It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Man Beaten For Dating Black Woman

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It seems prejudice is still around and thriving in the minds of some ignorant, irrational people. A white man was beaten, stabbed, and burned with lit cigarettes because he dated a black woman!

BOSTON -- A Norwood, Mass., man is accused of stabbing a man, stoning him and leaving him to be run over by a train because he dated a black woman, officials alleged Thursday.

www.thebostonchannel.com...

Officials alleged that Long was angry that Joseph Parks, a white male in his 20s, had once dated a black woman. In September, Long and two other people, including Long's girlfriend, confronted the victim after smashing the windows to his house.

I can't understand why some people still feel this way. They must live with their heads buried in the sand,I feel sorry for them in a way, it must be hard to be so totally ignorant and misguided!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Maybe we'll find out that Long was a jealous exboyfreind.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by birddawg]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It happened in a blue state too, the next time someone makes fun of red states for having ignorant hicks they should look at this.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Left to die on train tracks? What is this the old west?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
It happened in a blue state too, the next time someone makes fun of red states for having ignorant hicks they should look at this.

A blue state does not mean that no conservatives reside in it...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

A blue state does not mean that no conservatives reside in it...

Very true but many people try to paint a picture of red states that have no liberals. Neither is true

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Racism is considered 'conservative'? Maybe you are right.

Who said racism wasn't alive and well in America?

In the Red states they probably would have beaten up the black woman instead.

Blue staters are 'self disciplined'. (sick joke)

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louiseI can't understand why some people still feel this way. They must live with their heads buried in the sand,I feel sorry for them in a way, it must be hard to be so totally ignorant and misguided!

You're either a very good satirist or you've never been out of the suburbs and get your news from CBS. You should have lived as I have lived and seen the things that I have seen.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hello:

Racism is alive and kiking. I know people that have married
outside their race, black with white ,white and oriental, ect.
I can not understand how any one will beat up a person
because he or she is married or dating outside their race.
Why? Are we becoming so evil that we can't look farther that
the color of our skin and hate one another because of it. Are
we the same inside or not?

I have a family member that married a black man (We are from
Puerto Rico)and nothing bad happen. But I know how people in
the streets talk when they walk-by , It is crazy!!

None of this surprices me , I mey add , I went with a white friend
of mine to a country bar in Florida. My friend was told that he was more than welcome to come in but I could not!!! and this was in 2002!!!

We need to lern to live in Peace with each other and soon.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Racism is considered 'conservative'? Maybe you are right.
Who said racism wasn't alive and well in America?
In the Red states they probably would have beaten up the black woman instead.
Blue staters are 'self disciplined'. (sick joke)

the definition of conservative is that which carries on the traditional elements of a thing. so therefore, since racism is such an inbred (
) part of america, it would be a fair assessment to say that it would fall under the conservative title. further, since we are now a more liberal country, those of us in more progressive parts of this land (america) would like to think that these former vices are dead. so when something as this situation arises, we (or those in other cultures) reply with shock. this is a healthy and desirable response. these actions should never be comfortable for anyone to hear or see.

the rationale behind a white person beating a white man for dating a black woman is that the attacker is punishing the victim for "degrading" their people. killing the person of different race is not as common anymore. maybe 25 or more years ago though.

thank God i live in california. most of that insanity is gone. i am half mexican and half white, and my girlfriend is half black and half white. i guess those bastards wouldn't know who to go after!

daved

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by latinwolf
Hello:

Racism is alive and kiking.

We need to lern to live in Peace with each other and soon.

Just so you know, the term kike is a disparaging reference to a Jew.

Boston has many miles of rapid transit rails known as the MBTA, or the "T".

[edit on 11-12-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
sure could use some super heros watching over the people of the world.man bring back wild west laws people need to protect themshelves these days.i feel very sorry this person......

