It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking # Ferguson Decision On Whether To Indict Darren Wilson Expected Tonight…

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The only place I'm seeing a announcement for tonight is on twitter and that can't be trusted, its close to 6 pm in St Louis now so its unlikely they are gonna announce anything tonight. I have heard a possible announcement on the 10th, but I dunno.

Don't think the protests are not having a effect because they are:

St. Louis launches major campaign to recruit minority police officers

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)-The city of St. Louis has launched a major campaign to recruit more minority police officers. Mayor Francis Slay has joined forces with the St. Louis branch of the NAACP, African-American police officers, and the Public Safety Department to create a more diverse workforce. Not only for police, but throughout the Department of Public Safety.

Slay says the initiative has been in the works for months, but the unrest in Ferguson created a greater sense of urgency to launch it.

“The shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson has really raised to the surface and has magnified issues like test between the police department and the community and issues of fairness and diversity and racial inequality.”

fox2news
edit on 7-11-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

Businesses are being advised to close

That tells me the officer will not be charged and they are expecting trouble.
Personally, I don't think whether he is charged or not would bring any different result. Riot if he is, riot if he's not.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think the store incident is probably one of many times he bullied people to get his way. Doesn't mean punishment for those actions is death. But attacking a cop is a very bad move on a person's part. I do believe he let his bullying mindset put him in a position to assault the cop. That's seem to be backed up by evidence. Poor judgement.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

But what 'evidence' has been released that supports that besides second hand leaks?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

They do need to let this die down before they announce that they are not going to peruse wilson.

Like they been doing already. Thats been part of the problem and why people there are so upset. It doesn't take this long unless like you say they are hoping it will 'cool off'. That could back fire on the authorities and be seen as more proof of malfeasance on the police and law givers parts.

Cause cops never get perused for killing someone one especially when its a cops word vs a dead guys.

Especially and in light of no video. How many incidents where there was video did it go to trial (or riot)?

They better play their next card reeeal careful.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I remember hearing he was booed in Ferguson after asking for donations and passing around a collection plates.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Found some info that was posted today.

It appears they may be getting ready for something.

National Guard Helicopters in Sky Over St. Louis Heading to Ferguson

much more here

edit on 7-11-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Update: ???

“The anticipated release date of the Grand Jury finding in the Michael Brown case is likely to occur on 10 November after 1400 local time. The National Guard, Army Reserve, FEMA and other federal agencies are deploying additional personnel to the St. Louis metro area in the days prior to 10 November as unrest and rioting is anticipated.”

source

IMO ~ the decision has more than likely been made. They are just getting things in place prior to releasing the information to the public.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Undoubtedly if the policeman is not indicted it could be another t-shirt windfall for his mother after she and 20 people beat up the grandmother in a restaurant bar again (google it)...

So I mean it could be a win win either way for the family. right?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
Update: ???

“The anticipated release date of the Grand Jury finding in the Michael Brown case is likely to occur on 10 November after 1400 local time. The National Guard, Army Reserve, FEMA and other federal agencies are deploying additional personnel to the St. Louis metro area in the days prior to 10 November as unrest and rioting is anticipated.”

source

IMO ~ the decision has more than likely been made. They are just getting things in place prior to releasing the information to the public.

The agents provocateurs are also preparing

This will not end well

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

If someone was making money off your dead child would you handle the situation differently?

I can honestly say I am not so sure I would be able to control myself either.

I do not in any way support the rioting and looting, nor do I really condone this group robbing people after beating them down.

However, I can understand her reactions to people making money off her dead kid.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

I guess you thats how some people like you may react...

I for one don't think Ill ever roll up to a restaurant with 20-30 people and beat the hell out of my dead sons grandmother for her 400 dollars that was in the suitcase.

But Im a pacifist like that.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

Yea, I'm a parent.

I'd "pass a fist" pretty quick if people turned my kids death into a money making scheme.

And it was her ex-mother in law, not his grandmother. At least the article I read.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: roadgravel

But what 'evidence' has been released that supports that besides second hand leaks?

Valid point. I am going with the idea they let some out to 'soak in' and try to get some of the reaction over. I based the earlier post on that the info about what happen at the squad car is true. Even his friend stated something happened at the car.

Guess we will see what they officially say as for as evidence of what happened, if any.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Additional information about Ferguson situation.

Ferguson Protester

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Ferguson Mayor James Knowles told local media this week that authorities must "prepare for the worst" and he expects demonstrations across the area.

A group of community members calling themselves the Don't Shoot Coalition this week released 19 "Rules of Engagement" that touch on major points of contention between protesters and police.

link

source

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Looks like they are expected to break the news soon.

.....guess we will see.??

THIS IS BREAKING NEWS — MONDAY AFTERNOON —

A friend called to say Clayton office workers were told to go home at 1:00 PM this afternoon.
They were told an announcement on the Michael Brown case was imminent.

Also heard that a triage center was set up at University of Missouri campus in north county(?)
Area officials are anticipating mass violence.

** Helicopters are in the sky again in St. Louis city.

Last Friday four National Guard helicopters were seen in formation heading north from West County towards Ferguson.

source[ editby]edit on 10-11-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If anyone is interested. Live video scheduled shortly.

Live video: Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon announces law enforcement planning efforts that are being undertaken in the St. Louis region in advance of the grand jury decision in the Michael Brown case - @NBCNews

live video

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join