It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican thinker brands US woman's suicide 'wicked'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
ATS consensus so far seems wildly in favor of "Death with Dignity". That should say something. Hardly any thread gets this much consensus unless it's something blatantly wrong. I guess this issue isn't that controversial after all.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This woman has every right to do this, It's her life - to even criticise her is pathetic.... what would you expect from religious zealots?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

It is about the persons choice and in a way every suicide is a failure from society of not having the right cure/solution to make the person able to live a beautiful life with meaning.

Science/knowledge takes time to evolve. And you can be productive in many ways in a society and not just by producing material things. Even people who need help all the time are in a way precious in our society since "taking care of them and trying to give them the best experience possible" shows the evolved character humanity can have when it choose to do the right thing and think about every bodies best instead of itself. Sometimes taking care of people helping them gives the person helping them great sense of purpose.

Namaste

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilisthis is very true. Let's say I had a pet dog with a terminal brain tumour, I keep it alive by giving it radiotherapy and chemotherapy which is making the dog sicker. I keep giving it pain relief medication even though it is dying in front of my eyes, but it's my special dog and I don't want it to die. My neighbours see what I am doing and disapprove. I continue with the pain relief, even though the dog is whimpering every night. I surely would be accused of committing an act of animal cruelty?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

What a ridiculously beautiful post - like so many of your posts. And so complicated...

woodwardjnr - one thing I know for sure is that most people want to do the right thing. They're terrified they'll do the wrong thing

People love

Those bonds...love clouds all of our thinking - doesn't it?

Even our own sometimes

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There'll be a special place in hell for this 'Vatican Thinker'
(whatever the hell that means)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
There'll be a special place in hell for this 'Vatican Thinker'
(whatever the hell that means)

May he wear slippers that pinch.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I respect that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I would like to think that these are thought-through opinions and not just a repeat of someone else's careless thinking.

You first have to have the Holy Spirit of God indwelling in you, before you can say it's a defilement of God's temple; so obviously it is not automatically an 'evil' act; as was stated in the post I was replying to.

If God has not stated in the Bible that suicide specifically is evil or offensive to Him, then who exactly is presuming to speak as or for God, by saying that it is?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Because protecting priests that molest choir boys isn't wicked or anything...

"Hey! Look over there."

Vatican 'thinker', or PR machinery?

People in glass houses...?

If 'thinker', was a thinker...they'd be thinking closer to home...the self-harm/suicide angle could be stretched to include any and all parties involved in perpetrating, obfuscating and just plain covering up - criminal behaviour that led to the self-harm and suicide of molested individuals - rather than having/are spent/spending filthy lucre on legal arguments vis-a-vis all victims...I'm sure it's been 'thought about' by all labelled 'thinkers' of the behemoth...turning a blind eye is an insidious 'sin' that is all too easily dispensed with...but, they're the experts *shrugs*...

Å99

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join