It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare impressions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Anyone here playing this game? I've got it on the PS4 and it looks very good. So far so good. Lot's of action as you would expect from the series.

I've only played a few multiplayer matches online and it's very fun. Feels a lot like a black ops game and that can only be a good thing.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
well, i'm all for a twitch type shooter but i have to wait for the pc port to consider it, and given the track record of pc ports, it will be a long wait, and lots of review reading.
I saw the "first impressions" video by totalbiscuit, for the single player on pc, looks fun, the last fps i really got into was battlefield 3, haven't played much since, part of me is still waiting for unreal tournament 4, whenever that will be.
people will complain that it's more of the same...but that is true for all games within their genere.
Sims 4 looks alot like the other sims games, skyrim looks lots like oblivion...who cares, as long as they make it fun!
Also your username and mine make this conversation very unsettling...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

how many people in a multiplayer game on this one? I play Red Orchestra a lot on PC and 64 people is awesome battles.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
well, i'm all for a twitch type shooter but i have to wait for the pc port to consider it, and given the track record of pc ports, it will be a long wait, and lots of review reading.
I saw the "first impressions" video by totalbiscuit, for the single player on pc, looks fun, the last fps i really got into was battlefield 3, haven't played much since, part of me is still waiting for unreal tournament 4, whenever that will be.
people will complain that it's more of the same...but that is true for all games within their genere.
Sims 4 looks alot like the other sims games, skyrim looks lots like oblivion...who cares, as long as they make it fun!
Also your username and mine make this conversation very unsettling...

Very good game in my opinion, graphics are very good on the PS4..Don't know about PC though but it most likely looks better. I always cringe when I see your name!!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

how many people in a multiplayer game on this one? I play Red Orchestra a lot on PC and 64 people is awesome battles.

Team death match is 8v8 so 16 players and I think that's the maximum since the maps are very small in this game (good thing in my opinion)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Is there all the jet packs and magnet hands in the multi or just guns and normal jumping and what not.
I couldn't help but think there would be to much going on in multi had all the gadgets shown in the trailers

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Is there all the jet packs and magnet hands in the multi or just guns and normal jumping and what not.
I couldn't help but think there would be to much going on in multi had all the gadgets shown in the trailers

I've only played like 3 online matches and there are jet packs, which give you a boost when you jump if you double tap the jump button. Don't know much about the rest but I'll let you know when I get more games in!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
ehehe would be fun if we could bump into each other during a multiplayer match somehow!
As for how the game looks, well it did look nice, of course consider single player is always more heavy, single player should have a slight loss of detail.
The issue is really the porting. most games ported for pc are rushed, and have tons of bugs, they show all sorts of big and small problems,CoD ghosts was a pretty bad port for example, and it's something you have be careful about, since it's 60 or more euro you need to dish out.
As a rule of thumb i don't believe any hype or even most reviews (not after alien colonial marines...) so i tend to try out the "demo" first, hint hint

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Hey Muse, is this the follow up from Ghosts?

2nd

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
PC port isn't that great according to Xfactorgaming. Its also capped at 90fps.

I played it on Xbox One last night and I have to say I quite enjoyed it. However its still early days. The time to kill seemed really fast but that could be because I mainly play battlefield.

edit on 29/05/2009 by Slamminuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Hate to hate.. Jetpacks? I'm bored with all of the future stuff.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Oh hey, another CoD reskin, now with JETPACKS, GRAPPLING HOOKS, and LASERS. Can't say I'm interested in another of the long line of clones and very obviously reused content, but I do miss Black Ops 2.... Not like there is a whole lot of selection for multiplayer FPS on PS4 either.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
After playing Ghosts I have almost given up on this franchise. It's not that Ghost was extremely terrible by any means but I started to play BF4 and that game just blows it out of the water with ease imo. I was a big fan of Black Ops so the fact you mentioned that is good. I also prefer the small run & gun maps.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well its better than ghosts...

not saying much though.

I haven't finished the campaign yet but what i have played so far its pretty awesome. Decent enough story, if not very predictable yet still very enjoyable Kevin Spacey is amazing in it and graphically it looks very next gen, even on the xbox one.

Multiplayer so far seems to be back on form, it is definitely not clone of titan fall as some are saying, yes you have a jet pack and yes there are mech-suits but its still unique from Titan fall. The new pick 13 is very much like the black ops pick 10 system, for me Multiplayer still is not quite on par with the Black ops series but its better than MW3 and Ghosts and it feels easier.

And the SOUND!!! the Sound is epic, might just be my new tree-beach headset but it sounds amazing.

Overall pretty good first impressions not quite as good as black ops but a nice change to the carnage (not in a good way) that was ghosts.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I picked it up for the PS3 last night. It looks amazing. I wasn't going to get it but I had to see what the deal with was with the Exosuits. They're pretty awesome. I haven't played the campaign yet because I wanted to know if you always had the suits or if they were a kill streak reward (you always have it). The boost function adds a whole new, and awesome, element to the game. I have not gotten magnetic hands yet but they may be an unlockable attatchement for the suit. A couple exobilities that I have unlock are temperarary speed boost, a sheild that deploys from the forearm of the suit, one that make you generate health above the normal limit for a little bit, and one other that I can't remember. I know there's also a cloking option that makes you go all "Predator". Grenades are no longer thrown, but deployed from a quick pop up launcher on your forearm. The guns are pretty cool and the kill streak rewards are awesoooome. They brought back all the standard game modes and added a few new ones. There's also also a "Classic" playlist option without the exosuits. The few maps I've played have been pretty fun, mostly small but they opted to build up, not out, so they're all multiple tiers which I really like. Two other large changes are there's no "Support" kill streaks that carry over through death. But, you can customize all of them. Some options give you more firepower, some make it so more than one person can get in on it, and some have the option to make it carry over through death but make it so you need more points to gain it.
After about an hour and a half of playing, I like it.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I dont know, but there are people who I used to work with and we used to play black ops online every night, well now all of a sudden they are popping up on my friends list, and some have not been online for years. I think this franchise may have been done and redone so much that I dont think jetpacks and all the other gadgets would be all that of a gamechanger, however I dont think its been done to death quite yet.

I really dont know what to think, but people said that its probably the best COD game yet, which is not saying much since this franchise has practically been the same for years and years, and the last one Ghosts just sucked so much that people went back to playing the older and graphically outdated black ops after a day of playing the new ghosts game.

But in all I think the majority of people just get games like this to get online with there buddies and let lose, not necessarily because the game is all that great, its more just for those reasons alone, and offcourse mindless online shooting with people you know. In fact I think the game came out today and so far nobody on my friends list is even playing this game in story mode, there all in matchmaking. So ya! That says it all right there. If they stay online playing this game by next week, I may consider getting it.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
In fact I think the game came out today and so far nobody on my friends list is even playing this game in story mode, there all in matchmaking. So ya! That says it all right there. If they stay online playing this game by next week, I may consider getting it.

Who the hell plays CoD for the story? That's like buying a game just to read the manual. The only reason I bought Black Ops 1 and 2 was for online play. The more I watch gameplay vids, the more I want the game to reminisce on old times of domination and easy kill streaks.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm considering this ONLY for the SP part of the game, I dont do MP on the CoD games, too make hackers, aimbotters and idiots that jump around. No tactical play whatsoever

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

LOL

Never thought I'd see the words CoD and Tactical in the same post

Hilarious when they think what works in CoD works else where....

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Hey now, jumping is crucial in CoD

Jumping and dolphin diving, you know things that would totally work in those type of scenarios
edit on thSun, 09 Nov 2014 13:11:11 -0600America/Chicago1120141180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join