It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter to the Politcal Parties

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Dear Democrats:

We are sorry for having to take the government away from you. We understand you do not understand why. Please let us explain.

There is nothing wrong with your message. We are hearing you. You do not need to strategize about how to say what you want to say. You need to strategize about what it is you want to do. Congress is not yours; it is ours. We let you run it for a good while, but we do want some results eventually.

We want to be able to get a good job and make a good living. That doesn't mean we want minimum wage and lower hours. Minimum wage is always going to be low wages, regardless of how many dollars you define it to be. It's minimum, after all. We want to be appreciated, accepted, and acknowledged with enough money to send our kids to school, get a nice house, and pay our bills on time every month without worrying about it constantly. In order to do this, we need some people to make things so there are good jobs to do.

We want the option of starting our own business. We can't do that when you make it expensive. We want the playing field level, not elevated.

We don't want you telling us what to buy with the money we make. We made it, so we get to spend it.

Speaking of spending, we don't want you to take more money from us than you have to. We're big buys and girls, and we can decide to spend our money on which movement or charity or company.

We want to make things again. I know you like dealing with foreign governments and helping them out, but we the people need some of that pie too. Please quit giving it all away before we get a taste.

We don't want to fight any more. We understand how much you like creating these war zones and sending our children into them, but we're a little tired of it. We send our children to you to defend our country, not to carry out idealistic agendas or manipulate foreign governments.

We want results, not promises. We've heard your promises. You promise us things every couple of years. We're still waiting for results.

If you are unsure of why we elect you to run the government, we have prepared a document that tells you what to do. We call it the "Constitution." Please take a few moments and read it; it's much smaller than any of the bills you propose. When you are reading it, please have a dictionary handy. We consider it an insult when you try to make it say what you want it to say instead of what it clearly says. You can try to change it to say something else if you want, but you need to read the parts that concern amendments before you start.

Get back with us when you understand this letter.

Dear Republicans:

Don't think we like you or trust you. We are just giving you a chance to prove yourself. You have two years to try and make positive progress. Please don't waste them.

We The People

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Permission for any and all reproduction and distribution of the above is hereby granted without restriction.

TheRedneck

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Don't sign that with anything other than YOUR name.

I didn't vote for ANY of those idiots, and don't expect anything different than what we've already been getting from them.

Dems. GOP. Same guys. Vote for anyone else. These guys all represent the status quo.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Thank you for the letter, Redneck: first F&S. May many follow.
You hit every point of the subject matter better than D.W.
Schultz could be allowed. We all got the message something
was amiss when apathy became the blues... long before the
script.

Things have gone wrong in so many places, there aren't enough
fingers to point on both sides of the aisle.
For the Republicans as well, our time is short for a remedy
to all that is wrong. Maybe that purple buzzard is for the first
time scared of a third party coalescing around the crater.

I'm just glad somebody said all this who has more than fifty
buttons on his internal calculator... saves space.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

I did. We The People IS my name, as much as it is anyone else's. I share it with 350+ million other citizens of the USA.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I did. We The People IS my name, as much as it is anyone else's. I share it with 350+ million other citizens of the USA.

TheRedneck

No. We The People voted.

You TheRedneck wrote a letter and attributed meaning to those votes.

Huge difference.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It seems the Democrats feel the Constitution is outdated and irrelevant.

I have zero faith the Republicans will seize the moment.

More than likely this will turn into two years of investigations.

I appreciate your letter. You nailed it.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I would just like to clarify your response.

Are you saying that my opinion is worth less than someone else's? Are you saying that my vote was irrelevant? Are you saying that I should not express my political opinions (which happen to be those of the majority in the area in which I live) as a citizen of the USA?

Are you saying I should sit down and shut up?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I keep coming on here and hearing the arguments about how minimum wage raises create inflation. (That means the same amount of money buys less and less) Here's a chart, the minimum wage was created in 1938. Gold standard went away, and money printing began around 1970:
www.businessinsider.com...
So when did all the crazy inflation start? Around 1938? Not so much. Its really around 1970.

This inflationary rate, where everyone's paycheck buys less and less, is caused by money printing at the top, which goes out as loans to powerful financial interests. Its BECAUSE of this that the minimum wage needs to raise, just to get it up to the levels it used to be at!
edit on 9-11-2014 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

A reasoned, sensible, rational letter.

Government is the heavy-drinking abusive husband and we (the people) are the abused wife.

Right now the government is hoping that flowers and a nice card will make things all better again, and ignoring the pleas to quit drinking and abusing.

