It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Man Beaten For Dating Black Woman

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Racism is a problem that will no doubt keep on plaguing the world for many years to come.
But it dosent help when a person uses the"it's because im black" line to get out of trouble.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   

How is Johnnie Cochran racist? Or Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton for that matter?

I don't know about Mr. Cochran because I try not to follow the affairs of bloodsucking parasites (read Hollywood-ized Lawyers).

Jackson? en.wikipedia.org...

During the campaign, however, Jackson made an off-the-record reference to Jews as "Hymies" and New York City as "Hymietown", for which he later apologized.

What a short memory some of us have.

Sharpton? I'm not going to waste my time linking to this because there are way too many, but here's a good start point for your journey to find the racist Reverend's history (whoever ordained him should be shot):

Two names for you. Tawana Brawley and Steven Pagones.

Yes, everyone remember that? Remember Sharpton crusading for the young lowlife coaching how to pretend that she was raped and ruin a man's life and career? Sharpton had to pay $65,000 (microscopic considering the damage he did) to Pagones for ruining his life. Not my opinion, COURT PAPERS, don't bother disputing.

What about Sharpton leading virulent anti-semitic and anti-white protests against a shoe store in Harlem that was paying rent to a black landlord? Remember that? Remember how Sharpton and Morris Powell riled up the crowd to the point where a man ran into the store and MURDERED 7 people (including a black employee who Sharpton's protest group labelled a "cracker lover")?

I beg of you in the interest of intelligent conversation and thought please do not even try to claim that these two men are not racist. Jackson has done his fair share of apologizing for his comments and the world has moved on and he does a LOT of good work today. Sharpton has been commercialized, has a TV show and has skipped out on numerous financial impropriety charges.

That does not change the racist pasts that both of these men had. I have met both of them personally, and have never had any problems (I'm white by the way), but that's not the point. You don't ignore history. Our pasts are part of us, and their pasts count. Racists can be black too. People need to learn that.

[edit on 12-12-2004 by Djarums]

[edit on 12-12-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
In every race and society, we have to be careful that those who take it upon themselves to fight against an injustice don't wind up creating more of said injustice than existed in the first place to keep their cause. Anyone who cannot see that Jesse Jackson is shameless in these kinds of actions hasn't been paying much attention these days.

I'm sorry...are you saying the these men create more injustice. I don't think the Rev. Al called up the police and told them to shoot Diallo in the back so that he could have a protest. And, while you may find their actions shameless no one else comes to the hood when a drunken police officer mows down a family and gets off with less than a slap on the wrist. If it weren't for Jesse and Al many in this country would still be claiming that black people are "whining" about police brutality because it just "doesn't exist".

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Jesse Jackson is a shakedown artist. He uses threats of a black boycott to extort money for himself and his cohorts. Example: In the mid to late 90's, JJ led a boycott of Budweiser products, accusing Budweiser of having a poor record of minority-owned distributorships.

He dropped his support of the boycott after Budweiser paid a large chunk of cash to his Rainbow PUSH coalition, and gave his son a lucrative beer distributorship in Chicago.

More recently, he has extorted money from Verizon.
www.conservativenews.org...

Both Jackson and Sharpton are well known for ignoring issues in their own backyard in favor of travelling to the west coast for more publicized issues.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louise
It seems prejudice is still around and thriving in the minds of some ignorant, irrational people. A white man was beaten, stabbed, and burned with lit cigarettes because he dated a black woman!

I can't understand why some people still feel this way. They must live with their heads buried in the sand,I feel sorry for them in a way, it must be hard to be so totally ignorant and misguided!

I remember encountering this unexpectedly when going to college in Boston and being just as shocked then that things like this still occurred.

One of my friends was dating a "Townie" and came home one night from a date horrified and beside herself. They had been driving near his neighborhood when they passed a white woman with a black man. The "Townie" went into a rage, turned the car around and got out to beat the kid out of conciousness. His attitude was that he was providing a service to the community. I was pretty niaive myself, having grown up in a world where this kind of hatred did not exist. I was once confronted by a carload of "Townies" and given a pretty chilling warning because I was rollerskating with the black guys who lived in the building I stayed in over the summer. I also witnessed an oriental kid get beaten to the ground for attempting to come to the aid of someone else. His transgression was butting into something that was not his right to interfere with being of an inferior race.

