It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Researcher Stabs Himself In Chest At Villisca Ax Murder House

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Unstable paranormal researcher goes nuttier and stabs himself... clumsy paranormal researcher stabs self... possessed paranormal researcher stabs self... or non bodied individual wields material blade and stabs paranormal researcher invading its turf... whichever way it was, I hope he's okay.

From all accounts, even IF that house is hyped for tourism, it's a ...er...charged place.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Oh geez was that Zak? oh too bad.
oops did I say that out loud?

places like this cannot help but not to retain the negative energy.
Because People just won't let it go.
I'm sorry, but let the poor spirits go on with their spiritual lives. geez.
Probably a publicity stunt, but who knows?
edit on 062014Fri, 07 Nov 2014 18:47:08 -060008America/ChicagopFridaypm14 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
oh jeeze. and this is why giving tours in a place with a dark history is probably a bad idea. sometimes things like that are better left alone. If you aren't there to help, then why are you there at all?

I can't wait to hear what the dude who went mr stabby on himself has to say about what happened.
I'll bet that he's mentally unsound. Had to have been. A sane person wouldn't stab himself.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: the owlbear

I predict that no matter what, even if he has some sort of history of psychiatric problems, it will still be looked on as a combination of a troubled mind and something like possession or demonic oppression.

I feel ya, bro. As the vernacular goes...very impressed at your dig first of all. I would never have known if not for you how awesome this story is. I cant wait to see the bat poo crazy "uuuuUh, I stabbed myself because I of the ninja ghosts of Iowa...

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I'll bet that he's mentally unsound. Had to have been. A sane person wouldn't stab himself.

Well... what if THEY were in you, and the only way you had to get them out was to dig around with a rusty civil war bayonet...huh? Oh... wait... that IS mentally unsound... never mind... and that never happened to me, btw... really (sound of a door slamming and locks locked)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: horseplay

HAHAHAHA!

Zak is such a douche.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Seeking attention

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Yea there's something about Ed Hardy t-shirts that screams douche.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Seeing this reminds me of Nick Kroll's Ghost Bouncers.

m.youtube.com...

Sorry I can't embed from my phone.

Looking forward to updates on this situation...

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Didn't one of the renters(years ago)I think they rented the house a few years after the original murders took place. it was the family that was on a paranormal show ghost adventures or another one anyway the father stabbed himself in his hand or finger really weird.I wish I could remember the family's name.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
According to this source,he was not outside the house - but alone in a room in the house.

"He was basically inside the room, as far as we've been able to piece together," said Sampson, "and he yelled out for help. That's when a couple of other people doing their paranormal research came into the room and found him. They called 911, and that's pretty much where it is now."

Source:m.kmaland.com...

The quote is from the Sheriff. The article states that the patient was still in intensive care, as of Friday.

Also from the article:
Laursen was a member of a paranormal investigative team based in Racine, Wisconsin.
edit on 8-11-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
The comments in this thread pretty much echo what I've read elsewhere in terms of tentative hypotheses (in no particular order):

- possession / other paranormal
- publicity stunt gone wrong
- mental illness
- freak accident

I know it sounds that way, and thank goodness there's never been another such incident involving an investigator, but the Ghost Adventures guys, not in their original program on this but in a followup with bonus material, talked to two women who'd lived in the house as children. They claimed they saw an unseen force compel their father's hand, while holding a knife, to stab himself. They were terrified to even be in the house. This completely contradicted what I'd heard before, that there was no paranormal activity for years until after the house was restored to its 1912 condition.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

Nice find! So he was apparently in a room alone at about 12:45 a.m. in the midst of a paranormal investigation with at least two other people in the house.

Looking at the list of groups in Wisconsin that I linked earlier, there are 3 groups listed in Racine, WI.

He's not listed as part of South East Wisconsin Paranormal Investigation Team and there's another group that are some sort of prayer warriors. I can't find a website/facebook page/etc for the other group listed. If this is a publicity stunt, they're not capitalizing on it very well.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CoriSCapnSkip

Thanks for the info. That must be what TWILITE22 was referring to. I came across a page on the website of a documentary film about the house that contradicts the segment from Ghost Adventures though so I wonder what's up.

