It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Globe Writes About Secret Government: "Vote All You Want. The Secret Government Won't Chang

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Does the American constitution not state that Americans can be armed and are required to defend the nation against enemies foreign and domestic? Might be from 2 different documents, but my point is... what the *snip* are you all waiting for.

No other nation on earth has as many rights and responsibility to keep their government in check as Americans do.

If Americans can't get control of things, how much confidence does that give other nations in their own ability to get things under control with nothing close to the tools that Americans get to work with?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
he problem is they are spraying us with chemicals from the air that pacify our brains as well as putting it in food and water. There was an article on ATS years ago, probably between '05-'07, that basically stated a university research program created a chemical agent, may have been a gas I don't remember too well, that can literally make someone exposed more trusting of others. I believe the testing used a control group of 50 people and 50 people exposed to the agent. The group exposed was had more instances of people accepting a certain narrative without question and was also willing to divulge more of their personal information. They basically had very little resistance and became ore passive on matters that in many instances would require more skepticism.

The control group was more reluctant to just accept what was said and fewer still gave any of their information regardless of the assurances given. I believe it was the same year a British university proved the ability to bend light and essentially make something nearly invisible. They found a way for light to "flow around the object" much like a river flows around rocks. I believe they used a copper cylinder or something.

Its been almost a decade now, and I just cannot remember the specifics and not sure I would even remember how to look it up. I just knew at that very moment in both articles that these were discoveries that I must never forget.

Anyways in nutshell I believe our population is being drugged a combination or variant of this agent they discovered as well as the electronic signals that decades of studying the brain have yielded what frequencies they need to affect parts of the brain that can essentially put us into a trance like state of passivity. After all you my know how you think on a personal level, but the secret government knows exactly how your brain functions, how it responds and reacts to stimuli, what parts can be targeted or "triggered" with a cocktail of chemical agents and signals/frequencies to reach a desired outcome.

definitely plan on reading this book, may even buy it.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
The author is not a conspiracy theorist. He's pretty well informed:

Like being a conspiracy theorist and being well informed is mutually exlcusive.

Conspiracy theorists have been saying this for decades, but now when some "normal" guy says it, it's supposed to be more credible? I understand why that would be the case for most people and it's certainly a welcome fact to me but some conspiracy theorists are well beyond this understanding, this is 101..

Conspiracy theorists pride themselves on being well informed, the ideal conspiracy theorist takes in everything, is skeptical of everything and is certainly well informed, especially in comparison to the average Joe who prefers mindnumbing entertainment to contemplation, meditation reading and thinking.

In reality the average Joe's credibility is shot and has been for the longest, the masses have always been clueless, the only reason that is not the prevailing opinion is because the clueless have always made up the majority.

And now someone in mainstream media is voicing one of "our opinions" and that is credibility, in reality he is looking into the rabbit hole we descended into long ago.. it gets way weirder than military industrial complex.

The public will slowly keep cannibalizing our ideas, slowly acclimatizing themselves to the lies they've been fed, steadily saying "yeah, well, they were right about that one, but all that other stuff, that's just crazy, they're going too far".

And it's true in a sense, a lot of us go too far, whether it's information gleaned from personal experience or other practices, the problem is the details.. so many people present detailed information, information that is not compatible. It's not a case of it's all wrong, it's more like a bunch of individuals stumbling across in total darkness off their own accord trying to make sense of it all without any kind of official backing or organisation to help make sense of the situation. Generally we know though, there's more to the UFO situation than the government let's on, there's more to reality than orthodox science let's on.

"Stranger things have happened than we would like to believe, but then a closed mind has often blinded itself to the world of infinite possibility, and then again an open mind can also be led astray more easily so open it carefully."

We're more easily led astray, being willing to jump into total darkness without a parachute, trying to reach longer than prevailing attitudes would allow, trying to connect disparate islands of knowledge isolated in the pitch black darkness. This does not however, discredit any of the less fanciful of our opinions, which are, at least in my opinion, like the article in the OP, quite obvious.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

I noticed that too; when the first caveat is 'he's not a conspiracy theorist' you know the rest is going to be pablum.

Let's face it, anyone remotely awake during and after 9-11 who is not a 'conspiracy theorist' is an idiot of epic proportions, because 'they' outdid themselves with that one. It couldn't have been more obvious.

The reality is, of course there's a shadow government, they've produced reams of material stating what their goals are but as they have also stated 'how fortunate for us the US population doesn't read...'

The problem is, how to stop them? If the US Presidents can't, and they've tried from Eisenhower to Clinton and any blatant attempt seems to be met with public execution, then how is the awake small minority of the general population going to?

We have to remember that although they have the money to hire goons and bodyguards, we have numbers on our side, and that may be all. But it's still a million to one, right? If we ever truly realize that, they're doomed and I'm sure it's the one thing that keeps them worried day and night, that we will realize the power of numbers.

There's an excellent cartoon out there that I can't find right now; it shows a cliff with a board thrusting out over the abyss; a man is standing at a podium way out on the end of the board, and dozens of citizens are standing on the board holding it down on the land side. And it points out that all the people have to do is step off the board and the podium speaker (government) will fall off into the canyon. It's a good image to keep in mind.

