It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan mob kills Christian couple over 'blasphemy'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
So a Christian couple in Pakistan have been beaten to death by a crowd after being accused of desecrating a Koran.

Their bodies were burned at the brick kiln where they worked in the town of Kot Radha Kishan in Punjab province.
Christians or or pagans it matter not.. Using the old "desecration of the Koran" as an excuse to remove someone... What can we say other than RIP for the couple and hope like heck if and when India and Pakistan gets into a real shooting match... I know what side I would wish to win..

A security official told the BBC that local police had tried to save the couple, but they were outnumbered and attacked by the angry crowd.

Senior police officials and government ministers have now arrived there to investigate the killings.

In May gunmen in the city of Multan shot dead a lawyer, Rashid Rehman, who had been defending a university lecturer accused of blasphemy.

And last month a Pakistani court upheld the death penalty for Asia Bibi, a Christian woman convicted of blasphemy in 2010 - a case which sparked a global outcry.

Since the 1990s, scores of Christians have been found guilty of desecrating the Koran or of blasphemy.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Religious dogma and blind faith in any sort of god should have been beaten to death instead.

Horrible event and it just shows what fundamentalism does, in it's own raw form.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Religious dogma and blind faith in any sort of god should have been beaten to death instead.

Horrible event and it just shows what fundamentalism does, in it's own raw form.

This seems like a double standard. If atheists formed the majority of the earths people, would you advocate beating the religious to death because they don't see things YOUR way? That sounds like what you are saying. Could you clarify?

Doesn't that put you on the same level as the idiots who committed this heinous crime in the first place?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
do you expect anything else form a mostly ignorant people?
it's like if you took a tribe from the amazon and threw them into a major city...you think they would behave according to our standards?
just get out of there if you can, or don't go there at all, let them crawl out of the dark ages on their own time.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Whilst I find it extremely difficult to understand people's insecurities around their faith, so much so they are willing to kill people for questioning or not having the same faith, blasphemy usually results in death in Islamic countries.

My advice would be to stay away from these backward areas of the world, simple.

To start suggesting they should change their ways and culture is also a bit hypocritical. Do we not find it offensive when people from the Islamic world question our culture and suggest we change?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Ironic that religion is supposed to be a tool to help civilise and create spiritually mature people isn't it.

I often wonder if it's a chicken and egg thing...would these people be more idiotic and bestial with or without religion?

And question whether religion acts as a trigger for these instances of pathetic violence, or as a brake that tempers the levels of violence that might otherwise occur, perhaps using territorial disputes or indeed any other excuse as a motivator rather than religion?

If religion is actually tempering and not encouraging the violence, i'd hate to see the level of barbarity of these people without religion as a brake.

edit on 5-11-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The religion of peace strikes again.
Speaking against their religion earns you a death sentence.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Thats easy for you or me. Not so easy for the poor people who are born there and don't have the resources to leave.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

This.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Thats easy for you or me. Not so easy for the poor people who are born there and don't have the resources to leave.

It's quite simple, don't blaspheme. Why would Christians blaspheme or desecrate the Qu'ran anyway? Shouldn't they just turn the other cheek?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Killing others because those people aren't handling a book the way you want. Isn't that idol worship of the book? Kind looks like it to me.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Weren't the Christian couple killed from that 'area of the world?'

edit on 5-11-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Causes one to wonder if those [snipped] are operating on the same Satanic level as the scourge of ISIS .........maybe worse?

For the ill-informed here in the thread who are defending the horrific actions of the [snipped] - and there are plenty of you here who should know better - There was NO desecration and NO blasphemy~! Those are merely trumped up charges used to condemn Christians.

edit on 5-11-2014 by hashtagzog because: (no reason given)

edit on 11.5.2014 by Kandinsky because: Removed bigoted terms

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

It's quite simple, don't blaspheme. Why would Christians blaspheme or desecrate the Qu'ran anyway? Shouldn't they just turn the other cheek?

Blasphemy is often used as a trumped up charge in islamic countries. Even the source article acknowledges this fact. Many times small personal disputes will be settled by an individual concocting blasphemy charges against an individual belonging to a minority, and then the savage beatings will begin.

Actually, in many cases, simply being a Christian can be considered blasphemy. If you don't keep it to yourself, or you happen to say the wrong thing in front of the wrong person (something as innocent as mentioning something you believe from your own faith) that can be used to charge you with blasphemy. It's really quite barbaric.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Greetings and Salutations-

Hasn't anybody translated "To keep civility, don't talk about sex, politics or religion™..." ? This is IRONY at it's finest, folks with ZERO Faith, dying over 'Faith'... The same reason Abraham's seed fights to this day, the Jew™ won't let the Muslim™ who won't let the Jew™ have the TempleMount all the while the Chris†ian fights amongst their own Self, hows that working out?

Both "Rule Books" state 'whacking another' is against the rules, hows that working out?

Now the One that actually has 'Faith' when another questions that 'Faith' they don't go and try to "prove" anything, as that knowledge is not 'distorted' it is a "Direct Link" to The Creator, same goes for 'going to Church™', why go and get that One's interpretation? Why not get 'it' directly from "The Source"???

You ARE the Church™ so 'Yes' You should be tax-free, but that privilege is given to big business disguised as a "Church™" Jesus pointed out the same thing before "They" killed Him and pinned it on His bff, Judas...

namaste

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Yes, it is very barbaric. What we going to do about It? All the bleating in the world isn't going to change things, these people cannot be reasoned with, they live in the dark ages.

Yes, they are undoubtedly trumped up charges, don't put yourself in a position where you can be accused of blaspheming.

What do you suggest people should do?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I don't know. It seems to me like the west is inevitably headed for a major conflict with Islam as a whole. I don't see how it can end any other way.

On one hand, I would like to see people in vulnerable positions in such countries receive the help they need, yet on the other I have often thought that we should simply close our borders to these nations, and leave them to their own insanity.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place. There are no easy solutions.
edit on 5-11-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

It appears to be so.

The fanatics who are responsible for this live in the dark ages, they can't be reasoned with. My advice would be not to go to any of these areas, unlucky if you live there and can't afford to get out.

Maybe we should welcome the Christians with open arms, but that will only effect the immigration figures, and that my friend, is a whole other can of worms.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

What is even scarier is that this is happening in a nation with nuclear weapons.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The word «blasphemy» should be taken away from dictionary's. Also the criminals involved should be brought to justice.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join