Villisca Living with a Mystery

In our opinion the Moore house is not now, nor has it ever been haunted.
After spending dozens of hours filming in the house for the documentary at all hours of the day and night, we have no paranormal experiences to report. In addition, we have interviewed and/or received e.mails from every former resident of the Moore house between 1936 and 1993 and they all say the house was not haunted. While friends and neighbors thought living in the murder house was a bit spooky, residents found their fears somewhat amusing.

Before ghost hunters from Nebraska declared the Moore house haunted in 1999, if a visitor had asked a Villisca resident for directions to the "haunted house," they would either have been directed to the wrong house or the local wouldn't have known what they were talking about. Before 1999, the Moore house never had a reputation as a "haunted house."

The documentary is from 2004 and at least some of the interviews were done as early as 1994 so who knows, it might just be somebody trying to cash in on the increased notoriety of the place.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This is just crazy! The story about what happened in Villisca is worth the drive to see. With that said, I do not agree gaining monetarily by letting paranormal teams come in without some sort of guidelines. I know for a fact there has been direct conjuring, black magic, and everything you can imagine happen there. Today the barn out back is reported to be more active then the house.

I was there with my team in 2005 to investigate. We received minimal evidence. However, we are like flies on the wall and just observe. Saying nothing and doing nothing to upset anything that may be there.

One of my members was raised in Villisca and is there today asking around about what really happened. We suspect this person was trying to take "provoking" to the next level. I hope the guys is going to be OK, but for crying out loud, why did he do this!

Investigating the paranormal can be fun, but inexperienced people should stay away from things like this. Real evil is out there and I have seen it more than once.

I hope this becomes a wake up call for places that allow investigations to happen. Check the teams out and set guidelines on what they can and cannot do!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

People keep saying this guy is mentally unsound. Ya think!

Anyone paying $500 to stay the night in a house without running water, and electricity are most definitely mentally unsound.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I saw some item, don't know whether it was a documentary, an episode of another program, or even a website, but it stated the house had stood for decades with little or no problem, then all hell broke loose when it was restored to its 1912 condition. I got into a discussion on the Ghoststudy (Paranormal Soup) forum remarking that was odd--you'd think a haunting would be strongest when the events were fresh, then fade, and in many cases it seems the opposite. Someone there said yes, a haunting can take time to build up. But then along came these sisters claiming to have experienced awful things many years before, and they said they (the kids) were never told about the house's history...I don't know whether the parents were.

If it was a publicity stunt, granted the man could have seen the Ghost Adventures program featuring the interview about the man stabbing himself and decided to copycat...in which case he wouldn't have to be possessed...just stupid.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Regarding the general douchebaginess of Zak, the phrase "asking for it" ought to be accompanied by his picture. I never saw such a perfect example as when he lay on his back on the attic floor of the Villisca house, with the original murder weapon, which is not normally kept there and he had taken the trouble to borrow, propped above him in such a way it could have fallen into his chest, taunting the entity to take a shot at him. I mean, I would have had trouble not letting him have it! What I'm saying is whatever is there missed a perfect opportunity right then, so why take it out on this other guy now?

Another program, The Dead Files, interviewed a tour guide who experienced paranormal phenomena at his house. They determined he was being haunted by Mrs. Moore, who was royally pissed at his exploitation of her family tragedy. He had to take the paranormal part out of his talks and just give a strict history tour to rid himself of her vengeance!

Also, the Myrtles Plantation strictly forbids hocus-pocus (Ouija boards, Voodoo, seances, etc.) while it seems all that and more has been tried in Villisca--they enforce few, if any, restrictions.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

No charges being pressed, so no evidence gathered. They should have all of their EQ. Police generally only take stuff if it has something to do with a crime (which there isn't one.)

I don't know what to think myself. Why would ANYBODY stab themselves, OFF camera in the middle of nowhere. It was obviously a pretty serious wound, and I really doubt anybody would have the nerve to stab themselves for attention.

Maybe something nudged him mentally to commit what his already ill mind wanted him to do. maybe it's a mixture of everything. This guy needs to speak, explain what happened before anymore speculation can be made.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Okay, his picture is not in the dictionary, but his name is! www.urbandictionary.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join