We have millions of trained snipers courtesy of THEIR military, most of them seething angry at the way they've been treated as vets. We have millions more who have been harmed egregiously by THEIR economic policies and outright robbery. The ecology of the planet is being driven to the point of no return while trillions are being spent on more damage, more murders.

What is it really going to take to augment a policy of 'defending the Constitution against all enemies, foreign AND domestic?'

I dunno, but I find it sad that an article in a big city newspaper telling us the obvious should be so newsworthy. We're still waiting for 'them' to tell us what to think, when its been obvious for decades?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The article doesn't go far enough as you said,
but it's all truth. We are done for, as far as the current system goes.

Revolution is on the horizon.

By horizon I mean spring 2015.
The MIC control everything. It will be us against them soon and they fight dirty.
False Flags Ebola ISIS dirty bombs immigration stories that end in beheadings
and a general "they're coming to get you" attitude, is how they operate.
Throw in some cryptic Georgia guide stone action and a Deagle.com projection
that there will only be 69 million U.S. citizens by 2025 and I'd say the writing is on the wall,
& it's apparent they are totally F'ing with us.

Obama is both the first black president and the last president of the USA.
Russell Brand ,oddly, has the best explanation of what needs to be done in my opinion.
We need to stop playing their stupid " you work harder we get richer" game.
Because we do all the work .So guess who isn't needed in the equation to operate
power plants fire stations hospitals and schools ?

Remove the worthless suits at the top that's how to behead correctly.
Figuratively of course

We already run the country in all ways except the part
where we get robbed on a daily basis.
Let's fix that part. There are about 320 million of us and less than 100k of them .
I ilke the odds. They don't, that's why they are about to hit the big red SHTF button.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Let's face it, anyone remotely awake during and after 9-11 who is not a 'conspiracy theorist' is an idiot of epic proportions,

I prefer the term "Conspiracy Analyst".

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

a reply to: Logarock

Essentially, a very well-respected statesmen has written a book claiming there's a secret government pulling the strings and that it doesn't matter much who is in office.

We at ATS have been screaming this from the rafters for years---and here's an article in a renowned newspaper reiterating our assertions.

Exactly.

Im constantly using the term 'Voting For The Governemnt'. For example, 'i cant wait for the elections so i can vote for the governemnt' and 'Voting for the governemnt is my favoritist thing ever'.

You dont vote for parties, theres the govrenment, and you vote for them, regardless.

The more mainstream the idea becomes the better.

Its also interesting how a media outlet is reporting on it because a book has been published. I mean, who reads books? Really? What will be the sales numbers? People dont read books. Why dont they report on ATS - Headline, 'People on ATS say theres a SECRET GOVERNMENT' shock horror.

Of course, my big crusade is the SECRET POLICE!!!! I am convinced that the whole internet is already heavily policed. Its not even worth getting out of bed anymore. It wont make a difference.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
is there really a coverup by the media of unprecedented global event
like 2nd sun hoax
usually when nasa pics arent updated somethings up

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

“There’s a secret government, inside the government…and I don’t control it.”…Bill Clinton…

I'll have to actually believe Clinton on this one.

And of course we know JFK told us and what happened to him.
Wish they would stop with the music in these videos. Probably one out there without it.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
The article doesn't go far enough as you said,
but it's all truth. We are done for, as far as the current system goes.

Revolution is on the horizon.

By horizon I mean spring 2015.
The MIC control everything. It will be us against them soon and they fight dirty.
False Flags Ebola ISIS dirty bombs immigration stories that end in beheadings
and a general "they're coming to get you" attitude, is how they operate.
Throw in some cryptic Georgia guide stone action and a Deagle.com projection
that there will only be 69 million U.S. citizens by 2025 and I'd say the writing is on the wall,
& it's apparent they are totally F'ing with us.

Obama is both the first black president and the last president of the USA.
Russell Brand ,oddly, has the best explanation of what needs to be done in my opinion.
We need to stop playing their stupid " you work harder we get richer" game.
Because we do all the work .So guess who isn't needed in the equation to operate
power plants fire stations hospitals and schools ?

Remove the worthless suits at the top that's how to behead correctly.
Figuratively of course

We already run the country in all ways except the part
where we get robbed on a daily basis.
Let's fix that part. There are about 320 million of us and less than 100k of them .
I ilke the odds. They don't, that's why they are about to hit the big red SHTF button.

You will one day understand why even guys like Bill Cooper said near the end "# the sheep, they deserve everything they will get.
youtu.be...

The only army you will get is an army of sheep. 80% of humans are borderline retarded. You would have a knife on your back before the revolution even started.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlastedCaddy
The wife's dad is a big wig at the Globe. Lets just say he has say of what gets put in the paper. I will be talking to him soon and I will pick his brain about Jordan's article and see what their agenda is by going to press with it. I will report back.

