It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Globe Writes About Secret Government: "Vote All You Want. The Secret Government Won't Chang

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
As a media watcher, I thought this was a pretty significant development, especially since the Boston Globe is owned by the New York Times.

When was the last time you saw a major mainstream newspaper or media outlet seriously state that there's a secret government?

The paper was writing about a new book that's been released called "“National Security and Double Government,” and the author says that the military industrial complex is pulling the strings:

The author catalogs the ways that the defense and national security apparatus is effectively self-governing, with virtually no accountability, transparency, or checks and balances of any kind. He uses the term “double government”: There’s the one we elect, and then there’s the one behind it, steering huge swaths of policy almost unchecked. Elected officials end up serving as mere cover for the real decisions made by the bureaucracy.

The author is not a conspiracy theorist. He's pretty well informed:

Glennon’s critique sounds like an outsider’s take, even a radical one. In fact, he is the quintessential insider: He was legal counsel to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and a consultant to various congressional committees, as well as to the State Department. “National Security and Double Government” comes favorably blurbed by former members of the Defense Department, State Department, White House, and even the CIA. And he’s not a conspiracy theorist: Rather, he sees the problem as one of “smart, hard-working, public-spirited people acting in good faith who are responding to systemic incentives”—without any meaningful oversight to rein them in.

You can read the Globe interview here: www.bostonglobe.com...

I don't think the article goes far enough, but it's a start. There's so much that could have been brought to light here, including secret black-op budgets. Ha! Everything once deemed a conspiracy eventually is proven to be true. Keep the faith ATS! We're helping to shed light in the world.
edit on 6-11-2014 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
unless he provides further clarification, "the secret government" can just mean how politicians wear two faces, how they just tell you what you want to hear.
i hate these exercises in vagueness...spill the beans or shut your trap urgh
Still, if it makes more people aware of the fact that politics is all a facade, and that they don't give a damn about us, i am totally in favor.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Did you read anything more than the thread title? Just curious.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Me to. A strong point trying to be made on vagueness is irritating as h#ll.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I don't know that I agree with the above responses to the OP.

As I stated---there is so much more that this article and interview could have said, but we're taking baby steps here.

Essentially, a very well-respected statesmen has written a book claiming there's a secret government pulling the strings and that it doesn't matter much who is in office.

We at ATS have been screaming this from the rafters for years---and here's an article in a renowned newspaper reiterating our assertions.

What about the following statement from the article is vague?

The author catalogs the ways that the defense and national security apparatus is effectively self-governing, with virtually no accountability, transparency, or checks and balances of any kind. He uses the term “double government”: There’s the one we elect, and then there’s the one behind it, steering huge swaths of policy almost unchecked. Elected officials end up serving as mere cover for the real decisions made by the bureaucracy.

I think it's pretty significant, but don't expect all the marbles to be spilled in the first round.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

yes i read the interview.
And nothing of real significance is said, just the kind of trivial thought process anyone can have.
there is however this part
"the documented evidence in the book is substantial—there are 800 footnotes in the book."

now it's a matter of reading the book and seeing what's what.
and even if those foot notes are "the good stuff" and truly useful (doubt it) why not give examples upfront? why not name names, places, serial numbers, timetables, whatever, it's all in the book anyway isn't it?
And since not everyone reads it's good to create as much buzz as possible, so the information spreads.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
a reply to: Logarock

I don't know that I agree with the above responses to the OP.

As I stated---there is so much more that this article and interview could have said, but we're taking baby steps here.

Essentially, a very well-respected statesmen has written a book claiming there's a secret government pulling the strings and that it doesn't matter much who is in office.

We at ATS have been screaming this from the rafters for years---and here's an article in a renowned newspaper reiterating our assertions.

What about the following statement from the article is vague?

I think it's pretty significant, but don't expect all the marbles to be spilled in the first round.

That IS vague. so what, anyone can say that crap, and like you rightfully pointed out, you could just pick up any ATS post of the past decade and find the same exact information.
If he says he has insider knowledge, and wants to bring the truth out there, and be taken seriously, then give something more concrete. give me a reason to take you seriously.
all this tells me he wants cash for the book and has no interest in informing people...or he doesn't have anything to really say
anyone on this site could have made that statement. like i said in another answer i gave (should have lumped them together, but i'm not the sharpest tool in any box) you have this information, 800 footnotes in your book that are documented...not everyone reads, so spill some stuff out, feed the information, create the buzz.
It's like me saying i had a body of a dead alien in my house and only showed you the table i keep it on.
edit on 6/11/2014 by IShotMyLastMuse because: it looked funky, now i approve of this message.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The one group that had a secret power in the past and seemed good at working both sides of the street is the Jesuit order .Not all the Jesuits are privy to the higher levels but do go along with the end justifies the means .Not surprising that they would take a position in the shadows and control their front me weather dupes or willing patsies like politicians and the like . This is #1 part of a series by Eric Phelps and The Vatican Assassins www.youtube.com...
Next is Peter Dale Scott to check out .He talks about the Deep State and does a good job showing that they are somewhere and have control .

