It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOT a Rock!!! Anomaly in Moon Photo lo5-126-h2a.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

Whole images were too large to be scanned at once and were broken up into four sections, A-D. A is the upper right quadrant, B the lower right, C the lower left and D the upper left, with some overlap between each.

ser.sese.asu.edu...

The images are a single image produced, from a single film frame, taken at a particular time, and transmitted from the spacecraft in scanned strips.

The online images are scans of those images. They are not from multiple images, they are from a single image. They are not composed of multiple triangular sections they are composed of 4 rectangular sections.

You can see the areas where the mosaic was put together from different shots/orbits evident by the triangular residual features made more apparent with the dark blue fill color.
Nonsense. Your color replacements and random lines show nothing.
edit on 11/3/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

Ok, now in the flipped Image, it looks like Yoshi is on a parabolic sun-tanning dish, and His cooler is on the ground next to Him!! Now We know also who built this there as You can clearly see the Double'SS' Nazi Symbol made with Bricks! LOL!!!

Hey now, All kidding aside, Cheers back to Ya, and Thanx for the pat on the Back! I appreciate that!! I did notice too that depending on the direction of the photo, flipped or not, it makes the anomaly look very different. I'll put Your few cents towards getting Myself a good Photo Editor!! I'd love to be able to take some of these pics and heavily scrutinize them, with better views than I am currently able to do!!
Thanx for Your Input!! Syx

edit on 3-11-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Rock.

Still a rock.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Np. Also i like what you see with the 2 nazi symbols. That stuck me right away lol. With older pictures like these you could have a building with a few windows and carpark and still would be put down to the quality of the picture. Also as you have seen you will get the usual posts offering nothing more than "its a rock", no effort to look or even think about it.
But as said keep looking because i know i will and at some stage it something will have slipped through the net, its only a matter of time.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
originally posted by: SyxPak

nvm
edit on 3-11-2014 by intrptr because: redacted, I didn't realize scale.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
I was expecting to come to this thread and see a rock...

It's alien that's for sure, probably martian!
Either a martian base, a martian satellite dish, martian picture anomaly or a martian ROCK.
Oh no I said rock! ;p

Not, I'm just pulling your leg, you could be on to something!

Nice find.

lol

I think these are pictures of the moon, it would be weird to find
Martian rocks on the moon, although I suppose it's possible, they
allegedly found one on Earth.

Rebel 5

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
So it's not a rock?
And this is said with absolute certainty by people.

So I take it that all these people claiming with absolutely certainty that this isn't a rock, that that isn't a rock, that it's "martian" in origin, that it's proof of another civilization, etc etc etc, are all highly educated people with the relevant degrees, PHD's, have the relevant experience in image analysis and all other relevant fields of expertise, to be making this judgement call?

It's one thing to say that in YOUR opinion, it does not look like a rock.
It's another thing to declare that it's absolutely not a rock but proof of an alien civilization.

I can claim it's not a rock as well. But what experience and expertise, training and education do I have to allow me to accurately analyze and describe what is in that image?

We aren't talking about a photo from something on earth, but a photo from something on another distant planet that we, me and you, have absolutely no idea about. We have the vaguest ideas about it's basic existence. That's it, because that's all we are taught in school.

We aren't scientists, we aren't experts on Mars. We aren't even experts on our own planet.

Yet nobodies sitting at home in front of their minor personal computer, probably a laptop, are declaring what is and what isn't?

And I'll tell you, all your claims are based on what you WANT it to be. What you wish for and desire and hope for.
A part of all of us wishes there was an intelligent alien species out there that we could make contact with, that we could one day travel to a distant planet or galaxy, and they to us. And that leads some of us to loose touch with reality.

But hey, nice thread. If you think NASA and the powers that be would allow something that was from an alien civilization to be in a publicly available image, then hat's off to you.
This from a site that claims that NASA and the CIA have a team of people who digitally edit photos before they release them to the public to hide evidence of aliens.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Actually, it probably is not a rock. It is far more likely that it is an image flaw.

Oh, it's "on" the Moon, not Mars.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
How is this an image flaw, when you can see it's own shadow as well.

edit on 3-11-2014 by raikata because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: raikata
I don't know what you are calling a shadow but I don't see anything that looks like a shadow where a shadow should be if there were one.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Well I can see its basis (also white) and a wee shadow just around the basis, as if the sun is shining from above it so to put it.

imagizer.imageshack.us...
edit on 3-11-2014 by raikata because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Look at the whole picture. See the other shadows? The sun is at a relatively low angle from the upper right. There is no shadow where a shadow would be.

edit on 11/3/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Here are two more sites. These are blow ups from the source taken from the top right corner of lo5-126-h2a ser.sese.asu.edu...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Did you even read any of the posts? Your mini rant is misplaced here and in all honesty a waste of your time. So what you are suggesting is we all stop questioning these things and trust nasa etc will go against the grain and remove human error.
If you have no time for such threads or this site then why take your precious time on your minor pc to try to convince YOURSELF of what is and isnt.

I thought the general consensus was that this was a flaw?

I think you may have lost touch with reality.......

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The sun would have to be shining the same for everything in the image...clearly the sun is not above and shining down.

Edit: Phage already posted such
edit on 4-11-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

After zooming in pretty far it seems to me that the sharpness of the object is inconsistent with the rest of the surrounding image, which looks uniformly more blurry everywhere else. This alone is fishy to me. I know what that means in the image editing world. I am not sure if it has the same meaning here..

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: spacemanjupiter

Hi SMJ. I appreciate Your input.
I can see what You are getting at there. It does appear to be pretty clear, the anomaly that is. Odd though, that if this was indeed, purposely manipulated, that 'they' would go to the trouble of making the anomaly so small, and can only be seen well after zooming way in on the main photo. If fake, it isn't a bad one, in my book. It did make me go like, "Oh wow, what is this?!" When I found it. If that's the reaction 'whoever' had in mind when making this, for one like Me who found the 'radar', it worked! LOL!!!! All that said if indeed this is not a flaw of processing, transport, etc......
I had a program years ago that one could enter an image, and the program would tell you everything about the image; Size, format, dates of when taken, when it was manipulated, if at all, and by what program it was manipulated with. It was an awesome program, and free, if I remember right. I'll have to get a hold of My future Son in Law, who gave it to me in the first place, and see if He still has it, or at least a link where I can get it again. It was very handy for stuff like this.
It read all the Exif Data of a photo. (Does that sound right?)
Thanx again, Syx.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Thanx for linking that. In that pic, I can see a little better details than in mine. It is not quite as grainy. One can see in better detail as well, the object in the shadow there. Unless as stated by some, it is also a flaw......

I appreciate Your effort!
Syx.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It's a Guitar Pick.

Everyone knows the giant musical group from Phobos - " Elvis Starfire and The Destroyers of the Universe" are known for trashing their equipment on Mars.

if you think thats something.. you should see the bands Marshall half stack.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm sorry but i just dont see anything here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join