This was 25 years ago! If this STILL goes on a generation later, it is a sad commentary of the ability to ever truly overcome these types of ignorant mindsets.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
One of my very good friends while I was growing up (20 years ago) was a black man who was married to a white woman (in North Carolina, the bible belt). They both said they heard the most comments and got hassled the the most from black women. BTW, the children that came from this union were absolutely beautiful with the best genetic qualities of both ancestrial groups.

Here is the bottom line on racism. There is no difference if you don't acknowledge one! No one is born a racist. People are trained that way. Being color blind (as I assume most here believe we should be), starts with you. You can hold on to percieved differences or you can let them go.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Personally, I don't believe in "colorblindness". I want you to see me for who and what I am. My traditions and culture are a very important part of my life and I don't mind sharing them with anyone but I don't want you to lie and not acknowledge that some things about my life are very different than yours because you are afraid to appear racist.

As far as black women being nasty to mixed race couples, often times that's true. It has less to do with color and racism, and more to do with society standards of beauty. Some black women take it personally when a black man chooses a white woman over a black woman...its insane but that's what years of racism in this country has fathered. I believe the black woman's attitude toward mixing is getting better though. Most black women that I know could careless if a black man dates outside of his race. We may be in the mall and see a couple and then another and then another then be like damn--the mixies are in full effect today. But, now-a-days to stare a couple down is just plain ole hatin cause she got what you aint got.

Back to the Sharpton/Jackson thing

I don't believe it's racist for them to protest police brutality and for the most part they bring the issues that black folk in this country are facing to light. Every time I think of DICK at the vice presidential debate I realize that the issues of black women are of no concern to the people that sit in Washington. Some may argue that its the same for everyone, but for the Vice President not to know the leading cause of death in women that look just like me and to nonchalantly dismiss it all together is eye opening to say the least. Sometimes private organizations such as PUSH get a bad rap just because of what they advocate but you guys can't even comprehend the good that they do in our communities. I don't see any of you on the block helping so I guess this is a pointless debate. PSHH. OH WELL.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

from Saphronia
Every time I think of DICK at the vice presidential debate I realize that the issues of black women are of no concern to the people that sit in Washington.

That's a pretty broad-brushed statement to make. The Democrats were far worse, practising their own flavor of -ism at Mary Cheney's expense. Dick Cheney might not have had command of a fact; the Democrats were just plain hateful.

I don't see any of you on the block helping so I guess this is a pointless debate. PSHH. OH WELL.

Next time you're on my block doin' good, stop in and have some coffee.

EDIT Aferthought

[edit on 12-12-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia

I'm sorry...are you saying the these men create more injustice.

Yes, I think that pretty much sums up what I'm saying.

I don't think the Rev. Al called up the police and told them to shoot Diallo in the back so that he could have a protest.

Nah, but I'd say he was glad to see another opportunity to grab some camera time.

And, while you may find their actions shameless no one else comes to the hood when a drunken police officer mows down a family and gets off with less than a slap on the wrist.

Yeah, I think internal affairs comes to the hood and investigates the scene. Jackson and Sharpton go to the press , most of the time without looking into the facts first. They assume it was a racial killing and don't bother to concern themselves with whether a crime was being commited or not. Just because someone has an ethnic background doesn't mean they aren't going to get killed commiting an armed robbery or some other crime. Here's a tip for all races in the US. If you point a gun at a cop, he will likely shoot you.

If it weren't for Jesse and Al many in this country would still be claiming that black people are "whining" about police brutality because it just "doesn't exist".

I will credit them for bringing this to the forefront. We all know police brutality does happen because cops are only human. You spit on one, kick one in the groin or lead one on a high speed chase and they are likely gonna be pissed...and likely go beyond what authority the badge gives them. That is a violation of said authority and if you think you cannot endure this kind of treatment from the public without blowing your top, this is not a good field to go into. Thats why I'm not a cop. I couldn't do it...and I admit it. The first time someone spit on me, I'd be suspended. Race doesn't play an issue for me in that.

