties have a strangle hold on the majority of voters minds. I cringe when I see and hear republicans patting themselves on the back because they think the majority of voters approve of their politics. You can have a candidate that the majority of Americans can relate to, yet they won't vote for them because, like you said, they think they're throwing their vote away.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I have had people tell me the same thing but I don't give up. At least when I vote 3rd party it registers as I am someone not satisfied with the two party system. I don't think the 3rd parties don't have a chance because just by looking at voter turnout you can see the majority do not care for the two party it is just that they seem to be defeatists and have given up instead of being counted.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
"We have the best government that money can buy."

- Mark Twain

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I like Jesse but we don't always see eye to eye. That's okay because our hearts are in the right place. He has more experience seeing the devil for what it is because he's walked the walk. That being said, the system is broke. I don't care for voting for the lesser of two evils anymore. I want a true honest to goodness politician. I'll vote for that.

Donate to the Whitehouse Lobbying fund. Pick your cause and pay your master.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
"We have the best government that money can buy."

- Mark Twain

So true.
Since Reagan the presidential candidate
who spent the most money on the campaign won.
And people say capitalism doesn't work....

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

To awaken people, how many times did i hear that.. Internet has existed for roughly 25years now. Seems like this awakening process is taking forever to happen. Lets get real it wont work. With the new technology and the direction all society took, people are less and less able of this utopic awakening you talk of. Paradoxically a true awakened if that is ever possible in this day and age, would rather become very detached from the problems of the world, because such entity would see most things for what they really are.

Try to put yourself in the shoes of god, lets just pretend. He knows the whole thing and how it works, he got all answers to everything and is omnipresent. How boring would that be to watch defenseless less-than-dust little creatures wondering even less than the basics of existence and despairing over unsignificant things or going constantly in the wrong directions all in the while denying true freedom, true Free Will? This god would pity these little ants so much he just wouldnt give a damn. Thats how a true awakened would likely be. Cause things aint what they seem to be and when you know it, you come to see how petty and bothersome little human games are.

Yeah love and compassion are great?! Unfortunaly thats not how the awakening process works, if that can be narrowed to such. A real awakening makes you go over things like emotions and duality and other subjective notions. It basically destroys the foundations of your sanity and being to the point it makes madness looks like heaven in comparison. And thats why there are so few "awakened". It aint for everybody. Free Will is infinite and it takes a toll on your mind when you can truly fathom it.

The only way this would be possible worldwide and im talking about an event that wouldnt have been predicted and created by the masterminds, the only way would be a born leader with unheard of charisma and genius, which would happen to choose to support the right side (as if there is any..) and whose sense of justice uncorrupted and genuine. In short it would requires a mythological hero to save the day...

You see that happen? I do not.
edit on 12-11-2014 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Voting for the lesser evil is still voting for evil. Until the masses stop succombing to fear/defeatism there won't be any real change in politics.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: _damon

You make some good points.

I had success and riches in my life, but I never felt fulfilled, I was always searching, had at times quite a bit of anxiety, then I had some losses and suffering. Luckily, I didn't lose anyone close to me, others have suffered world's more, but the distance from what I started out with to where I ended up was great. At that point I had zero spirituality in my life, and I decided I needed some so I went on a search.

To make a long story short, I eventually discovered, though it took a few years, about consciousness and the ego. I have attempted since then, with success and failure, to just be aware of my ego, and I have found, as many of the great sages have said, that this practice will naturally raise your consciousness. When you are aware of ego by definition it is no longer unconscious.

In this way you naturally start to feel more connected to everyone and everything. When you feel more connected (love) to everyone and everything, you do what naturally feels right for everyone and everything. Of course this doesn't happen overnight, I still have some selfish tendencies, but much less than before, and they dwindle.

So when you feel this way, you are more inclined to take correct action for the whole, but be less attached to the consequences for that is just ego.

This is the road to peace of mind, enlightenment, IMO. Since I have started down this path, my immune system has improved, I haven't been sick once (for a few years). Being on the older side of 40, before this I would get a cold a couple times a year, and maybe the flu once or twice a decade. Now I can feel sicknesses coming on, but they never develop, and go away. This is nothing magical, when you have peace of mind you have much less or almost no anxiety in your life, and this obviously helps your immune system. I have also lost my fear of death, and I think a subconscious fear of death in most people contributes to raise their overall anxiety which contributes to immune system suppression.

Many people have seen these changes in me, and ask me how it happened, and I refer to some of the most impactful books that I have read, though there have been many in my search. Probably the most influential for me was "A new Earth, Awakening to your Life's Purpose" by Eckhart Tolle, I have listened to this book over 50x. But there are other books and teachers with similar messages.

So I have already influenced many people, in the classic way of "be the change you want to see".

What made me even look in these directions? Well it was websites like these, alternative and conspiracy websites, which have many jewels in the rough in terms of posters and threads, sometimes you just stumble across them. Without these websites and posters, it probably would have taken me much longer, if ever to come across the great info and resources on consciousness and the ego and many other related topics. So if these people had never tried, I would still be stuck in my old reality. I don't have to change the world, that would be great, but to awaken just one person would make it worth my while. Most things start like that, with just one person. I am eternally grateful others tried and I found their attempts.

I know for sure that if you give up and don't try you definitely won't awaken anybody.

It is true when you become awakened you become somewhat detached from the world. However, because you care about the whole, you stay involved. For sure there are some downsides, you will probably lose some friends (I did), and finding a partner of the opposite sex just became much harder, because you can only be with someone else who is somewhat or fully awakened and "gets it". However, as you minimize your ego, you care less about these things. And if your child or children are young enough, you can teach them what is important in life, and who knows how many they will touch?

I completely disagree about awakening destroying your sanity. I don't know if it makes you more sane, but in my experience it makes most of the rest of the world appear for the most part insane, or at least lost. How can gaining peace of mind make you insane? Isn't complete peace of mind the goal of most psychology, psychiatry, therapy etc? And complete or being on the road to peace of mind is what you get with TRUE awakening. My friend, if you haven't gotten peace of mind, I'm sorry to say with no judgement you haven't fully awakened, only partially.

I disagree again that it has to be one person that will change the world today, it could be; Jesus, Buddha and others seemed to be that way and tried in their times, but with the internet we don't really need that. How many people do you know now that are truly awakened? Maybe 1% or less? But how many have the potential? I think a very large percentage have the potential, probably up to at least 50%. And at what percentage awakened would we start to see major changes in the world? 5%? 10%?

I you haven't, I suggest you read Eckhart Tolle's book, "A New Earth, Awakening to you Life's Purpose", his other one is good but not as good (The Power of Now).

Remember, there is no good and bad, only your thoughts make it so.

edit on 14-11-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

edit on 14-11-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

3rd party voting threatens the republicans much more than it does dems in most races. Most 3rd party folks know this so vote republican so a dem wont get the office. The Tea Party made a good showing a few years back knocking off both republicans and democrats. We cant overlook that when figuring the status of 3rd parties of late.

It just may be that no significant numbers care much for most 3rd parties like the libertarians ect. Other 3rd parties have been at work hard for years to do what the fledgling Tea Party did a few years ago.

top topics

join