SnF

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I think you should have added some emphatic profanity, put some emotion behind what you're saying man.

It's not the seat at the movies we're paying for, it's the 'refreshments' to keep us sitting through the drama.

amend...?
Give us something with substance for once, or walk away the failure(s) you are!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I would just like to clarify your response.

Are you saying that my opinion is worth less than someone else's? Are you saying that my vote was irrelevant? Are you saying that I should not express my political opinions (which happen to be those of the majority in the area in which I live) as a citizen of the USA?

Are you saying I should sit down and shut up?

TheRedneck

I'm saying that you don't speak for The People. The People speak for the People. I'm saying that if you want to write a letter to your government, you do what the Founding Fathers did and you sign YOUR NAME to it, not OUR NAME to it.

www.archives.gov...
edit on 9-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

TheRedneck,the only way I would agree to sign this is if you were to reformat to include both parties from the beginning of the letter. If we are to truly 'Deny Ignorance' then lets get totally honest about this. I don't think it was even so much that people were upset with Democrats as it was people were upset with the status quo. The Senate may be new for them but the Republicans have had the congress for quite a while now. In polls taken for the past year and half, congress got a no vote from the people. Congress blocked and fought till it was down right silly.And they did it at OUR cost. The congress is there to keep our president in check.Not just to make him look bad because that tends to backfire. When you go out of your way to make someone else look bad,it tends to make you look bad instead,and people feel sorry for the person you did it too. People would feel sorry for Obama except he pulled his stuff too and spent the rest of his time golfing. Reformat and I might sign it,don't and I can't get this a yes vote.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I came across this...

Seemed to apply.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Most of us lose whether the Democrats win or not.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

Agreed...

The GOP didn't win because they have a fantastic plan for America.

Voters fired Obama.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is a very strong declaration and crystallized my thoughts exactly. I think you came the closest to explaining the truth behind what we saw last Tuesday.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: AgentShillington

Agreed...

The GOP didn't win because they have a fantastic plan for America.

Voters fired Obama.

Voters didn't fire Obama. Voters got suckered into thinking that the GOP is going to change anything about the fundamental way that the current government works. It's not. This isn't about Liberals and Conservatives. If it were, we wouldn't have HUGE margins of disapproval at both parties. What do both parties have in common? They're Corporatists. In this post-capitalist society, we move ever closer to a two-party fascist state.

This is bad.
edit on 9-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Not an American.

But, can you send a copy up to Canada? Just a few tweaks on party names but essentially the same.

I believe a few other Countries will need a copy as well. Just in case.

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Dear Republicans:

Don't think we like you or trust you. We are just giving you a chance to prove yourself.

Why? Hasn't "We the People" (which, I'll have to agree with Shillington, does not include me) seen this movie over and over and over again?

You know the ending. Disappointment and further disillusionment. The only thing they will prove themselves to be is exactly who we already know they are. And two years, or four or six, down the road, you'll give them a "chance" again. And they'll piss all over your rights as a human being again. And then you'll give them another "chance". And they'll do it to you again.

Don't you understand? They've got you by the short and curlies and you're just asking them to pull harder.

Anyway. Yeah, leave me out of it. I'm not going to plead with these people, or ask them for anything, or give them the benefit of the doubt. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me dozens of times about the same exact thing every couple years or so?

That's delusional. No more chances.
edit on 11/9/14 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

TheRedneck,the only way I would agree to sign this is if you were to reformat to include both parties from the beginning of the letter. If we are to truly 'Deny Ignorance' then lets get totally honest about this. I don't think it was even so much that people were upset with Democrats as it was people were upset with the status quo. The Senate may be new for them but the Republicans have had the congress for quite a while now. In polls taken for the past year and half, congress got a no vote from the people. Congress blocked and fought till it was down right silly.And they did it at OUR cost. The congress is there to keep our president in check.Not just to make him look bad because that tends to backfire. When you go out of your way to make someone else look bad,it tends to make you look bad instead,and people feel sorry for the person you did it too. People would feel sorry for Obama except he pulled his stuff too and spent the rest of his time golfing. Reformat and I might sign it,don't and I can't get this a yes vote.

Why don't you reformat it yourself and sign it any old way you want and send it to whomever you want? Are your fingers broken? I can't believe people are whining and complaining about the wording. It's more an opinion and his interpretation of what is wrong and what he wants and thinks many others would agree.

S&F Redneck for putting into words what many of us DO feel but maybe aren't articulate enough to write. Thank you.
edit on 9-11-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join