However, I think the good Reverends step over the line when they begin to extort from businesses. This is where the creation of the injustices comes from. Sometimes businesses just cannot help the work force situation they have to contend with. One cannot go into people's homes and drag them into a job because of their ethnicity so how do you fill the requirements if no one wants the job? Evidentally, you pay Jesse Jackson off and he gets off your back about it. Is that the way we think this issue should be handled?

If Jesse Jackson really cared he'd be attacking this thing from the same angle Bill Cosby is. He'd be trying to educated and motivate his followers to be productive members of society and teaching them America is about opportunity to earn what you want not an entitlement to demand it.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Whites just feel insecure because they are losing their privileged status. The US is changing. It's about freedom and equality now. The status quo is changing to represent everyone, or at least trying to. Whenever you have change, people get scared. Some even foster and nurse this fear to win elections! It's easier to be ignorant and intellectually incurious, and people are lazy. It's hard work being engaged and expanding your mind, some find it easier to let a group do the thinking for them, and they think it benefits them some way.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Whites just feel insecure because they are losing their privileged status. The US is changing. It's about freedom and equality now. The status quo is changing to represent everyone, or at least trying to. Whenever you have change, people get scared. Some even foster and nurse this fear to win elections! It's easier to be ignorant and intellectually incurious, and people are lazy. It's hard work being engaged and expanding your mind, some find it easier to let a group do the thinking for them, and they think it benefits them some way.

Sure, I think some people feel insecure. I can agree with that part of your statement. I will agree that people get scared when things change...and I guess thats normal. Look at the fantastic blame game people create when the climate changes. They get scared so they create theories to blame it on man because someohow that gives them control of an uncontrollable variable.

However, I think this also works both ways as most issues you will find, always have another side to the coin. With this change in the status quo on one side also means the status quo will be forced to change on the other. There are certain social-economic variables to contend with as well because, my friends, this country isn't just about blacks and whites anymore. We are seeing a huge insurgence of Spanish only speaking people and our education system in these states isn't rising to meet their needs. Translation: States like California, New Mexico and Texas are next generations Appalachia while the education system of the SouthEast, once thought to be an ignorant part of the nation is steadily improving. We are seeing and great trend toward change in the US and not all of it is good news for everybody.

Take my area of East KY for example. Largely known for uneducated people having 10 to 12 kids in poverty. The man, a coal miner and the woman barefoot and pregnant. A trip through this area now would reveal something quite different. The birth rate is down way below the national average and a the percentage with college degrees is up past the national average. In fact, by 2030, our statistics department is actually predicting our district will decrease in population! Where do we see uneducated people having the large numbers of children in poverty now? Well, I think we all know.

The point is, people in Appalachia were made fun of many years and all the government programs and whining did nothing to help it. People have to motivate themselves and take a global look at what having so many children and not sending them to school for an education is going to bring.

So many of you preach about thinking globally and acting locally without touching on this problem which is at the root of it. You all want to make out like Joe Schmoe who has a kid or two, works 10 hours a day and goes home to house he's killing himself to pay for is the villian in all this and thats not the case.

Our minorities need to realize that with this change which they have demanded will also come demands on them because they are no longer the true minorities in the US. The motivations must change in this country if we are to prevent it from falling into a widespread version of the Appalachias I grew up in. It won't matter who gets the blame because we'll all share in the result.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The US is built on racism, and thrives off inequality. So... SURPRISE.... when it rears its ugly head again!

The US is oone of the most institutionally racist places in the world, firstly it is based on Genocide, secondly with the creation of the new world europeans also created the 3rd world. And look at who is one of the biggest exploiters of the 3rd world, the US.
Once they could no longer force africans to make the atlantic crossing, they started fooling any person into emigrating regardless of skin color. Just talk to some Irish or Italians who made the jorney long ago if they were treated with respect or dignity...

I don't think i will live to see a non WASP president of the US. Not without some serious shift in power anyway, and the kind of shift needed to bring power back to the people is going to be one of huge proportions.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
The US is built on racism, and thrives off inequality. So... SURPRISE.... when it rears its ugly head again!

The US is oone of the most institutionally racist places in the world, firstly it is based on Genocide, secondly with the creation of the new world europeans also created the 3rd world. And look at who is one of the biggest exploiters of the 3rd world, the US.

