It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[SEC2014]Underground

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The Autumn wind scattered leaves across their path as they walked. "You're pretty quiet tonight. You ok? he asked his closest friend. Taylor shook his head. "No, Jeff, there's something I've needed to tell you for a very long time."
"And what might that be?" asked Jeff with hesitation. They had been close friends for years and Jeff couldn't imagine Tyler holding anything back from him. They entered a clearing in the woods and sat on the grass facing each other.

Tyler began to stutter, something he had never done before. "When my Fa, Fa, Father died, he confessed the secrets he had held for all those years working at the underground facility. You know he was sworn to secrecy, but he had nothing to lose and...he told me things." Jeff pulled his hood over his head to keep the chill out. "What things?" Tyler stood up and began to pace. "THINGS! Horrific things! Things you couldn't imagine could actually be real!" Jeff knew Tyler and he knew his Father and neither would lie and make things up. Seeing how agitated his friend was, he became concerned. "Ok man, take a deep breath and sit down, you're making me nervous. Now tell me what the hell you're talking about." Taylor ran his fingers through his thick dark hair. "Do you remember all the weird stuff we used to hear about online about places deep underground and vats with bodies in them and hybrids and genetic experiments and all that?" Jeff snorted than burst into laughter. "You're not gonna tell me that's what your Father discussed with you are you?" He thought Tyler was pulling his leg, but he could see in his friends eyes that he was dead serious. Now Jeff was the one pacing.

A cold wind blew and Tyler shuddered. "They kidnapped people Jeff! They took them away from their normal little lives and put them into a living nightmare that never ended, genetically altering them into part animal and part human or part alien and part human. They were hideous and suffered deeply physically and emotionally." Jeff didn't want to believe that such things could be true. "Are you telling me they pickled people in vats and turned them into... things?" he asked. A squirrel scurried through the branches overhead as Tyler took a deep breath trying to compose himself. "They're still there hundreds of them deep down underground. They're still alive and my brother... he was one of them! He found a way out Jeff. He found a way out and killed himself. He found a way out of the dark dank halls that held him like a tomb. He was never missing! My Father had to lie all those years and say his son was missing. There was nothing my Father could have done to save him or they would have killed us all." Tyler broke down sobbing uncontrollably. Suddenly they heard the crunching of leaves and snapping of twigs. Someone was there. Someone had been there all along watching and waiting. Behind them were men, men in white jackets like the men that worked in labs and deep underground.

edit on 3-11-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
you are a gifted writer night star

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Sorry its not bad, but nothing new.

shoud have endid with,

snap of a twig, then some kind of human things!
jumpt out and grabed them.
a man in a lab coat walls up and says.
"I think its about time you visited your brother.
I think he would like you to stay too.
I know I would..."

if you like it you can use it.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
you are a gifted writer night star

Thanks so much!!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Sorry its not bad, but nothing new.

shoud have endid with,

snap of a twig, then some kind of human things!
jumpt out and grabed them.
a man in a lab coat walls up and says.
"I think its about time you visited your brother.
I think he would like you to stay too.
I know I would..."

if you like it you can use it.

Thanks for the critique. I didn't know what the heck to write. That's what pooped into my head. LOL

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Very Cool Story Night!! I Really liked it!!!
Syx

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Thank you Syx! Much appreciated!!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Gave me chills Night. The characters were rendered very real in just a short space, their actions and the brief physical descriptions, were enough I could see these two friends. Schweet!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

Thank you!!

Nice avatar!!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Nice one Night

Took me back to a childhood memory of best friends sharing secrets.

Thank you

Cody

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Thank you Cody!!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Killer! That was truly chilling, way to go.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Awww, thank you!!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Short sweet and to the point ! WTG girl enjoyed it ! Now I am so humbled I probably won't enter (as he bows down in supplication and awe mumbling "I am not worthy"!)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Wow! I myself am humbled by your reply. Oh, you are indeed worthy to enter and I encourage it! Now go...go and write that story!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Great entry, Night!

Chilling and creepy. I will be imagining those poor poor people...

Peace,
AB

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
i liked it! i brought some childhood memories by the campfire and my dad telling me stories of what has happened in the area where we were camping. Tho his was about ghosts and local history. Your story folded nicely and was easy to read !
Maybe in future that kind of things ( maybe even today ) are told by the fire .
edit on 4-11-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Fun read that left me craving for more!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Loved the perspective coming from someone getting info 2nd hand. A clever way to focus on the important details. Your descriptive style and language made me feel as though i was there with them....maybe one of those in the white jackets

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Gahhh! CLIFFHANGER!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join