It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Revolution In Human Emotion Through ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm think of the doors, toasters and Marvin from the HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

I wouldnt do this. They don't even answer forum questions .. it seems the forum is dead or forgotten about.

Now I don't need a cube but i would like to check out the software.

I DO NOT believe the hype about this cube's AI, no matter what the video says. Android cannot pull this off. Windows cannot pul this off - there have been Alice 2.0 which IS the best AI around and it's still in it's infancy.

I believe it may be a clever mimick but thats all, no real AI to speak of.

The software needs to be in a PC or other home unit not a silly cube. If it has Bluetooth and all the other inter-conectivity with other devices, why use a cube when a home PC running Android will work just fine. They are charging 300 bucks for a doorstop.

Nope, I aint so buying this so much, I really hope this company fails on it's lying ars.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

where do you think the line is between artificial intelligence and true or natural intelligence?

Firstly there is nothing Artificial about Intelligence, the means by which that intelligence emerges and the platform it runs upon may very well be man made... but that doesn't mean we should think any less of non human intelligences.

These days even your coffee machine is likely to have some form of intelligence, a microprocessor that makes decisions based upon inputs... albeit an intelligence that is extremely limited in scope...

So I think the question should not be where is the line on intelligence... more the case, the question should be where is the line for non-awareness and self awareness as in consciousness, now that is a far more difficult question to answer.

One may argue that Consciousness is an emergent property of a data network of sufficient complexity and data processing speeds. This would be my view on this subject, as such I see ourselves as little more than biological machines.

On the other hand there are those that believe that our bodies play host to consciousness whose source is ethereal and non corporal in nature.

I think if you subscribe to the second premise you are unlikely to believe that machine intelligence will ever be truly alive and conscious. Even if the machine exhibits the traits of a conscious mind, those people will state that it only is a superficial show... a programmed response or a pretense.

I personally believe that we will see true fully conscious self aware machine intelligences within the next 20 years, I think the line will be crossed and when it does I think there won't be any doubt.

These are my thoughts as requested

Korg.

edit on 6-11-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
I'm think of the doors, toasters and Marvin from the HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy

Would you like some toast?

How about a nice toasted tea cake?

Korg.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
can it pass the turing test

Here is a interesting article on a chat bot the nearly did

The Biometric processing capabilities are interesting,if not a little creepy.
I am sure the church of scientology must realise how this system, makes their E-meter very outdated, They should probably upgrade, to really head f##k people 2014 style.
edit on 6-11-2014 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
can it pass the turing test

Here is a interesting article on a chat bot the nearly did

The Biometric processing capabilities are interesting,if not a little creepy.
I am sure the church of scientology must realise how this system, makes there E-meter very outdated, They should probably upgrade, to really head f##k people 2014 style.

No it wasn't designed to pass the Turin test. It isn't pretending to be human. What it does do is using a variety of techniques to sense mood and contextualize data input and output.

if you think about all the nuisances of human interaction, it turns out that the actual language as in the words used is only a tiny fraction of the whole communication. Body language, tonal inflections and metaphoric or abstract conceptual language is what chatbots like Alice simple can't understand.

What EmuSPARK is trying to do is to bring into focus these other elements of communication to be able to contextualize the inputs that modify the meaning of the language or situation.

Going back to the Child is crying scenario... If for example EmuSPARK was able to sense panic in the parent, it may be able to reassure the parent and offer options.

As opposed to you asking the machine something.... it is asking you... it isn't a subtle difference, it's a huge leap in how we think about what an OS should do.

Korg.
edit on 6-11-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

No it wasn't designed to pass the Turin test. It isn't pretending to be human. What it does do is using a variety of techniques to sense mood and contextualize data input and output.

So I gave it a look and it doesn't appear to have been actually designed or to actually exist.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

So I gave it a look and it doesn't appear to have been actually designed or to actually exist.

You can't have looked very hard...

EmuSPARK

Click Order...

Lead time on order of roughly 4-7 weeks.

Korg.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Well, I won't be ordering one. Just let me know when someone actually gets one and can actually review the product. Until then, its not a real product. Chances are slim to none that this is real and works as advertised. So far everything I have seen can be mocked up. At best, its a chat Bot. There is no indication it does anything more than follow a chat Bot script.

Sorry, I don't like scams. I really hope I am wrong.

my emoto-Bot is sad now

edit on 6-11-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Well, I won't be ordering one. Just let me know when someone actually gets one and can actually review the product. Until then, its not a real product. Chances are slim to none that this is real and works as advertised. So far everything I have seen can be mocked up. At best, its a chat Bot. There is no indication it does anything more than follow a chat Bot script.

Sorry, I don't like scams. I really hope I am wrong.

my emoto-Bot is sad now

I think you are extremely negative and short sighted.

As you and others have pointed out... all the technology to make this work exists in the public domain. there is really no reason to doubt the product. They are not making outlandish promises or showing off something that could not be realistically released as a product today.

As I said in my OP this industry is in infancy and is one to watch out for over the next 5 years... I did not say go out and buy this now... I was simply introducing the first commercially viable product taking advantage of the current technology.

Korg.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I think you are extremely negative and short sighted.

that makes my empathic-processing unit sad.

I actually agree with everything else you are saying. The future is going towards smarter AIs. I just don't think its this one. I am a DIY AI guy and a programmer. So I am always exploring what's what at the consumer level. Been involved in IT professionally for 17 years. So I talk to colleges about this stuff constantly. I'm personally working on a phone app that seems to do everything this thing does. It chats. What I am seeing demonstrated is not what they are claiming. So far, its a chat Bot.

