It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOT a Rock!!! Anomaly in Moon Photo lo5-126-h2a.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hey don't everybody run away from this thread

Lunar Orbiter is an important source of American made lunar images made before Apollo went to the moon.

The OP's source image ser.sese.asu.edu...

I cannot fully accept this digital file into evidence without knowing the provenance of these images, to wit, who arranged them, who created the scans, who created the .tif and who uploaded the .tif and the circumstantial evidence that is accumulated out of asking pertinent questions about those explicit activities. And the activities of Farouk El-Baz.

The OP has posted anomalies from this image. I have posted anomalies from it. No doubt there are many other unanswerable anomalies in this image that have not been posted yet.

However, The ATS jury cannot decide anything about this image before we know the substantive facts about how this image was created. Who would like to step up to that task?

If the provenance of the image is not sturdy enough to survive a cursory examination then the source material might be thrown out as evidence.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

Thanx for stepping up with that post!
I don't want to leave this alone.
As to the activities of Barouk, here is some BackGround on Farouk El-Baz from his website, Farouk El-Baz from part of His Biography there. It pertains to the time of this Image being made...... I am still trying to figure out how to dig deeper into this to find out who exactly created this image, and how it was made, etc......

Partial Bio on Farouk:
"From 1967 to 1972, Dr. El-Baz participated in the Apollo Program as Supervisor of Lunar Science Planning at Bellcomm Inc., a division of AT&T that conducted systems analysis for NASA Headquarters in Washington DC. During these six years, he was Secretary of the Landing Site Selection Committee for the Apollo missions, Principal Investigator of Visual Observations and Photography, and Chairman of the Astronaut Training Group of the Apollo Photo Team. His outstanding teaching abilities were confirmed by the Apollo astronauts; while circling the Moon for the first time during Apollo mission 15, Command Module Pilot Alfred Worden said, “After the King’s [Farouk's nickname] training, I feel like I’ve been here before.”
During the Apollo years, Dr. El-Baz joined NASA officials in briefing members of the press on the results of the lunar missions. His appeal resulted from an ability to simplify complex issues in clear, succinct and easily understood words. His remarks on the scientific accomplishments were regularly quoted by the media during the Apollo missions. At that time, he became a naturalized U.S. citizen in April 1970.

Surrounded by Apollo Command Module Piilots (from left): Michael Collins (Apollo 11), Richard Gordon (Apollo 12), Stuart Roosa (Apollo 14), and Alfred Worden (Apollo 15) at a 1994
Surrounded by Apollo Command Module Piilots (from left): Michael Collins (Apollo 11), Richard Gordon (Apollo 12), Stuart Roosa (Apollo 14), and Alfred Worden (Apollo 15) at a 1994 "Salute to Apollo" in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
In Episode 10 (“Galileo Was Right”) of the TV series “From the Earth to the Moon,” produced by Tom Hanks for HBO, his role in the training of the Apollo astronauts was featured in a segment entitled: “The Brain of Farouk El-Baz.” In his honor, the popular television program “Star Trek: The Next Generation” featured a shuttle craft named “El-Baz”.

After the Apollo Program ended in 1972, he joined the Smithsonian Institution in Washington DC to establish and direct the Center for Earth and Planetary Studies (CEPS) at the National Air and Space Museum (NASM). At the same time, he was elected member of the Lunar Nomenclature Task Group of the International Astronomical Union (IAU). In this capacity, he continues to participate in naming features of the Moon as revealed by lunar photographic missions."

There is more to His Bio at his website, before and after this piece.

Here is a website that had this image on it's site for a while now. I did a google on this image and found this:Anomaly on Moon Photo

Thanx again!!
Syx

edit on 13-11-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

The site you linked is a hoaxter.

It was already discussed when and how this image was made originally and the when and how it was made available to us.

The living moon is a sham site.
edit on 14-11-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Ok Thanx. I just stumbled on that site from a google I did. I appreciate You letting Me know!

"It was already discussed when and how this image was made originally and the when and how it was made available to us." You said this has been discussed. In this thread, did I miss it? Or where? Thanx. Syx.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join