It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution vs Creation, no longer a dilemma for religion, Pope Francis I gave a definitive Approval

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the light,
Dear Readers,

Every body knows about the so controversial Religious debate that has existed in between defenders and contradictors of the Evolution theory, that is in the core of what at present is already accepted as evident in Biological sciences.

Since the times of the Victorian era , when Darwin launched the evolution principles, the most important of which is natural selection, there were many criticisms attacking his theory, primarily coming from religious circles.

While in the Protestant world it is almost universally condemned evolution as an atheist vision of science, and in America the hard core fundamentalist Christian Evangelical region of the south is leading such position, it is interesting to see that since 1930s, the Roman Catholic church, that is the biggest Christian Congregation of the world has been doing important efforts to conciliate the findings of biological science with the Holy scriptures.

Well, finally the His Holiness the Pope Francis I has done the definitive step to embrace evolution as something acceptable from the point of view of Theology and has openly declared that also the Big Bang Theory is not contradicting the existence of a God Creator.

Here the so historic declaration of the Holy father about this so important topics:

"God is not a divine being or a magician, but the creator who brought everything to life," the Pope said Monday in an address to a gathering on "Evolving Concepts of Nature," hosted by the Pontifical Academy of Sciences. "Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of things that evolve."

here the links of the media reporting such transcendental Historic public declaration:

www.cnn.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.usatoday.com...

It is important, however, to mention that since 1950's H.H. Pope Pius XII opened the door to big bang and evolution as theories
that deserved to be studied carefully by the Church with open mind. H.H. Pope Benedict XVI pointed that Intelligent design is a very important tool to understand the real limits of the evolution theory.

I am wondering what can be the reaction of:

1) The most extreme enemies of evolution that still exist in this country and that are transmitting dozens of hours weekly, on religious organizations paid TV channels, to continue a battle that at the light of this declaration seems to be absurdt? or

2) What might be the one of fundamentalist atheists that have used evolution, also through their own media , as a supposedly formidable weapon against the beliefs in God for decades trying to convince us that we are the result of really improbable accidents happened without any direction or intention?

I really buy just only one minute of the thoughts about this declaration of people like Tom Cruise, James Randi, Joe Nickel from one side or the one of Kirk Cameron or John Hagee from the other.

Thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 10/31/2014 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

See... Now there are Christians that will say he's possessed by the devil... and agent of Satan!!

Our book is still right!!

Dinosaurs still walked with Humans!!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned, this was mainly only an issue with certain atheists and a subset of Christians who don't want to believe that faith and science can reconcile.

Oh, and the Pope is not the person who tells me what my faith is all about. I'd figured out how science and faith fit together a long time ago. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

This is ignorance of science. Invariant symmetry is the strong force that is unchanging. Symmetry breaking is the weak force and cannot be evolution, but translational symmetry only. He should read the Bible. God is not changed. We are. Involution is baptism and evolution is simply returning to the prime archetype. He should know better.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Very good and excellent news. His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama said some years ago: "If science proves some belief of Buddhism wrong, then Buddhism will have to change."

edit on 10/31/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

See... Now there are Christians that will say he's possessed by the devil... and agent of Satan!!

Our book is still right!!

Dinosaurs still walked with Humans!!

and there will be those who say

I am smart, I know everything and you are dumb because you dont accept what I tell you.

As will the secularist.

We are all the same, go figure.

I am a creationist and have no respect for the office of Pope, his opinions concerning science or his beliefs.

Look at the fruit of the Catholic church from its inception.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

and there will be those who say

I am smart, I know everything and you are dumb because you dont accept what I tell you.

Isn't that the same thing?

Pretty sure I just said that... I just worded it differently...

I am a creationist and have no respect for the office of Pope, his opinions concerning science or his beliefs.

Look at the fruit of the Catholic church from its inception.

that's all well and good... I am somewhat of a Creationist as well... Just not a biblical creationist

I believe God created the universe billions, even trillions of years ago.... How?

I don't know, and I couldn't care less....

And honestly... look at the fruit of Christianity since its inception...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Protestants do not universally condemn evolution. Almost every single leading Christian apologist (of the protestant variety) is a proponent of cosmological evolution, and quite a few of them see no problem with biological evolution, either.

It perplexes me that the world is making such a big deal about this. There have been Christians who don't have a problem reconciling their faith with the findings of science for hundreds of years. Isaac Newton, one of the greatest minds in the history of science, was a Christian. While it's true that Darwinian evolution is still a controversial subject among some protestant groups, it's unfair to paint the entirety of protestants as being resistant to the idea of evolution.

I am a non-denominational Christian and I don't have any problem with the idea of evolution at all. It does not affect my faith one bit either way.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Why does this mean much to anyone? Would it be because some people are trapped in religion and have their thinking done for them by some authority figure?

What difference does it make what some head of church reckons??

Sooner or later we all have grow up and work out for ourselves what we hold to be true or false. Giving control of what our views are on particular topic to someone else to decide for us is jut sheer weakness of character.

top topics

join