It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana Legalization 2014 Polling

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I had hoped someone would have started a thread on this already but I don't see one. There are many states that have legalization on the ballot either for medical or just straight legalization. In my state of Florida it is on the ballot for medical and polls are closed so I have been watching as the votes come in. So far so good here so I will post the link below to keep tabs and I hope those of you interested can post the links to your state on the initiative.

Florida Election Watch

So far here

3,880,707 - Yes for Approval

1,317,501 - No for Rejection

It has to pass by 60% here

What is your state stipulations and vote count at?
edit on 4-11-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Florida needs all the help it can get. Trust me I'm a native

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Went to the eye doctor today...early stages of glaucoma...aches and losing field of vision. I might have to move to get a little relief. Dullaware has it, PA doesn't.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Went to the eye doctor today...early stages of glaucoma...aches and losing field of vision. I might have to move to get a little relief. Dullaware has it, PA doesn't.

As a resident of PA I sincerely hope this changes.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I'll never forget the night Prop 215 passed in California, legalizing medicinal marijuana. It's a beautiful memory.

Hope it passes in Fl and everywhere else

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It's been stuck at 57% for awhile now... come on, FL! 3 more percent!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Yes my state does need the help. So do the people. I had neighbor years ago dies of breast cancer she refused al the narcotic junk they tried to give her and only smoked for the pain. She outlived her diagnosis for years and then her daughter started puting the narcotics on her lips at night (strong stuff) she only lived a few more months after that and completely lost enjoyment of life. She had said the system wanted people like her out of sight that were dieing. She was very politically active she once went to the governors office and lit up in his office in protest of the laws. She was a very cool activist.
articles.sun-sentinel.com...
Trident 2 tresspass

CAPE CANAVERAL -- A woman who crawled through rattlesnake-infested woods, eluded a Cape Canaveral Air Force Base guard and climbed a launch tower for spy satellites says there is ``no security whatsoever`` at the military rocket complex.

Willa Elam, a 42-year-old mother of two from Louisville, Ky., said she was arrested only after she twice called security police by phone to come and get her atop the Air Force station`s Titan launch tower last month.

scholar.lib.vt.edu...

A yellow daisy tucked behind one ear, Willa Elam intentionally broke the
law Friday, pulling out a marijuana joint and lighting up in the Viera
office of U.S. Rep. Dave Weldon, R-Palm Bay.

Elam, a Cocoa Beach resident, wants marijuana legalized for patients who,
like her, are dying of a terminal illness.

"I tried morphine for the pain, and it made me deathly ill," said Elam,

who is dying of breast cancer and uses a wheelchair. "I want to be alive
and kicking for the time I have left. I smoke a joint, and it makes me want
to party."

The 58-year-old Elam was staging a protest with a handful of members of

the Melbourne-based Florida Cannabis Action Network and another patient,
Cathy Jordan, who has amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or Lou Gehrig's disease.

The group wants Weldon to reverse his stand against legalization for
medicinal purposes and support a bill now in Congress that would allow for
limited patient access to marijuana, which comes from the cannabis plant.
They also want the issue put on the state ballot and have what they say is
a box full of signed petitions to that effect.www.rave.ca...

A yellow daisy tucked behind one ear, Willa Elam intentionally broke the
law Friday, pulling out a marijuana joint and lighting up in the Viera
office of U.S. Rep. Dave Weldon, R-Palm Bay.

Elam, a Cocoa Beach resident, wants marijuana legalized for patients who,
like her, are dying of a terminal illness.
www.420magazine.com...

She was serriously cool. She would proud it got this far I miss her.

Update :

3,200,867 - Yes for Approval 57.36%

2,379,779 - No for Rejection 42.64%

That was weird there numbers changed drastically there.

I don't know if MM would help me but I would like the option to try it and if it did help I wouldn't need pharmacutical painkillers. I had a blast injury that nearly tore my head off 7 years ago and have had over 20 restorative surgeries I lost count on them about 2 years ago. If it could just help that would make a huge difference to me.

edit on 4-11-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Move to Oregon is a beautiful medical second amendment state.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Me too...
I have to go in for tests to see how bad it is. I know how bad it is. I heard something can help. Haven't visited that arena for years. Would love to just have the headaches go away.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
well, hopefully this works out in favour of legalization. my personal opinion, legalize all drugs. the war against them is a running farce. and a black hole for black budgets.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm in NJ, so as long as Chris Christie is governor, he will never legalize marijuana, he said in a recent interview....technically, he said it in many interviews......

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
www.floridatoday.com...

Defeated.

Maybe. That says 90% of the votes are in it only needs 2.5 % more to reach the 60%.

There has been a lot of propaganda against it with some some straight out lies but we do have a large blue hair population that falls for that stuff.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Move to Oregon is a beautiful medical second amendment state.

Actually I am thinking about moving back to Central America where it isn't legal but they don't really care when it is personal use. It is just that I don't want the strains high in THC I want the CBD strain for pain which you can't tell from street vendors(wink).

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Not sure what happened, up until about two weeks ago it was polling quite well. I want to congratulate John Stemberger from the Florida Family Policy Council and Grady Judd, the Sheriff of Polk Country and President of a state wide Sheriff's Association for their work to help defeat the bill.

Two to four more years of the Florida Sheriff's being able to raid homes with a military team over a plant that some people self medicate with, while confiscating their property and sending them to prison! The price of Freedom

I am actually more alarmed that Rick Scott looks like he will be governor again(close but not yet official). 47% of the state either turns a blind eye to his ConMan ways or just simply do not care.

edit on 4-11-2014 by jrod because: typo gremlins

edit on 4-11-2014 by jrod because:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Th system is rigged.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

That will never happen. There is simply too much money being made from drugs being illegal. The DEA admits it has over 4,000 Confidential Informants at any one time, most Sheriff's offices also has a budget for the their own CI's.

In Florida especially drug bust are a way police organizations can seize property and assets(including bank accounts) from the people they bust. This is happening nation wide. Here in Florida we also have a thriving Prison Labor system.

Follow the money to who campaigned against Amendment 2 in Florida and you will see who profits from the War on Drugs.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Here is another link for the polls. It says about 89% of the state have reported in so far.

www.baynews9.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Truly.

I actually went out to vote today. I was more concerned about getting Rick Scott out of office than this bill.

It does not really matter who votes, what really matters is who counts the votes.

Remember what happened in 2000 here in Florida?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join