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Trying to make a "red" or "blue" thing out of this incident is kinda racist in itselve

To me it are just some disturbed individuals, probably been drinking and bumping lines, to get enough guts to do something "heroic"

[edit on 11-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The News filtres out stuff like this, so people don't become racist.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
stuff like this happens all the time, it just doesn't usually make it to the news unless the beating leads to a death.

don't know if anyone remembers this, but Yusef Hawkins was a similiar case back in 1989, a black kid was beaten to death because he was dating a white girl in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn.

I also personally know an Indian kid who ended up in the hospital after a beating because he was dating a white girl in Queens.

Usually these incidents occur in predominantly white neighborhoods, but I am sure the opposite can also be said, I just don't know of any.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'd like to throw in my two-cents' worth and I hope you guys don't think I'm racist for it.

It just seems that black guys want white girls for bragging rights, which is absurd. If blacks and whites are equal, what's wrong with black women? My husband thinks it's because black guys are good at BSing people and black women know it while white women fall for it. Around here black guys pull the racist card a lot on white girls, accusing them of being racist if they won't sleep with them.

I'm not racist btw. I just don't like when people play the race card and do the old "woe-is-me-my-ancestor-was-a-slave" bit to get their way. Racists come in all colors, they're not just white. For example--Johnnie Cochran, Je$$e Jack$on, and Al $harpton come to mind.

I'm not 100% white myself. I have a little bit of Cherokee. Now if you want to talk about a race getting the shaft, it's the Native Americans!

At any rate, if two people of different races really are in love and want to date, that's fine. I just don't like when people use other people for an ego boost.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
stuff like this happens all the time, it just doesn't usually make it to the news unless the beating leads to a death.

don't know if anyone remembers this, but Yusef Hawkins was a similiar case back in 1989, a black kid was beaten to death because he was dating a white girl in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn.

Usually these incidents occur in predominantly white neighborhoods, but I am sure the opposite can also be said, I just don't know of any.

I remember the Yusef Hawkins incident very clearly...... a damn shame.

As a cauc euro-mutt, I have dated women of many colors and never had a problem......... if anyone does have a problem, then they can stick it where the sun don't shine!

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
I'm not racist btw. I just don't like when people play the race card and do the old "woe-is-me-my-ancestor-was-a-slave" bit to get their way. Racists come in all colors, they're not just white. For example--Johnnie Cochran, Je$$e Jack$on, and Al $harpton come to mind.

How is Johnnie Cochran racist? Or Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton for that matter? If you have quotes of some sort where these men have made racist statements against whites or others please post them. And, just because you don't agree with someones politics or opinions doesn't make them a racist. I don't agree with most of what you posted and I found some of it offensive--I wouldn't call it racist...just misinformed. And why do you use dollar signs in place of the "s"? Did you think it was cute or something? Or are you implying that these men are only about money? If that is the case then why didn't you come right out and say that? If they were white men making a living off of fighting injustice would you do the same thing? Maybe there are a few questions you need to ask yourself. Why do you recent these men so much? Because when racist cops rape a black man with a broomstick Al Sharpton protested? Or is it because when voters were purged unjustly from the rolls in Florida Jesse Jackson protested? Is it because they shine a big bright light on feelings that you would rather surpress and hide under the statement "I am not racist".

P.S. oh woe is me my ancestors were american slaves.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia

How is Johnnie Cochran racist? Or Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton for that matter?

Not only racists but racial entrepreneurs. Its all well and good to fight the racist biggots that still lumber around the US but quite another to create the situations and shake down people for a living. Lets merely look at motivations. If racism were to end tonight everywhere, who'd be having to look for another source for the millions of dollars they've grown used to controlling. In every race and society, we have to be careful that those who take it upon themselves to fight against an injustice don't wind up creating more of said injustice than existed in the first place to keep their cause. Anyone who cannot see that Jesse Jackson is shameless in these kinds of actions hasn't been paying much attention these days.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

Same thought popped into my head. But serioulsy this story doesn't suprise me in the least. Ive seen and heard of worse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join