It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temple of Thutmosis III found "by accident", illegal dig turned over to the authorities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
gulfnews.com... s-iii-s-temple-found-by-accident-1.1405869

Cairo: A group of men discovered a 3,400-year-old pharaonic temple from the reign of warrior king Thutmosis III under their house in a city south of Cairo, Egyptian officials said Wednesday.
Antiquities Minister Mamdouh al-Damaty said the seven men made the find during an illegal excavation in Al-Badrashin, 40 kilometres (25 miles) from the capital.
The men, using diving equipment, had come across the temple in ground water after digging for nine metres (yards).
A team of experts from the ministry took over the excavation work, while the seven men were detained but later released because the area was not a heritage site.

Can't wait to see what they find

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: zardust

Well that's one way to do it.

Can't wait for pics and videos.

P.S. I'm glad Zahi Hawass is out of the picture

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I bet there's so much more to be discovered under the streets of Cairo. I'm looking forward to seeing it whenever someone posts pics.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

That's pretty awesome! Wonder if they'll have to move or if they'll get paid? The link isn't working for me.

ETA:
Well, they got arrested for illegal excavations so I guess that answers my question.

The homeowners were arrested after Egypt's tourism and antiquities police heard of the illegal excavations, and a group of experts took over to find that the site was a 3,400 year-old temple from the reign of the warrior king, Thutmose III.

Ancient Egyptian Temple of King Thutmose III Discovered after Illegal Digging

This article has an image of a very phallic like statue that was discovered:

Seven murals, the remains of columns and a 2.5-meter-high statue, 8.2 feet, carved in pink granite, were also found. The authorities collected the pieces from the excavation site after pumping out the groundwater that flooded it to a depth of nine meters.

Illegal Excavation Uncovers Pharaonic Temple Ruins
There are probably so many discoveries waiting to be stumbled upon in that area, just thinking about it gives me goosebumps.

edit on 31-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

edit on 31-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

That's pretty awesome! Wonder if they'll have to move or if they'll get paid? The link isn't working for me.

ETA:
Well, they got arrested for illegal excavations so I guess that answers my question.
Ancient Egyptian Temple of King Thutmose III Discovered after Illegal Digging

They were released without charge since it wasn't an official heritage site. But I guess it will be now. Imagine exploring an old well in your garden, discovering that it led to an underground room, and that room led to several dozen floors - that's how many other places in Turkey and Italy have been discovered.

This article has an image of a very phallic like statue that was discovered:

Seven murals, the remains of columns and a 2.5-meter-high statue, 8.2 feet, carved in pink granite, were also found. The authorities collected the pieces from the excavation site after pumping out the groundwater that flooded it to a depth of nine meters.

Illegal Excavation Uncovers Pharaonic Temple Ruins
There are probably so many discoveries waiting to be stumbled upon in that area, just thinking about it gives me goosebumps.

I think the statue is on it's back
That's incredible - I wonder if they will find any mummies. Back in the 1930's, so many were found that they were shipped over to Europe and the USA to be used as furnace fuel. Sometimes they held parties where mummies were opened like Christmas crackers to discover what jewellery and gold they had.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
Pictures here... compliments of Vasa Croe in another thread.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Wicked stuff!!

Uhmm... Anyone read hieroglyphics?

new topics

top topics

join