It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh: the GOP was elected to block, not to govern!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

My question is, if tax rates are so high for the corporations and the ultra wealthy how are they doing do god damn well? I can't wait to hear your answer on how the poor corporations are overtaxed when they got a massive bailout paid even though they failed at their jobs.

It's amazing how you people believe the propaganda they buy. Just look at income inequality. The answer lies there. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

Oh wait I forgot the poor are lazy and the rich just work hard right? What a joke.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have not always agreed with RL. In fact, I rarely (if ever) listen to him. But he's absolutely right in this case. If Obama isn't willing to look at these election results as a clear message that the country does not agree with any of his policies, then the only thing left for these people to do is to stop him any way they legally can as often as they can. They were elected to put a stop to things like Obamacare. Not to work together with Obama.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

His legacy is fine. Just watch. He'll have a lifetime job waiting for him after he sells out America to the rich. You guys are going to get your wish. Are you ready for a loss of American sovereignty, declining standards of quality, and rampant wage slavery?.

I sure missed poison in our rivers, lead in our toys, and food with no quality controls. How about you?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
I don't disagree with him.

What is it that he said that's so wrong?

Obama DOESN'T care about constitutional law and people want Republicans to stop him.

Woop de doo. I don't get the outrage.

Precisely! This is why we have elections in the first place. When you have a sweep like this, the majority is clearly rejecting the other side. Period.

The only thing that pisses me off is it took this long for elections to render the Democrats impotent. Now we're still going to be stuck with Obamacare and the individual mandate (and the precedent it set)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I'm convinced when it comes to Obamas Marxist leanings along with many of his appointments, that Reid has been so far up his butt so long says something also - the "corporatist" label might not fit as well as "oligarchist"

Whatever label is appropriate it can't be called to be in America's interest nor the peoples.

We'll see what happens

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: hutch622

So if i have this right , halfway through your presidents term they hold elections where the balance of power shifts to the opposition .
Not always. But in this case, yes. The opposition has gained control of both branches of the legislature. This does not mean that they get their own way but it does mean that they can determine which bills will come up for a vote. They can effectively kill a bill but not necessarily pass a bill. Their majority is not great enough to do that and they know it.

If so would not your government be potentially useless for half their term .
As far as new legislation goes, yes. Potentially. But if those Republicans want to stay in the catbird seat they may want to temper their approach.

The essence of what Limbaugh said is correct. The only thing the Republicans can "do" is be obstructionist. That being the reason they were elected (his claim) is probably not correct.

Or it might. I don't listen to the show, so I can't address his comment in context, but there has been more than him saying that the election results were more due to "anti-democrat" sentiment than "pro-republican" sentiment.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Limbaugh needs to retire so Mark Levin can take over as spokesman for the conservative electorate.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Yup you wanna see what it looks like when Democrats are motivated to vote, keep this kinda talk up and we will see in 2016!

You wana see what happens when Democrats AREN'T motivated to vote...meet some of the incoming GOP..

Grothman has called for the elimination of the African American-themed holiday Kwanzaa—which he says should be treated with “contempt”—and the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, which he has called an “insult.”
That’s just for starters. Over more than 20 years in the state legislature, Grothman has compiled a veritable Greatest Hits collection of inflammatory remarks.

He’s demanded the curtailment of food stamp programs, saying they “encourage sloth.”

After Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker signed a 2011 anti-labor law, Grothman called protesters “a bunch of slobs.”

In 2010, at the height of the Tea Party movement, he delivered a speech to conservative activists in which he railed against the “war on men.”

In Georgia, there is Jody Hice, a radio show host who has said Muslims don’t deserve First Amendment rights.

From North Carolina we will hear from Mark Walker, a pastor who has suggested invading Mexico as a way to address the influx of undocumented immigrants across the border.

And in Montana, there is Ryan Zinke, who calls Hillary Clinton “the anti-Christ.”

Capitol Hill Republicans are already worried about Grothman and his smash-mouth quotes—including the one where he said he opposed equal-pay legislation for women because “you could argue that money is more important for men.”

www.politico.com...

It's going to be an entertaining two years

edit on 7-11-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

My question is, if tax rates are so high for the corporations and the ultra wealthy how are they doing do god damn well? I can't wait to hear your answer on how the poor corporations are overtaxed when they got a massive bailout paid even though they failed at their jobs.

It's amazing how you people believe the propaganda they buy. Just look at income inequality. The answer lies there. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

Oh wait I forgot the poor are lazy and the rich just work hard right? What a joke.

Absolutely ridiculous response.

I never said corporations are over taxed or under taxed.

But they do pay big taxes that help fund the bankrupt local, state, and federal governments.

Never mentioned individuals either.

You seem extremely jealous and very very confused.

Waiting for your next clever tangent deflection.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Those big taxes come right back to them in subsidies, repatriation, and keeping down the minimum wage and workers rights.

The corporate elite are the mafia dons. The government is the enforcer. You have to pay your muscle well. You don't want them turning on you.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

"You seem extremely jealous and very very confused. "

You're a vet here. Why resort to personal attacks so much?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

But they do pay big taxes that help fund the bankrupt local, state, and federal governments.

Yes they do.

www.usdebtclock.org...

To the tune of $ 329,122,855,xxx/

Corporations 'don't pay taxes as the dogma goes.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I really have hope, hope that as sheeple wake up, the politicians will as well. As people have more access to knowledge, the implications are more immediate. People are now able to affect the political themes, hopefully out of solid, fact based information, often and the politicians will have to listen. There's no reason that politicians can't start to figure this out. And SOMEWHERE, some of them have to have some heart and start thinking of the people they represent. It may be a long slow road but it is possible.

I do think that one reason the Republicans won so handedly is because people are tossing out incumbents like old fish, not necessarily because they're more popular or people like them. In fact I read somewhere today that they only have around a 49% popularity rate. Well that and the fact that the Democrats had such a poor showing at the polls. People want effectiveness. If a politician wants to stay in office, they have a very limited time to show their true colors. Big money may help get someone elected but it won't keep them in office.

Just my 2 cents worth.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join