Being a left leaning circulation I can only imagine that it has something to do with the democratic bloodbath in the recent mid terms.

the voters that elected all of these republicans deserve them, what I can't figure out is how these republicans will help those same common voters,...going to war?...more pollution?...less regulations on the financial institutions?...outlawing birth control?...outlawing abortion?...no more unions?...repeal of the ACA?...tax cuts for the corporations?...cuts to programs for women and children?...cuts to medicare?...cuts to social security?....
edit on 7-11-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Does the American constitution not state that Americans can be armed and are required to defend the nation against enemies foreign and domestic? Might be from 2 different documents, but my point is... what the *snip* are you all waiting for.

No other nation on earth has as many rights and responsibility to keep their government in check as Americans do.

If Americans can't get control of things, how much confidence does that give other nations in their own ability to get things under control with nothing close to the tools that Americans get to work with?

Clearly these kinds of actions only take place when people become pressed to the extreme by personal and family threat such as hunger, illness, lack of water, usually not just injustice itself. If people still feel safe in their homes they will do nothing and of course we know it takes a dynamic leader to get people moving.
I am inclined to agree with the poster that says our population is being drugged and sublimed to be pacifists.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yeah. Okay.

When a large media outlet tells you that voting doesn't matter, it is because they want to get less people to vote.

"The most important political office is that of the private citizen." - Louis D. Brandeis (Justice - SCOTUS)

edit on 7-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Vehemens

You will one day understand why even guys like Bill Cooper said near the end "# the sheep, they deserve everything they will get.

One heck of a rant there, but he doesn't have answers either just his anger.
If they are wolfs and you are sheep, lied to without the facts how does the sheep fight a wolf, they are not built for it?

People believe it matters that there are parties and they feel like one side is better than another fighting for all the wrong things it was set up to devide not accomplish anything how many know this...not many! The vote is pointless now so there are no answers by "doing your civic duty".

At this point even if you could convince the majority of what their leaders are really capable of I don't think it would help.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
Yeah. Okay.

When a large media outlet tells you that voting doesn't matter, it is because they want to get less people to vote.

"The most important political office is that of the private citizen." - Louis D. Brandeis (Justice - SCOTUS)

Voting does not matter when you are given a selection of slime to vote for and anyone who would be different is squeezed out before you can vote for them.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: AgentShillington
Yeah. Okay.

Voting does not matter when you are given a selection of slime to vote for and anyone who would be different is squeezed out before you can vote for them.

Not really sure what you're talking about. I vote in every election and never vote for Republicans or Democrats.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Vehemens
sadly you may be right. But if even 40% can do it
we have a dog that'll hunt.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

a reply to: Logarock

I don't know that I agree with the above responses to the OP.

As I stated---there is so much more that this article and interview could have said, but we're taking baby steps here.

Essentially, a very well-respected statesmen has written a book claiming there's a secret government pulling the strings and that it doesn't matter much who is in office.

We at ATS have been screaming this from the rafters for years---and here's an article in a renowned newspaper reiterating our assertions.

What about the following statement from the article is vague?

The author catalogs the ways that the defense and national security apparatus is effectively self-governing, with virtually no accountability, transparency, or checks and balances of any kind. He uses the term “double government”: There’s the one we elect, and then there’s the one behind it, steering huge swaths of policy almost unchecked. Elected officials end up serving as mere cover for the real decisions made by the bureaucracy.

I think it's pretty significant, but don't expect all the marbles to be spilled in the first round.

That IS vague. so what, anyone can say that crap, and like you rightfully pointed out, you could just pick up any ATS post of the past decade and find the same exact information.
If he says he has insider knowledge, and wants to bring the truth out there, and be taken seriously, then give something more concrete. give me a reason to take you seriously.
all this tells me he wants cash for the book and has no interest in informing people...or he doesn't have anything to really say
anyone on this site could have made that statement. like i said in another answer i gave (should have lumped them together, but i'm not the sharpest tool in any box) you have this information, 800 footnotes in your book that are documented...not everyone reads, so spill some stuff out, feed the information, create the buzz.
It's like me saying i had a body of a dead alien in my house and only showed you the table i keep it on.

You are a turtle who think he's a rabbit.

It doesn't matter that "anyone on this site could have made that statement."... because no one on this site is credible. We're all a bunch of people in the forums. I will give you an example, so it is easier for you to understand, turtle.

You could says Aliens run the governement, and I wouldn't believe you. But if the president came out and said the same thing, I would believe him... beeeeecause he's the president. He could be lying, but I'd still believe him... because he's a whole lot more credible than most of us, which is really sad.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Anytime an insider comes out from behind the curtain to tell the people what we already know it reminds me of the old create the problem, and create the solution too that problem. They purposely implode their own system, and stand-by until the people demand you fix it, then they offer you their solution.

edit on 7-11-2014 by Sersh because: zzzzzzz

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The truth is that I didn't need the US times or any other news outlet to let me know what was and is going on. The only thing this shows is that they are trying to win our trust and its too late.

They probably decided to do an article on this because it is becoming obvious by now that there is an evil committee of men who are bent on domination and frankly being top notch reporters they suck ass for taking so long to realize it. Either that or they have no balls, in both cases they are weak and liars. Those who were just naive are forgiven.

Sorry media tycoons, I don't buy you anymore, you had a chance and you blew it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join