Another person to have documented this shadow Govt is Carroll Quigley and Tragedy and Hope . He was give access to all of the records of the CFR and documents much of the groups workings . www.youtube.com...
Using these 3 separate sources you can get a picture of some of their controls and some of the actors going back in history .
edit on 6-11-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

ETA I tried embedding but no luck

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
All of you! Wear your tin foil hat with pride!!! We told them so years ago but no, we were all just whacko conspiracy theorists... the consciousness of the planet is changing... isn't it?
edit on 6-11-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: needed a comma

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I can't help but think you're being purposely negative here------taking information and spewing it back to fit your definition of the world.

I worked in the media for many years and my experience there gives me unique credentials to tell you that this article and the book that has been written are important. It may not measure up to your idea of "disclosure" but it is still, nevertheless, significant. Now, instead of discussing the OP, we're discussing what your idea of "crap" is.

The gentleman who wrote the book is a serious statesmen. After all, he was legal counsel to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. He offers an informed perspective. He's worked for various congressional committees and the state department.

Not only that, but people who wrote blurbs for this book include former members of the Defense Department, State Department, White House, and even the CIA.

Let's not dismiss this out of hand. What credentials do you have that will sway those whom are reading this? You got anything to back up your assertions?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Ok he did not name names but that's hard to do if you are not a part of the secret gov. Thats why its called secret. He pointed the finger at the MIC, and I think just acknowledging out in the open that there IS a secret government is a big step.

And, in my humble opinion, there is no way that what he said could be interpreted as "the two faces of politicians." No, he is specifically talking about a hidden organization that is running things from the shadows, unbeknownst to the majority of US citizens.

Just my opinion that's all. And i would indeed like to know what his "documented evidence" contains.

edit on 11/6/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

“There’s a secret government, inside the government…and I don’t control it.”…Bill Clinton…

I'll have to actually believe Clinton on this one.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I'm glad, Humble, that you see the significance of this article. I hadn't expected to see the word "secret government" in the Boston Globe in my lifetime, much less last week.

Yes, wear our tin foil hats with pride. So much has come to light in this past year, and once in a while we have to step back and be happy about it. It's so easy for some to dismiss it all---even when it's a headline in a major newspaper.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Yes and that us what makes this era in history very precarious... read my sig.

But in case i change my sig and someone is reading this down the road, I will reproduce it here:

Your race has now reached the point of no return for there are those among you who would destroy your very World rather than relinquish their power as they know it...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Vague as it may be it can spark mainstream readers to possibly look more into what is going on besides what they are told on the 5 'o clock news or touted through memes-as a sole extent of their political leanings. What else can you hope for with administration controlled news venues-see more lately about former NBC's reporter, etc?

Those mainstream listeners and news readers wouldn't normally touch this kinda board(unless they feel to be contrarian for laughs) with a ten foot pole because of the conspiracy label taunted as being nuts-plus likely they may be afraid something will challenge their set-in-stone mainstream ideals.

After all is the author said more, it's likely the article would have been withed because of discerning too much info to not being taken seriously-pushed into a writer opine corner open for controversial ridicule by the higher ups. Anyway advice, anyone working in the media for example, who has advice on how to get around that, please share, get it out there.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Right! Clinton told the truth on this one.

On Monica Lewinsky...not so much.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I agree. Just acknowledging that there is a secret government is a big step. Well said.

I plan on buying the book and reading it and will see how far down the rabbit hole this author is willing to go.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

What better than a quote from Lao Tzu, more specifically the Tao Te Ching, to wit:

"The journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step..."

Perhaps this will be the start of more folks becoming 'Aware' ...

I'd also point to the Masons™ as they also have a built in "deniability" Is it that there is no conspiracy or they are just NOT 'in the loop'? Wouldn't the One NOT 'in the loop' provide the best testimony ? Heck they may even go as far as to volunteer to take a polygraph...
•••NOTE I'm in no way trying to relay the thought that the Masons™ are behind some New World Plot "Shadow Government" .. ***

If I thought that, well then the 13 crystal skulls belong to Jesus and His 12 Apostles, each Apostle carried away a skull and when ALL the skulls are together is when Jesus returns... Or not..??

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Here's a blurb from the book:

This book details the dramatic shift in power that has occurred from the Madisonian institutions to a concealed "Trumanite network"--the several hundred managers of the military, intelligence, diplomatic, and law enforcement agencies who are responsible for protecting the nation and who have come to operate largely immune from constitutional and electoral restraints.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18631470]MRuss[/post

Here is an incredibly interesting Amazon response to the book written by someone in the know. He says its the CFR that is trying to get rid of the US Constitution and eliminate the country's sovereignty. He says this author is blowing smoke away from the true perps.

The true Invisible Government of the U.S. resides at the Harold Pratt House in Manhattan, headquarters of the Council on Foreign Relations. The Council on Foreign relations has infiltrated the United States government to the point that currently for all purposes the American government has become a branch of the CFR. In the past forty years, most American presidents, vice-presidents, Secretaries of State, Undersecretaries of State, CIA Directors, Supreme Court judges, high rank Pentagon officers, NATO commanders, not to mention Federal Reserve Bank and IRS directors, belong to this group of globalist conspirators who have openly expressed their opinion that we need to get rid of the US Constitution and eliminate the country's sovereignty.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join