It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Man Beaten For Dating Black Woman

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Speak for yourself. This is the way that your ancestors and present family members act, not mine, not the vast majority of Americans.

Stop painting the entire US as evil.

My peresent family members? Ooohh i do believe that was personal

Please note the difference between "evil" and inherantly racist.
One of them, "inherantly racist", was what i was accusing the US of being. The other, "evil", is what you said.

Just in case you had forgotten.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street

The United States is probably the most racially / religious / culturally diverse country in the World, and we are as serious about giving everyone a fair shake as any other country.

Yeah how come in 100 odd years there has been 1 non WASP president and he was shot?

Look I know the average US citizen could not care what colour or creed you are, but the are not in power now they?

When i labled the US a racist i was referring to its institutions and ruling elite. Shoot they don't even like you if your poor never mind your skin colour.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
Problem between black folk and cops is the treatment we recieve I've been laid out on the ground face down while cars were searched and the seats snatched out...I've been pulled over for no reason other than the kind of car I'm driving/riding in. Endless checkpoints (which thank god for the ACLU we no longer have to deal with that in Indy)--still, we live under a constant police presence.

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Saphronia]

Hey, join the club! I too have been taken out of a friends car while it was searched and I was guilty of no crime either. I wasn't, however, on the way home from the market in the middle of the day. I was out to a club in the middle of the night with 3 other people and we came up to a roadblock. We all had to blow into the little tester but were below the limit. The cops were rude and abusive I guess because they had been out on the side of the road all night. Who knows?

And, guess what else? We all live under constant police presence. I remember the arguments up in Louisville. The cops were catching flack for pulling over Black males in drug heavy neighborhoods so they backed off and the crime rate went up. next thing you know the residents were claiming they weren't getting police protection because no one cared about a black neighborhood. So, for every young black male pissed because they have to deal with law enforcement, there is an elderly black person cowering in their own home begging for it.

It would be nice if we could pretend that everyone who was out there was innocent and being harrassed because of their color but the fact is, without the presence of police, how many truly innocent people who be at the mercy of the younger and stronger? My advice to you is put your anger aside and at least think hard about what Bill Cosby is saying. The guys been around a lot longer than most of you youngsters who think you know it all. He's certainly coming from an angle of concern for people of his race. Once again you have to look at the motivations. I think you'll find they're entirly different than the dollar signs the good reverends go after.

Look, I'll admit that there are numerous cases of unwarranted police brutality. There are some real scumbags out there with badges. I've dealt with them too. I've been ran off onto the shoulder by a KY State Trooper...this time, in the middle of the day on the way home from the hardware store. (I have no idea what that was about. He never actually made a traffic stop). But, for you to take the position that every black male pulled over by the cops is innocent is just as bad as me taking the position all cops are good and ethical. (Hell, most of them control the pain killer rings in my area so I'm told) So, I'll give you that much because I've been witness to it. But, do you think your neighborhood would be better off without police presence or would you rather they just came in after the crime was committed and take report?

You're not going to be young forever. There will come a time in your life when your old, weak and alone too.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
In the Red states they probably would have beaten up the black woman instead.

Nope. Never heard of either case here in Alabama. We don't seem to care as long as you are a decent person.

You know, I shouldn't tell you any farther, but since this is just a small board of people, I guess I can tell you guys this little secret. All of your stereotypical views on us Southern Red State people are very old and outdated. As a matter of fact, we all have to take turns; the blacks living in the projects and the whites living in singlewide trailers, just to keep up the myth the Yankees have of Alabama. Every once in a while we have a race-related crime occur, just to get back in the media, and then both parties meet at the local coffee house, drink designer java, smoke cigars in our smoking jackets while listening to classical music and talk about our stock portfolios.
Whatever it takes to keep the Yankees from stopping and staying here while they drive through enroute South Florida!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Racism is a problem, if a black man wants to beat a white man he just has to say that the white was the one who was being racist and he will be able to get away with a hate crime because of the skin card. if a white man says something to a black man that hurts his feelings...he can get the white man for a hate crime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join