Speak for yourself. This is the way that your ancestors and present family members act, not mine, not the vast majority of Americans.

Stop painting the entire US as evil.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
corinthas says:

"The US is built on racism, and thrives off inequality. So... SURPRISE.... when it rears its ugly head again!"

Rubbish.

The United States is probably the most racially / religious / culturally diverse country in the World, and we are as serious about giving everyone a fair shake as any other country.

I hardly think the Brits with their Jamaican-Indian-Pakistani-Irish troubles are in a position to cast stones, are the Germans with their gastarbeiter, and the French with their "issues" with both Jews and Muslims.

And those European countries are about as non-racist as you can get, compared to the rest of the world. Just about every other country outside of Latin America is as 'instutionally racist' as can be; what with the Japanese and their treatment of gaijin and eta; the Chinese and their pogroms against non-Han; the combatants in what was once Yugoslavia, etc., etc.

And do I even need to mention caste warfare in India and bloody tribalism in Africa?

Corinthas, I don't think you've ever been outside the United States -- if that's where you live. I can think of no other reason why your views of the state of race relations in the United States vis-a-vis the rest of the world should be so wrong.

"I don't think i will live to see a non WASP president of the US. Not without some serious shift in power anyway, and the kind of shift needed to bring power back to the people is going to be one of huge proportions."

I gather you don't remember -- or perhaps have never heard of -- John F. Kennedy, a non-WASP. Admittedly a mediocre president, Kennedy died twelve years before you were born; perhaps a re-reading of your history would re-acquaint you with the facts of his presidency and non-WASPness.

And at your young age, I have no doubt that, if the neighbors don't get you first, you will live to see another non-WASP President. Indeed, although I'm an old man, I myself would not be surprised to find that the next President of the United States could be a Black woman, which as about as non-WASP as you could get.

I could even venture a prediction as to her name and political party, but I hardly think that's necessary, do you?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Saphronia says:

"How is Johnnie Cochran racist? Or Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton for that matter? If you have quotes of some sort where these men have made racist statements against whites or others please post them."

Do you remember Jesse Jackson and his referring to New York as "Hymie-town"?

And remember when John Dean said he wanted to get the votes of the southerner in his pickup truck with the confederate flag? And then, the next day, Al Sharpton likened Dean to a man who wants to be the candidate of "...Idaho skinheads flying the swastika."

Sharptons rejoinder to Dean was simply and inescapably racist. Sharpton assumed, without proof or discussion, that all White folks who display the Confederate flag must hate Black folks as a matter of course.

This opinion represents a simple failure to make distinctions. No one denies that some White supremacists also fly the Confederate flag; but pride in Southern heritage is a far more complex thing than pride in White skin, and it encompasses dimensions of life that have nothing whatever to do with race.

To assert that all Southerners who are proud of the South are also racial bigots is no more rational or informed than to assert (equally falsely and equally idiotically) that all Blacks carry razors or all Mexicans are thieves.

They arent and they dont. Al Sharpton would easily see that the latter accusation is racist, so it is odd that he doesnt see his own accusation the same way.

Well, actually, it's not odd; Sharpton feels he can get away with his racism because of the earnest fools who so desparately don't want to see him the way he really is. I guess Sharpton looks to those folk as his line of defense....

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't think interracial relationships are considered as big a deal in the UK as they are in the US, at least not for a good few years. Of course they're are the exceptions and unfortunately these days it tends to be more within some ethnic communities, which doesn't excuse it. I can't get my head around this kind of thing, leave people to go out with who they wish too, what's so hard about that.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Corinthas,

The way that you posted indicates to me that you have completely ignored all of world history; an amazing feat i might add.

You complain that the origin of the United States was so awful and as such you clearly assume that countries like Britain France and Spain (for example) were just "Always there". Right? And they never committed any foul deeds in the name of expansion. What like Spain in South America, France in Africa, or Britain across the whole known world at the time? Murdering natives, converting natives, raping natural resources.

But it's ONLY AMERICA who's racist, right? Is there anything that some people will not post anymore?