I am very suspicious that there is such a thing as an emotional processing unit. Actually I'm not suspicious, there is no such thing.

This information is very heavy on buzz words, techno babble, promises, self promotion and marketing. There is absolutely nothing in the way of actual technical papers, testing or anything. It has all the hallmarks of vapor ware.

As you and others have pointed out... all the technology to make this work exists in the public domain. there is really no reason to doubt the product. They are not making outlandish promises or showing off something that could not be realistically released as a product today.

I don't disagree entirely. Facial recognition software is readily available for free as are chatbots. What's not available is something called an emotional processing unit. That's utter BS.

Operation
◾System Google Android 4. 2. 2
◾CPU QUAD CORE 1.8Ghz
◾EPU (Emotion Processing Unit) 20MHz
◾DDR3 2GB
◾Nand Flash 8GB
◾Networking WiFi 802.11b/g/n 10/100Mbps
◾With internal Antenna
◾Support Bluetooth 4.

A 20MHZ EPU! no way!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

where do you think the line is between artificial intelligence and true or natural intelligence?

Firstly there is nothing Artificial about Intelligence, the means by which that intelligence emerges and the platform it runs upon may very well be man made... but that doesn't mean we should think any less of non human intelligences.

These days even your coffee machine is likely to have some form of intelligence, a microprocessor that makes decisions based upon inputs... albeit an intelligence that is extremely limited in scope...

So I think the question should not be where is the line on intelligence... more the case, the question should be where is the line for non-awareness and self awareness as in consciousness, now that is a far more difficult question to answer.

One may argue that Consciousness is an emergent property of a data network of sufficient complexity and data processing speeds. This would be my view on this subject, as such I see ourselves as little more than biological machines.

On the other hand there are those that believe that our bodies play host to consciousness whose source is ethereal and non corporal in nature.

I think if you subscribe to the second premise you are unlikely to believe that machine intelligence will ever be truly alive and conscious. Even if the machine exhibits the traits of a conscious mind, those people will state that it only is a superficial show... a programmed response or a pretense.

I personally believe that we will see true fully conscious self aware machine intelligences within the next 20 years, I think the line will be crossed and when it does I think there won't be any doubt.

These are my thoughts as requested

Korg.

the argument might be made that robots are actually radios for an external consciousness that utilizes it in much the same way as could be argued for ourselves. I can see how such a debate might get confusing.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There won't be an ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE similar to human beings till we figure out (if we ever will) how human intelligence/awareness arises. You can't 'program' a machine to do something you don't know how it works.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: glass87onion
There won't be an ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE similar to human beings till we figure out (if we ever will) how human intelligence/awareness arises. You can't 'program' a machine to do something you don't know how it works.

is consciousness something that can be programmed?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

First explain what consciousness is and how it works. Programming code is nothing more than text compiled into instructions that a CPU can execute. Programming can't become conscious any more than written instructions on how to change a light bulb

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

First explain what consciousness is and how it works. Programming code is nothing more than text compiled into instructions that a CPU can execute. Programming can't become conscious any more than written instructions on how to change a light bulb

which is why im wondering if consciousness cant be programmed, only uploaded...but at what point in evolutionary history did consciousness become a thing?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

which is why im wondering if consciousness cant be programmed, only uploaded...but at what point in evolutionary history did consciousness become a thing?

it became a thing when someone came up with the word and tried to define it. Best I can tell, there is no real definition and its really not a thing. To me its more like a concept to keep humans distinct from everything else.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

it became a thing when someone came up with the word and tried to define it. Best I can tell, there is no real definition and its really not a thing. To me its more like a concept to keep humans distinct from everything else.

consciousness is not an exclusively human property. and just because we came up with the word does not mean the "thing" we are describing doesn't exist.

"Consciousness is the quality or state of awareness, or, of being aware of an external object or something within oneself. It has been defined as: sentience, awareness, subjectivity, the ability to experience or to feel, wakefulness, having a sense of selfhood, and the executive control system of the mind." these concepts define something that is more than just a handful of syllables said with a meaningful look.
edit on 6-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

consciousness is not an exclusively human property. and just because we came up with the word does not mean the "thing" we are describing doesn't exist.

"Consciousness is the quality or state of awareness, or, of being aware of an external object or something within oneself. It has been defined as: sentience, awareness, subjectivity, the ability to experience or to feel, wakefulness, having a sense of selfhood, and the executive control system of the mind." these concepts define something that is more than just a handful of syllables said with a meaningful look.

same wiki article:

Experimental research on consciousness presents special difficulties, due to the lack of a universally accepted operational definition. In the majority of experiments that are specifically about consciousness, the subjects are human, and the criterion that is used is verbal report: in other words, subjects are asked to describe their experiences, and their descriptions are treated as observations of the contents of consciousness.[71

its not a thing that's measurable. "I think, therefore I am" is probably the best we can do. My dog can't express that but he can catch a Frisbee when he wants to. My robot can't do much of anything because I suck at programming but its conscious because when it does do something, it has nothing to do with what I programmed it to do. My lizards are just dumb. My newborn just stares at things. No thoughts.

point is that we can't make something when we don't know what it is

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Consciousness and awareness don't feet 'our' current vision of the 'real world', maybe someday we will know more about it but it wont be by the current mainstream models like the brain project or trying to create a virtual AI through computers. People from the past knew something we don't, and we ignored that for a long time, now science shows that reality is way more strange than we could imagine.
Have a feeling the results of the holometer will turn positive

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join