It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHARING

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sweat to see kitty share!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Awwwwwww, sweet!!!! Adorable! Kitty mustn't be too thrilled though. LOL

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I was going to say something about the masked robber but then I changed my mind.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
HAHAHAH...

We have the same problem here, except we haven't seen the racoons yet but we did see a big ol' opussum out there eating the cat food. I don't think the cats like it very much though...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Awwwwwww, sweet!!!! Adorable! Kitty mustn't be too thrilled though. LOL

Wish I could ask, there is no growling or anything but I bet you are right after all Kitties are pretty set in their ways and possessive of their things!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If that is your cat and you care about it you should do everything possible to keep that raccoon off of your property. I realize it's cute, and looks like a little bandit, but I can assure you that raccoon will rip your poor kitty to shreds (literally) if given the opportunity.

Continuing to leave cheap and easy to get food outside is just asking for trouble. Coons will kill cats, dogs, chicken, ducks, baby sheep, pigs, etc.. They are not cuddly little pets.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

Ya i didn't want to be the negative Nancy either but I have always heard that racoons can be nasty ltitle buggers.
It's a cute picture and all but would hate to see what happens when kitty is over it and wants the food and mr. Racoon isn't

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Dp
edit on rdMon, 03 Nov 2014 13:56:51 -0600America/Chicago1120145180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I say theft!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Sure, from the back

From the front he looks like this

Cody

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus
If that is your cat and you care about it you should do everything possible to keep that raccoon off of your property. I realize it's cute, and looks like a little bandit, but I can assure you that raccoon will rip your poor kitty to shreds (literally) if given the opportunity.

Continuing to leave cheap and easy to get food outside is just asking for trouble. Coons will kill cats, dogs, chicken, ducks, baby sheep, pigs, etc.. They are not cuddly little pets.

My kitty will kill birds too. To me they are equal beings and I have watched them come and go for all my life and only one fought with my cat and it lost even though the coon was huge and kitty was old. I don't leave food outside at night.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: TinkerHaus

Ya i didn't want to be the negative Nancy either but I have always heard that racoons can be nasty ltitle buggers.
It's a cute picture and all but would hate to see what happens when kitty is over it and wants the food and mr. Racoon isn't

You know I have heard all those stories also, I am not young I have always lived in the country and yet I have never seen any of this bad behavior. The worst thing I have seen is begging. I had a Mama raccoon clearly not making a living, she knocked on our door and held out her hand all surrounded by wide eyed little babies hiding behind her.

We did feed her because she was clearly in need. I can't see a hungry wild Kitty any differently than the other wild ones.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

My folks had a big boar coon that broke into their attic and did over $24,000 in property damage.

This was after decades of my grandparents having the things around and no trouble. It can happen, and after it did, my parents started their coon control program with the shotgun. They didn't like it, but the wildlife control folks told them they couldn't take them anywhere to release after live trapping them because they are too numerous and pests.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It seems to me those two have met before. LOL

But I have to agree with other posters. Cute, but deadly combination.

Many years ago, I happened upon a scene that made me cry. My neighbors dog got into it with a racoon at night.

It was like neither one of them knew the other was there and then a huge fight.

Racoon 1 - Dog 0

No second round. Dog ended up at the vet. Had to get alot of stitches.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
My friend has chickens, he loses a few a year to raccoons. His neighbor has a few pit bulls in a large run in their back yard. One day one of his pits got in to it with a raccoon. Long story short, raccoon ran off unharmed after ripping the poor dog apart. I didn't personally witness this, but I did see the aftermath.

I can understand wanting to take care of them - but inviting them over by handing out food is surely asking for trouble. After awhile they will start to view your yard as their yard, and they will protect their property and food source.

Ultimately it's your call and you should do what you think is right, but raccoons and cats/dogs don't mix in my experience.

top topics

join