Get this through your head already. The entire world has a checkered history when it comes to human rights and equality. The entire world has committed horrible acts against each other over the course of many millenia. Many countries besides the US were involved in such racist activities such as Slave trade (reading will teach you that).

A lot of progress has been made and a lot of progress needs to be made. By laying the blame on America alone (as so many of you do so often) you prove yourself to know absolutely nothing about the problem and show a lack of desire to become better educated.

I understand blaming America for everything is fun and furthers the filth that you've been taught growing up, but to blame America for racism and make it like America is the only one with a problem in that area is so pathetic I don't know what other words to use.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
I will credit them for bringing this to the forefront. We all know police brutality does happen because cops are only human. You spit on one, kick one in the groin or lead one on a high speed chase and they are likely gonna be pissed...and likely go beyond what authority the badge gives them. That is a violation of said authority and if you think you cannot endure this kind of treatment from the public without blowing your top, this is not a good field to go into. Thats why I'm not a cop. I couldn't do it...and I admit it. The first time someone spit on me, I'd be suspended. Race doesn't play an issue for me in that.

However, I think the good Reverends step over the line when they begin to extort from businesses. This is where the creation of the injustices comes from. Sometimes businesses just cannot help the work force situation they have to contend with. One cannot go into people's homes and drag them into a job because of their ethnicity so how do you fill the requirements if no one wants the job? Evidentally, you pay Jesse Jackson off and he gets off your back about it. Is that the way we think this issue should be handled?

If Jesse Jackson really cared he'd be attacking this thing from the same angle Bill Cosby is. He'd be trying to educated and motivate his followers to be productive members of society and teaching them America is about opportunity to earn what you want not an entitlement to demand it.

Don't get me started on Bill Cosby. I just calmed down off of that one I don't wanna get my pressure back up.

Problem between black folk and cops is the treatment we recieve I've been laid out on the ground face down while cars were searched and the seats snatched out...I've been pulled over for no reason other than the kind of car I'm driving/riding in. Endless checkpoints (which thank god for the ACLU we no longer have to deal with that in Indy)--still, we live under a constant police presence. I say, we are living in occupied terroritories. I personally just show them my freedom papers and play the good N I double G ER. I shouldn't have any war stories about the police because I'm a law abiding citizen but I've had countless run ins just because of where my sister lives. There is a cop for every corner over there and they always got somebody sitting on the curb in the cold while they search the car and run ya name and make sure you aint got no warrants. After going through that twenty or thirty times see if you won't spit on a cop...oh, I'm ranting.

Anyways, I had a point somewhere in there...oh, see both sides of the issue. You can sympathize with the cops but you can't sympathize with black folk that have to deal with the cops--good and bad their job is to harass us. They are so busy harassing us that they don't ever catch a crimes in progress. They'll have a law abiding citizen pulled over sitting on the curb while the real thieves and killers are running up in their house.

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Saphronia]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Just talk to some Irish or Italians who made the jorney long ago if they were treated with respect or dignity...

Wow....

What country or goverment does not thrive off lack of equality? Name ONE.

What happened to the Natives here is done. We can't reverse that. We can only work to make better what we have now for everyone here.

My family came over from Ireland and other parts of Europe because life was not good for them over there. They came over so their kids could have a better chance than they did.

So what were they gonna do? Stay in Ireland and keep being treated like flotsam by the British Goverment or take off to somewhere new to hopefully have a better life?

They endured hard times(including prejudice) worked their asses off and were successful.

I AM A PRODUCT OF THAT

......and damn proud. I have those duped foolish dummies to thank for having the guts to dream, get on the boat and start over from nothing.

The pecking order in relation to immigrants is always around...... just human nature, not that it is right though....Don't forget the current large crop of eastern European and Arabic immigrants. They seem to be adapting to life here.

The ony difference for people of color is that it is harder for them to assimilate because they do not look like the majority. That is changing, thank god. Won't be perfect in my lifetime, but at least there are steps being made in the right direction. Hopefully incidents like the one that sparked this thread will be just be a part of the past and rightfully frowned upon by future generations.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Just one thing. Conservative doesn't = Racist, and Liberal doesn't = The Complete Opposite. Individuals vary regardless of stereotype.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join