It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists, Pilots, & Doctors on Chemtrails

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople
I don't have to know someone to recognize when they do something stupid.

I don't have to know someone to recognize a stupid statement from them. There are an abundance of stupid statements in that video and "chemtrail" believers come up with them all the time. That doesn't mean that "chemtrail" believers are stupid, just that some don't really think very hard about what they say.
edit on 11/5/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
aww screw it :

I will call chemtrail proponents :

stupid or dishonest
there is no other option

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NTellect

Haven't been here in years but came across this for all the contrail disinformers ..

This video was used from geoengineeringwatch.org...Dane Wigington...enough said.

Unless you can come up with something credible from someone credible, this youtube video is a fallacy from the big fallace himself.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You say people made stupid maneuvers on the road?

Isn't that just your opinion?

And not necessarily fact?

What does stupid mean to you exactly?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Isn't that just your opinion?
No. It was the opinion of a lot of people, judging from the reactions I saw.

I've done stupid stuff. You never have? You must be very special.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

I would much rather believe a bunch of everyday, identifiable, legitimate pilots, doctors and scientists rather than some anonymous posters on here who could possibly be paid to post and supress the truth.

And yet you believe a known liar that originally made the video...Dane Wigington.

So you do believe people that are paid to tell you BS and your falling for it just as the OP did...good job.

Also know that Mr. Wigington wouldn't know the truth if it bit him in the rear.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Dishonest is a good one.

Works for me. Just my opinion, though. I do not usually presume to know someone based on their internet statements...

But, what the hell?

It's Wednesday.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I will call chemtrail proponents :

stupid or dishonest
there is no other option

I can't agree *sigh*.
I know a very smart and straight forward woman who, alas, believes in "chemtrails". At first I thought she was kidding, but I learned to avoid the topic.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

You say people made stupid maneuvers on the road?

Here let me ask you something?

HAs there been one person that has ever been up and taken a sample from behind a plane that verifies chemtrails actually exist?

Now think hard and understand the fact that it has never happened and yet people still believe they exist, because someone on youtube says they do...now that is stupid.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

So it was just your opinion.

Oh, yeah, and opinion of others.

So, that makes it fact.

I get it, it's kind of like religion.

Who am I to knock your BELIEFS?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

So, that makes it fact.
Yes. It was stupid to pull across four crowded lanes of traffic, causing brakes to be hit and cars to swerve.

So you are special.
You've never done or said anything stupid. Tell me, did you ever not get a prize for doing anything?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Lies and dishonesty can inspire people to do remarkable things.

Everything we do is part of our nature, our evolution. Even the "mistakes" we make are essential pieces.

Mistakes teach us.

When you think about how perfect everything is, it's hard to see "stupid" anymore.

I hear the term "people are stupid" constantly.

It's getting uncomfortable.

I see people learning.

Learning is not stupid.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Like I said, Phage...

Nobody.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I see people learning.

I don't. When it comes to "chemtrails." I see people being fed nonsense, not learning anything. Stupid nonsense. I see people believing that nonsense. I see people not bothering to actually learn a bit of science. I see people ignoring that there is no evidence that "chemtrails" are anything but contrails.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

There you go, calling people "stupid" again...

Very scientific...

And yet I didn't call anyone stupid - so does that make you a liar, or too stupid to understand what you are reading, or just a troll??

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
so with everyone saying these aren't chemtrails, you folks aren't concerned ?????

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NTellect

Personally, I'm not concerned about 'chemtrails' the way they are portayed by most chemtrail believers, WITWATS, tanker enemy, Max Bliss, Dane Wigington, and all these other chemtrail pushers.

The reason is that the whole 'theory' is built on a number of fallacies. Stupid fallacies, because anyone can find out within a couple of minutes that the whole thing is a farce.

A couple of examples are:

1: Contrails can't persist. This probably one of the easiest ones to debunk. You can try some experiments for yourself that put this nonsense to bed real soon.

here's one experiment that shows you the basic priciples of what a contrail is:

youtu.be...

Here's a guy demonstrating how his breath turns into 'persisting contrails' on ground level, but in similar circumstances to what you'd find at a jet's cruise altitude:

youtu.be...

Now do a little research and find out what a cirrus cloud is. Then look at some of the physics of a jet engine running at 30.000 feet, learn some of the meteorology involved at those altitudes, and you'll soon find that in the right conditions, a jet engine will indeed create persisting contrails.

They're in fact the same thing as cirrus clouds, which also happen at the same altitudes and in similar conditions. In fact whenever you see contrails persist, you'll often see them being accompanied by cirrus clouds, which is a clear indication that at least at that altitude conditions are right for contrails to persist.

en.wikipedia.org...

2: Contrails never persisted before (insert year). "i never saw htem like that when i was younger'.

This is another common theme among chemtrail believers, and a cause for them to be concerned.

But a quick search will quickly show you that contrails did indeed persist for as long planes can fly high enough to create them. And yes, piston engines will create them too. There are numerous pictures of persisting contrails from the past, as well as descriptions in books on clouds and encyclopedias, as wel as a whole bunch of pictures from WW2.

Here's a nice collection: www.metabunk.org...

3: Tic tac toe patterns. It never ceases to amaze me how little chemtrail believers know about aviation. You'd think they'd learn everything about it they can, if you want to pin down the 'chemtrails' to their exact nature. But no.. they simply soak up some garbage from youtube videos that tell them that these patterns are signs of an ominous master plan.. or something without checking anything for themselves.

A quick glance at some of the pictures of air routes will tell you that there's an incredible amount of air routes going everywhere, and since they don't all go in the same direction, they do often cross paths. This seems to be a big mystery to some chemtrail believers, but there it is..

Here's a picture giving some glimpse of how intricate the netword of air routes really is: openflights.org...

Now keep in mind that thousands upon thousands of jets fly along these routes every day, and there's the explanation for patterns in the sky, given the right meteorological conditions.

So if there's anything i'm concerned with, it's the lack of willingness to research anything on the part of chedmtrail believers. They simply don't know all this stuff, and moreover they don't WANT to learn about anything that might compromise their status of 'awakened one', which is what chemtrail believers tell eachother they are. And of course everyone else are 'sheeple'.

I'm concerned by the cult like mentality that i've seen on display too many times for comfort. Just for fun go to one of the chemtrail stronghold pages and post something mildly skeptical, and your post will be deleted and you'll be banned. It's creepy.

edit on 5-11-2014 by payt69 because: can't type

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Almost a whole page of someone worrying about someone else being called a name that they weren't called. And you wonder what's wrong with the world today.

I have to go find a native American who is offended by the Washington Redskins, so I'll be busy for a bit.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: aorAki
a reply to: VoidHawk"you can't tell the difference between a chemtrail and a contrail from the ground".

Yeah you most certainly can. If you take the time to watch them for 12 hours or so. And watch the same planes fly their patterns to leave them. But hey...who has that kind of time.

so where did you have your Bionic eyes implanted and are they similar to the 6 million dollar mans bionic eyes?

I have asked so many that say they can see chemtrails with no answer,

where did you get the eyes that perform a chemical analysis of a trail in the sky?

Lots of people have the time to research these claims, maybe take some time yourself, research and educate yourself on atmospherics and meteorology and then with your certainty come back and explain how you can otherwise stop trolling.

(post by ~Lucidity removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join